Got the cops called on me this morning!

Got up early this morning to get a little bit of time over South Beach before the rains come, changing a battery and this guy comes up and says I couldn’t fly in public places ( how many of us has heard that before), I told that I could and offered to show him what I was doing, not happening! Told me he has video of me and the cops were on the way! I stayed and waited, cops came and asked me did I have a license and I showed it to them, they’re told me Happy Father’s Day and kept on going!
South Beach ? Miami?

Reactions: copata2d
[Drone pilots are like misunderstood pit bulls. Everyone assumes we're all bad.]

Sorry but I cannot agree with using Pit Bull in this context having witnessed first hand the consequences of a number of PB's as 'family pets' - something they are just not bred or 'designed' for. There is good reason they are restricted ownership in many countries.

Nigel
I grew up with one from 10 - 25, never had a problem. nor my baby sister

That is generally true, but is not always the case. It depends on what the operator is doing. If you as a pilot of a camera UAV intentionally close in and video others without first asking - the video being intentionally invasive - then you are in violation. Some countries take this sort of thing seriously. It has to be remembered that not all people here are in the USA ...

Nigel

You are right, not all people here are in the U.S.A., but judging from our southern border, everyone will be here soon. lol

Gosh that sux,if someone rang the cops on me standing that close,there would be big problem for whoever on the phone,I'm not shy and will confront them,not always the right way BUT stand your ground,look at him standing there like he owns the place,no mercy from me

Reactions: AeroEyez
Got cops called on me while flying.

Best part of the whole video:

Cop; leave him alone..
Mad Guy: I was just..
Cop: Leave him alone!!

LOL PRICELESS!!

Yes actually I did know that ... I was in the UK's Kennel Club when I lived there ... I used to have thoroughbred German Shepherd / Alsatians.
It was common for those 'not in the knowledge' to assume the GS would have more incidents than Lab's. What they did not appreciate was that the Lab would lose its 'cool' quicker than most other breeds. But a Lab will not continue its attack .. it bites and backs off. The GS will warn you and move away.. it will do that a number of times until point that it will bite. Most incidents with GS are actually caused by the person and the GS is defending itself.

But the Pit Bull and similar 'fighting breeds' are only lower on the list because of the very limited number in households. If they were in similar numbers as GS / Labs - i am sure they would be top of the list ... because it will not back off .. it goes for the kill, as so many children have found out when left with one.

Nigel

I do not agree with you at all. In my area for every 10 dog owners 8 have some sort of bully breed be it a pit or bully. These dogs are loyal and great family dogs. The problem is when they are raised and treated wrong. They are only doing what they are taught in many cases, in others no one has take the time to train the dog. I have 2 bullies they are big and very intimidating especially my male who was a rescue he has his ears cropped. You can do whatever you want to my dogs if your part of the pack he sleeps with a 7yr old girl every night and loves to cuddle. He actually will hug her at nite. These dogs are most definitely misunderstood because of ignorance and bad dog owners. Watch pitbulls and parolees on tv look at all the dogs that come from a really shitty life and can still show love and loyalty to people that have done nothing but hurt them. At the end of the day people seem to forget that they are animals not people and owning an animal your always taking a risk no matter the breed and upbringings. Train your dogs and treat them right and you minimize your risk greatly.

"Ranpage" ... I totally agree that upbringing and training has a great deal to do with any animals character and action ...

But please don't try to kid me about natural instinct. I have a dog that has about 50% Doberman and that dog despite training / loving household will not accept outsiders.

I have had friends with Staffies, Rhodesian Rigdebacks, and various other 'hard fighter' breeds. Various breeds such as Pit Bulls ... Staffies ... etc. have been bred for specific duties ... as was the Poodle in fact ... yes the standard Poodle was a Hunting Dog ! The Jack Russel bred to kill Foxes .. Rats ... vermin.

You may think rewriting history is ok ... but it does not change the fact of what was the intended use of such breeds.

Nigel

Ok gang... let's get this thread back ON TOPIC . . . I'm asking nicely.

Reactions: Gary Cooper
I am a very happi P3P pilot, but because of lack of support for my loveli aircraft l am seriousli considerin P4p v2.0. Does anyone know what 10 inch screens are compatible with the controller? l am not interested in the expensive mac's or apples Ipad etc ( the pension doesn't go that far) l have had great results with Huawei media pad 10" on th P3P but l will include that in th sale. I have enjoyed th lock-down here in North Kent most, of th troublesome grokels have not been here to ask stupid questions or make silly remarks about privacy, really? lf th UK goverment had ordered every one to carry an ID Card & a tracking device where ever they went there would have been bloody protests & all kinds of mayhem. lnstead every one has at least one near them, every minute of every day, at their own expense!!! Good to hear about th GS dogs l think they are lovely & if l had four acres of land l would try to own one. Good flying everyone, l enjoy a great long length of North Kent coast, Whitstable to Margate, Brilliant. T

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart