GPS Problem after updating the P2V to v3.04 firmware

Reaction score
Pilots

Few hours back I decided to update my P2V firmware to v3.04, once I finished the update process I recycled the power and noticed that the phantom yellow indicators are flashing rapidly which means that the GPS is not functioning.

Any idea what went wrong and to how to troubleshoot or fix this issue ?

bmaashari said:
Pilots

Few hours back I decided to update my P2V firmware to v3.04, once I finished the update process I recycled the power and noticed that the phantom yellow indicators are flashing rapidly which means that the GPS is not functioning.

I thought rapid yellows indicated loss of signal from the remote? It does in naza-m mode.

It also means that in vision mode. I know that steady yellow means ready to fly non gps in vision mode.

I know that steady yellow means ready to fly non gps in vision mode.

Hmmmmm... solid yellow? I can't say I've ever seen solid yellow on the flight indicator LEDs, except when calibrating the compass.

Rapid yellow flashing (on the flight indicators... the LEDs on the arms) means your Vision is warmed up but has not acquired a GPS lock ("ready to fly without GPS"). Have you tried upgrading again? Have you upgraded the RC as well (not that that should affect the GPS, but just to make sure everything is current). And are you sure that both your S1 and S2 switches are in the full up position?

bmaashari said:
Pilots

Dumb question, did you turn on the transmitter? :p

bmaashari said:
Pilots

Rapid yellow means your transmitter (controller) is off.

tedw123 said:
Rapid yellow means your transmitter (controller) is off.

Sorry. My bad. Slower yellow means no GPS lock. Faster means no RC. I guess it depends on how fast the OP is seeing ;)

Still never experienced a solid yellow, though, outside of calibration.

Sorry I'm having slow yellow blinking lights, in the app the gps is showing 0 satellite, I update the the TX controller & the camera with latest firmware but still having the same issue.

The question is , how can I verify that the GPS module (hardware) is functioning ?
Any recommended tests or check up ?

Thats a tough one... Not sure what tests you could do. You may have to open her up to inspect the GPS module and wiring. But call your vendor before doing so.

Perhaps try downgrading to the previous revision that worked, (1.08 was stable), and see if you can get GPS back.
Call you vendor for suggestions. Maybe they will replace it. Or offer a repair.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl