Goodbye - see you over at MavicPilots

Reaction score
Hi folks, not been on here for ages. All the advice I received as a newbie was very much appreciated

Not been out flying for ages, life just simply got in the way.

Anyway sold my Phantom 3A the other night and took delivery of my Mavic Pro today. Just had s 2 minute flight and love it. All batteries on charge and hoping for a good day on Saturday to get a proper try out.

So time to learn from others again over on MavicPilots

That's again folks.

Reactions: sar104
Hope it works out for you but personally, I would not sell a P3A for a mavic pro. It's a downgrade IMO. Enjoy!

Reactions: namnonac
Hope it works out for you but personally, I would not sell a P3A for a mavic pro. It's a downgrade IMO. Enjoy!

I have a P4 and a Mavic, and now mostly fly the Mavic. Aside, possibly, from stability in adverse wind conditions, I mostly prefer it for portability, flight characteristics, ease of use, noise level, Goggles compatibility and some of the intelligent flight features. I prefer the slightly narrower camera field of view on the Mavic but other than that I find the raw images to be virtually indistinguishable in quality - not surprising as they have the same sensor.

Reactions: namnonac

Portability is a big thing for me, my maim interest is photography, with the mavic I can put it in my camera bag and not have to consider how I would carry to backpacks. However each to their own.

Portability is a big thing for me, my maim interest is photography, with the mavic I can put it in my camera bag and not have to consider how I would carry to backpacks. However each to their own.
Agreed, with reservations. But I will say this about the mavic. It has no switchable ATTI mode and that's an issue to me. But it should do you fine.

I've been wondering about this. Is there a noticeable difference in stability with wind? I do like the idea of something that's portable, quick and easy to get off the ground.

The Mavic flies really well in windy conditions, but I've seen several reports that it doesn't capture video quite as well as the Phantoms in high or gusty winds. It's not a problem that I have encountered, but I mostly take stills rather than movies.

Agreed, with reservations. But I will say this about the mavic. It has no switchable ATTI mode and that's an issue to me. But it should do you fine.

The lack of ATTI is the single biggest annoyance for me, especially since it is clearly an arbitrary decision not to allow it. I'm still hoping it appears in a future firmware release.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z