GL300F - Trying to Bind/Link with Phantom 4 Standard

Reaction score
I have read so much about this problem I am having and feel like I have tried everything. I have a Phantom 4 Standard in white, fly's great with original controller, I wanted black but figured I could paint it one day. I came across a guy selling a Black GL300F so I purchased it after reading that it should bind to my P4 standard. I have messed with this things for days and can't seem to get it to bind for very long. I went into advanced settings and changed to Phantom 4 like I had read before in another post, then tried to link the p4 up. When I try to link the GL300F I get a green light and a picture from the camera on my phone for maybe 2 seconds then it shows aircraft disconnected in the app and the controller app goes red, I even got something about weak signal for a couple of seconds. I was wondering what am I doing wrong?
Thanks

Its clearly connecting to start with. Maybe there's some external signal interference from another device close by. Try moving everything somewhere else and try??

I will try that, last night when I tried and it did what I explained I grabbed the original controller and it linked with no problem, started the motors to make sure.

I have read so much about this problem I am having and feel like I have tried everything. I have a Phantom 4 Standard in white, fly's great with original controller, I wanted black but figured I could paint it one day. I came across a guy selling a Black GL300F so I purchased it after reading that it should bind to my P4 standard. I have messed with this things for days and can't seem to get it to bind for very long. I went into advanced settings and changed to Phantom 4 like I had read before in another post, then tried to link the p4 up. When I try to link the GL300F I get a green light and a picture from the camera on my phone for maybe 2 seconds then it shows aircraft disconnected in the app and the controller app goes red, I even got something about weak signal for a couple of seconds. I was wondering what am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Sounds bit like remote might not be compatible especially if original link up straight away,,,

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont own a p4 so im not familiar with them but im sure i read at least one of the models can switch between 2.4 and 5.8ghz automatically. Could the gl300f be trying to do that when the p4s cant? And if thats the case can that auto switching be turned off?

Sounds bit like remote might not be compatible especially if original link up straight away

I was afraid of that but did see this post that said it was compatible, and I did try the advanced settings, change to Phantoms 4, the link. Was hoping someone on here was able to do it and would respond.
1540497866196.png

Yes some post I was just reading got me confused,but yes that how it done in settings so you must be doing it right,,have you tryed clicking on any other craft and tryed relinking,mayby a manual link is needed without the app,
Screenshot_20181017-182315.jpg

I dont own a p4 so im not familiar with them but im sure i read at least one of the models can switch between 2.4 and 5.8ghz automatically. Could the gl300f be trying to do that when the p4s cant? And if thats the case can that auto switching be turned off?

I don't know much about the frequency, but I did look in "Image Transmission Settings" and under "Channel Mode" it's "Auto or Custom". I thought there would be a 5.8 and 2.4 choice but I don't see that.

I don't know much about the frequency, but I did look in "Image Transmission Settings" and under "Channel Mode" it's "Auto or Custom". I thought there would be a 5.8 and 2.4 choice but I don't see that.
Phantom 4 only uses 2.4 for lightbridge, no 5.8,,auto &custom ,,,auto finds normally best channel but custom allows you to find a steady clear channel in transmission settings,,,,,have to log out but tune in soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3rdof5
Are both your RC running the same FW version?

Good question, will this work to find out? Since I can't link the GL300F can I link the original one, run the dji go 4 app , go into the about to see the Phantom 4 firmware version, and then take the GL300F and run the Dji Go 4 app to see the firmware on the controller? Then I can post what version I have on both.

Good question, will this work to find out? Since I can't link the GL300F can I link the original one, run the dji go 4 app , go into the about to see the Phantom 4 firmware version, and then take the GL300F and run the Dji Go 4 app to see the firmware on the controller? Then I can post what version I have on both.
Yes can do that,,if not linked with sec remote the RC version might not show,,,with remote that won't link you can turn on and with the app on homepage click on three black lines top right of screen it might bring up which remote firmware it's got but like I metion it might not because not linked,but worth a look

The gl300f should still show its version even if the AC is off. Both of the remotes should. The AC version isnt really important as we know the old remote works. So the goal is to make sure both remotes have the same FW version

As a test i checked to see if dj go would tell me my RC Fw version without the AC on and it does on P3P gl300C

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT