Got this message today "recalibrate the vision system"

Reaction score
Went out flying the P4P and after the second flight I was getting a warning when it powered up, recalibrate the vision system. I still flew and then started getting "Warning GPS disconnected". It happened a few times so after that I just landed it and flew the Mavic the rest of the day. Anyone have this happen? Is the GPS warning related to the recalibrate message?

Thanks,
S

I too received this message and I can't say anything about the GPS.
I flew on Saturday and all was fine, then while doing to camera testing inside the house on Sunday, I received that said message. I followed the instruction on the DJI assistant app and did the calibration. Others have had this issue occur sense the most recent update, so either they fixed a bug in the firmware that was not detecting a need to recalibrate or there is a bug that causes it to suddenly require it. Regardless, it flew fine after the recalibration.

Another member gave me some clear instructions. Let me know if you need them and I will search for them.

Here is the tips that Don Barar sent me.

1) Start with a fully charged battery.
2) Restore to factory conditions.
3) Use your primary monitor. Others are reporting the need to do this as well.

From my research others were reporting the following.

1) Make sure you have removed the shipping covers from the sensors.
2) If you are using Windows 10 there may be driver issues related to DJI Assistant that prevent calibration.

Finally, not certain if this is necessary, But, if you are restoring to factory conditions I recalibrated the IMU, gimbal, and compass.

Last edited:
Thanks Traveler. Why the need to restore to factory conditions?

All shipping covers removed on day on. I'm a Mac guy so no Windows issues....

Honestly I don't know. I did it once without restoring and once with and I didn't notice any difference. It came as a tip to me from another member and I was just passing it along to you.

I do however have a feeling that we will see more people getting this unexplainable need to calibrate.

That said, tested the OA on the next day in standard mode and tripod mode and everything was working fine after the calibration.

One note, when you align the drone to the screen and you start to chase the moving blue box, tilt it as if it was on a spindle vs moving it left, right, up down. In other words, the drone stays in the same place and you just pivot to aim.

Thanks again. I just hope this was related to the other issues of losing GPS and going into ATTI mode and back and forth.

Not sure what the previous post was since I don't read Spanish.. LOL

I will try it on my Mac Book Pro first and if it doesn't work on my iMac. I'll post the results...

Again thanks for the help!

S

No Puedo calibrar el Vision Position System del DJI Phantom 4P, no me sale en la pantalla para calibrar, alguien me puede ayudar?

Es necesario utilizar una computadora con el asistente de DJI para calibrar.
No hablo español así que estoy usando el traductor google.

Conecte el drone al ordenador, inicie la aplicación del asistente de DJI y, a continuación, seleccione calibrar. Desde allí, siga las indicaciones de la pantalla. Tendrá que hacer frente al drone en la pantalla y avanzar o retroceder para alinear un cuadrado como forma en la pantalla. Entonces tendrá que inclinar el zángano para seguir una caja azul alrededor de la pantalla. Usted llenará esto a dos distancias diferentes de la pantalla y luego repetirá para los sensores de fondo e inferior.

Espero que esto traduzca bien para que usted siga.

Buena suerte

Thanks again. I just hope this was related to the other issues of losing GPS and going into ATTI mode and back and forth.

Not sure what the previous post was since I don't read Spanish.. LOL

I will try it on my Mac Book Pro first and if it doesn't work on my iMac. I'll post the results...

Again thanks for the help!

S

Funny, I don't either, but google does. He was asking for the same help. I hope google got the translation right. LOL

Update......GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

So I did the vision calibration and the message is gone so I thought Great! Well 10 feet off the ground and I get the same other message .... GPS loss, went from 16 sats to 0. Came back in and factory reset through DJI assistant, recalibrate everything and launch. Same thing goes out of GPS mode to ATTI and lost all sats.

Get online with DJI tech support chat and they ask me the issue, tell me to calibrate the IMU I tell them I did, they tell me to do that and fly from a new location and I tell them I did, two new sites and also that my Mavic has no issue. Then he says it looks like an internal GPS issue and I need to send it in!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! I have had this just over 5 weeks!! And now I have a $1500 freakin paperweight!!! Sheesh!!! I guess the honeymoon is officially over!!!!!!

Glad I have the Mavic as a backup. I can't wait to see how this plays out!!!

Ouch, I would hate that too!

Out of curiosity, did all your issues coincide with the last firmware update, and are you going to try refreshing it or even downgrading before you send it in?

Don't be a Guinea Pig on my account, but if that is your plan I will definitely be following this post close.

For me, I didn't have the VPS issue until I updated.

Lastly let me just say that I'm sorry your still having issues, but look at the bright side, It is good you can handle flying in ATTI mode. Without that skill you would be in the market for a new drone or someone to tell you where it landed.

No I updated on the 7th when it came out and since then I flew it over 20 times along with the Mavic... and yesterday it was my second flight when it went teats up with the calibrate vision then no GPS.....

No I updated on the 7th when it came out and since then I flew it over 20 times along with the Mavic... and yesterday it was my second flight when it went teats up with the calibrate vision then no GPS.....

Good to know. Best of luck with getting your bird back quickly and fully operational.

Keep us posted.

interesting point - I couldn't run the calibration on my 4K screen - the software didn't get past the three demo screens. It worked perfectly on a smaller screen

So an update....
Sent the P4P in on 3/29, DJI received it 4/4 and got the "be patient will take one day" status on case page. On 4/13 got the "damage accessed" please be patient" message then on 4/14 repair status. Now I had to send off endless messages and got all sorts of DJI chat idiots guessing at what was happening! On 4/12 after sending a chat message I wanted answers I got a call from DJI. Shocked me actually but it went no where after the usual "we are so sorry BS" The guy stated that they moved the repair center over the weekend and my P4P got caught up in that move. Fair enough but it doesn't explain all the wrong answers and the extremely slow response time on their chat, sometimes I would wait a day to get a reply!! Oh an emails, forget about it!! I sent three and never got a reply!!! My P4P was 5 weeks old and this happened. I can't wait to see what they say they find if anything and who knows what I will get back! The screen shot below is the progress line when you look up your case....
Stay tuned for more updates.....

Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 10.50.15 AM.png

So an update....
Sent the P4P in on 3/29, DJI received it 4/4 and got the "be patient will take one day" status on case page. On 4/13 got the "damage accessed" please be patient" message then on 4/14 repair status. Now I had to send off endless messages and got all sorts of DJI chat idiots guessing at what was happening! On 4/12 after sending a chat message I wanted answers I got a call from DJI. Shocked me actually but it went no where after the usual "we are so sorry BS" The guy stated that they moved the repair center over the weekend and my P4P got caught up in that move. Fair enough but it doesn't explain all the wrong answers and the extremely slow response time on their chat, sometimes I would wait a day to get a reply!! Oh an emails, forget about it!! I sent three and never got a reply!!! My P4P was 5 weeks old and this happened. I can't wait to see what they say they find if anything and who knows what I will get back! The screen shot below is the progress line when you look up your case....
Stay tuned for more updates.....

View attachment 80547

Hi did you get anywhere with this. Have exactly the same problem. So annoying. I have been emailing dji and have completed all updates but no joy. I have seen a lot of posts regarding this so you would think this was a known problem. Can you please let me know how you got on thanks.

It took almost 2 months from start to finish but they sent me a new P4P and it wasn't a ding against my Refresh or any charge. They said it was a known issue with the internal GPS.
Worst people in the world to deal with and they have no clue what the word "customer service" means...

Good luck with your adventure with them!

It took almost 2 months from start to finish but they sent me a new P4P and it wasn't a ding against my Refresh or any charge. They said it was a known issue with the internal GPS.
Worst people in the world to deal with and they have no clue what the word "customer service" means...

Good luck with your adventure with them!

Thanks for your quick response. Have sent another email to them so I suppose next step is to send it back. A question on this, do you send the whole thing back in the box or just the drone without a battery? Many thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan