GL300F: A Very Faint Beep from Deep Inside?

Reaction score
I have a GL300F that is spare because the P4P it was paired with crashed and disappeared into 30 of murky water earlier this summer. I recently went to pair it with a Phantom 4 whose remote isn't charging properly and did so successfully. However, a few days later the remote battery was totally discharged even though at the time of pairing it was fully charged. I charged the 300F again and when I went to use it about a week later, it was discharged again. Oddly, after charging it yesterday, I detected a very faint periodic beep coming from inside the controller. Whatever that is, I'm thinking that something is still active inside the controller and that is why it isn't keeping a charge.

So here's my question: what is the beep and is there anyone else who has had a similar experience? I suspect that I introduced this issue when I repaired the remote with the P4 but I haven't really had a way to test this theory. Instead, I was hoping some expert on this forum might be able to help.

Thanks.

Scott Shephard

You can’t use the P4 remote for the P4P, I expect the reverse is also true!
eBay has used GL300c’s available.

I have a GL300F that is spare because the P4P it was paired with crashed and disappeared into 30 of murky water earlier this summer. I recently went to pair it with a Phantom 4 whose remote isn't charging properly and did so successfully. However, a few days later the remote battery was totally discharged even though at the time of pairing it was fully charged. I charged the 300F again and when I went to use it about a week later, it was discharged again. Oddly, after charging it yesterday, I detected a very faint periodic beep coming from inside the controller. Whatever that is, I'm thinking that something is still active inside the controller and that is why it isn't keeping a charge.

So here's my question: what is the beep and is there anyone else who has had a similar experience? I suspect that I introduced this issue when I repaired the remote with the P4 but I haven't really had a way to test this theory. Instead, I was hoping some expert on this forum might be able to help.

Thanks.

Scott Shephard
I have detected the same faint beep inside the remote GL300E. I was disappointed your query was not answered... so bump... anybody?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT