Google Maps for drones

Reaction score
I've been tinkering around with the Google Maps Javascript API to create flight area maps . . . an example of what I have so far:

Richard Walton Park Drone Map

Concentric circles are 200' apart, green shaded area is for ATTI flying, orange is 120' min altitude and yellow is GPS only. I am thinking about shooting the heights of trees and structures for elevation data. Any other ideas for things to add?

How do you figure out ATTI and GPS areas?
GPS areas should be green and ATTI red.

Are you going to change the colors of green fields too?

What are you trying to achieve?

The ATTI and GPS areas are just where I tend to limit myself to - it's ultimately arbitrary. I thought it would be handy to put together a compendium of informational maps of places I fly for reference. Maybe someday put together a site with good places I've found to fly in my area.

The ATTI and GPS areas are just where I tend to limit myself to - it's ultimately arbitrary. I thought it would be handy to put together a compendium of informational maps of places I fly for reference. Maybe someday put together a site with good places I've found to fly in my area.
I document my flight areas all the time with Google Maps. The only downside is the viewer must have a Google account to see the map and view my annotations.

Here's an example that I just created, noting all of the wildflowers flights I've made in So. Calif. You can only view it if you have a Google account.

Wildflower Flight Map

I have other maps, documenting tidbits of info like parking suggestions, rangers to watch for, postings about NFZ, etc.

I document my flight areas all the time with Google Maps. The only downside is the viewer must have a Google account to see the map and view my annotations.

Here's an example that I just created, noting all of the wildflowers flights I've made in So. Calif. You can only view it if you have a Google account.

Wildflower Flight Map

I have other maps, documenting tidbits of info like parking suggestions, rangers to watch for, postings about NFZ, etc.

Great, idea, that looks good. Definitely something I will add - maybe some pics too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan