{God is Good, all the time}"follow me" is garbage! (dji is not garbage)

Maybe this hobby isn't for you.
The amount of things you don't understand are able to fill at least 9 pages of posts.
I can tell by your complete lack of self resposibility that you are obviously a younger person raised to be accountable for nothing.
The way you should have approached this situation is to evaluate what YOU might have done wrong including flying anywhere near power lines and operating in a flight mode you clearly dont understand. Then retrieve your log files and include them in your FIRST post for others, that have taken the time to understand the hobby, to evaluate and help you. Instead you chose to rant and rave about DJI and how dare power lines get in your way, up to and including incinuating DJI is somehow responsible for you foolishly sticking your arm into the props (if you're going to be dumb, you better be tough).
I suggest you display your broken Phantom next to your "participation trophies" and move on.

Where's TJ and his garbage truck when we need him?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Romans109
Maybe this hobby isn't for you.
The amount of things you don't understand are able to fill at least 9 pages of posts.
I can tell by your complete lack of self resposibility that you are obviously a younger person raised to be accountable for nothing.
The way you should have approached this situation is to evaluate what YOU might have done wrong including flying anywhere near power lines and operating in a flight mode you clearly dont understand. Then retrieve your log files and include them in your FIRST post for others, that have taken the time to understand the hobby, to evaluate and help you. Instead you chose to rant and rave about DJI and how dare power lines get in your way, up to and including incinuating DJI is somehow responsible for you foolishly sticking your arm into the props (if you're going to be dumb, you better be tough).
I suggest you display your broken Phantom next to your "participation trophies" and move on.
your point is?........

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

From my short time on the forum, I have come to assume user error unless proven otherwise. ;)
you got it! and pity the one that posts that it MIGHT not be pilot error... there are tons of "perfect wanna bees" that will shoot you down and pound you into the ground.
I have never seen a more violent forum with all these snot nosed perfect wanna bees!
Some DO want to help, but most don't and want to trample all over you without any regard to anything OTHER than "pilot error".
A little help goes a long way!
Just remember, perfect ones, YOU were a dumb *** at one time too!

Reactions: TheLightSpeedz
Hey Romans, sorry to hear about your bird.
I have no reason to not believe you as to what happened, as you said we weren't there.
However, by switching to F mode on the ground, as you have stated, introduces an unknown situation.
The procedure for DJIGO, Vertical, Autopilot and Litchi apps all state that for "follow me" you need to have the bird above 15 feet then switch to F mode and engage.
I don't think they would all state that if there were no issues from engaging in F mode from the ground.
Just an observation.
I would have thought that even IF you switched to F mode and IF you were NOT at 15 feet, the bird would know this and NOT initiate follow me UNTIL >15 feet.
Glad I have been reading this hostile thread WITH some GOOD advice and information.

im working on it, ive never had to do this "file" deal so im trying to figure out how to get this on here for those who keep requesting it, jeez its like im on trial here and maybe only 25% of the people on this thread are actually trying to help or are concerned the rest are just trollin. so i'll just keep scrolling right on past those comments and replies

Yes I am getting TIRED of all the trolls that are continuing to bash you! I feel for you! If I could help, I would, but right now I can't. I am learning though from what your experience has been, and the HELPFUL people's suggestions.
Just keep ignoring the bashers... they have an inferiority complex that they need to feed.

Did this a few weeks ago.
Just a scratch. Cut a few tendons....and the sheath...interesting watching tendons try to move when they're cut
A few stiches and Im almost like new again now. :p
Romans mentioned what props can do to you. They could do something like this....be careful.
20160220_HandInjury_zps5amprbqk.jpg
YEEEOI! That is nasty! Nothing like trying to catch a food processor, huh!
Hope it heals fast!

Reactions: JKDSensei
By the way, Follow Me won't engage if you are below the minimum height.
THAT IS WHAT I THOUGHT!!!!! So the trashers saying he shouldn't have been in F mode with follow me are blowing smoke?

I'm very sorry for you , I hope after a bit your arm will be better and hopefully so will your copter , does your copter has a shut off button that might make it a little easier for you . Probably dji will help you figure out how it happened ,hopefully it will help it from happening again to or anyone else hopefully you will start feeling better soon

I think dji should make a follow me watch (you can buy as an accessory) rather than using the controller anyway, who's going to go snowboarding with a controller and iPad strapped around their neck? Not me.

I'm very sorry for you , I hope after a bit your arm will be better and hopefully so will your copter , does your copter has a shut off button that might make it a little easier for you . Probably dji will help you figure out how it happened ,hopefully it will help it from happening again to or anyone else hopefully you will start feeling better soon
thanks but my arm isn't that bad, the first day it was cut up and swollen but im more worried bout my drone lol

I think dji should make a follow me watch (you can buy as an accessory) rather than using the controller anyway, who's going to go snowboarding with a controller and iPad strapped around their neck? Not me.

that's what the dji p4 is for but haven't been hearing a lot of good about the p4 lately

that's what the dji p4 is for but haven't been hearing a lot of good about the p4 lately

Your saying they have a watch already?

i was in "p" mode then landed and then switched to "f" mode then the copter started raise right into a power line it then flipped upside down full throttle into the ground, after i could not shut down the motors via the rc i had to grab it and pull the battery to kill it while doing so it had so much thrust as if it was on steroids it almost flew out of my hand that's how my arm got chewed up... what do you want from me? read the post.

Nobody but the OP started the "trash talk", if you don't believe it, just read the thread's title.

We are just calling out his B'S.

He was in P mode. Landed. He switched to F mode. As designed, the P3 did what it was told to do. Go up and follow the OP. His P3 met a utility pole because the OP mistakenly switched to F mode at an unsafe altitude.

On top of that, due to ignorance the OP managed to hurt himself trying to improperly shut off the motors.

He then proceeds to write a thread hoping to re-route the blame to DJI and calling F Mode "garbage".

Several people here tried to help out and figure out the exact cause only to find excuses as to why he couldn't get the DAT file.

Reactions: peterepeat69
Actually, follow me mode won't engage until you are at a certain altitude. You can set the mode, but as you ascend, there is an altitude reading that stays red until you are at the minimum height. It would be crazy for follow mode to engage from the ground, and the software protects the craft from doing just that!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164