GoPro Black 4 has No camera video with Black Pearl Monitor

Reaction score
Just swapped over to a Hero Black 4 to replace a Hero Black 3 and there is now no video from the camera. The monitor is still showing flight info from the p2 but the rest of the screen is black as if I had a lens cap on. Tried OSD on the Go Pro but that didn't help. Had the GoPro 4 set up as in Philip Bloom, with 2.7k res, medium view, 25p. Is there some incompatibility here or do I have something wrong in the set up. Go Pro 4 video looks fine but not much better than the Hero 3 black.

Re: GoPro Black 4 has No camera video with Black Pearl Monit

The 3D gimbel with the back port does not work with the 4. Only USB cable models work apparently.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

See the H3-3D forum on the main page, there's info on how to mod for H4.

okay thanks...I have the 3D gimbal. Am trying different frame rates to see if one works. Could not find modification link...can you post please...

The only mod I have heard about is to convert those models with the back port connection to the flimsy usb connection.

Check the zenmuse usb output ribbon cable that goes to the gopro. I just had the same problem in the field after driving five hours to film and found a small rip in the ribbon. Luckily dji gives you a spare (because they know it will tear after repeated use) and replacements can be found for $4. Good luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl