Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Gray Screen Hero 4 Fat shark

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by chbeckdb9, Feb 7, 2015.

1. chbeckdb9

Hey,
    I have a phantom 2 with hero 4, zenmuse H3-3D, and fat shark FPv goggle setup. The system has been working quite well until the last few days, and the FPV only shows a gray screen. I thought it might be the wire going from the Phantom 2 board to the immersionRC transmitter, and replaced it, however this was not the case. I have attached the small camera that came with the fat shark into the Immersion RC transmitter and it worked fine, I have also checked the firmware updates etc. I am a bit stumped at what might be causing this issue. I don't think it is the transmitter or a goggle issue, or the smaller camera would not have worked fine.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

2. dptcalvin

Did you update your GoPro to the newest firmware? If so, check to see if it reset your NTSC/PAL setting and make sure your GoPro and Monitor are on the same setting.

3. bschaub

Replace the ribbon cable to the GP. Buy three of them.

4. chbeckdb9

Thanks for the quick replies. I have checked the firmware and the NTSC/PAL, this does not seem to be the problem. There is a tiny tear in the ribbon cable going into the gopro. I find it a little odd that when I apply differing pressure to the tear, there is no change in the picture or static occurring etc. While likely this could be the problem it makes me a little suspicious.
    Is it common for these to rip etc? Where do you prefer to purchase them ?
    Thanks again!

5. dptcalvin

It's extremely common for these to tear. If II bought your gimbal new, then it came with a spare. It came with a spare because DJI knew how fragile they are. If you can't find your spare, they're readily available online for about $4.