Gimbal Yaw Tuning in DJI GO 4 ver 4.1.4

Reaction score
This new yaw tuning function is certainly a welcome addition if it worked. On my P4P it does nothing except jiggle the gimbal a little and the number in the center of the tuning screen does not change. Anyone else having this issue?

This new yaw tuning function is certainly a welcome addition if it worked. On my P4P it does nothing except jiggle the gimbal a little and the number in the center of the tuning screen does not change. Anyone else having this issue?
Where is the yaw gimbal tuning ? I have I2 and can't see it anywhere...

Where is the yaw gimbal tuning ? I have I2 and can't see it anywhere...
You need to be connected to aircraft. It is then in RC setup next to auto calibrate. You must be in version 4.1.4 of DJI GO 4. I think this version is only for IOS systems at this time.

My P4

My P4P behaves the same except I don't even see any jiggle. Connected to the AC and tried adjusting the settings on the ground props off, on the ground motors started, and hovering.

Actually, okay, I take it back. It DOES work. But 1) it is very slow to respond to the changes, 2) the changes seem to be extremely small steps, and 3) there is no change to the on screen numbers to indicate that there is a change or to track the changes you've made.

It's so subtle that I just didn't notice it the first five times I tried it! There is an audible "click"when you make the change. But that's the only indication. Fwiw I also changed it into FPV mode after the first go around when it wasn't working thinking maybe that would do it, but I don't think thy had anything o do with it. But like 20-25 clicks and I can hardly see it change if looking at the gimbal a on the screen I can see it moving tho. A good 40-45 taps and I can visually notice it moved.

Remains to be seen if it helps. Mine is straight at launch but during flight it can get pretty off kilter, and it drags a lot too. I'd really like to be able to straight up lock gimbal yaw or set it to prioritize fast movement to settle quickly at the expense of smooth movement. For photography I don't. Red smooth moves I want fast stabilized framing. Synchronized Gimbal Pan follow seems to have no noticeable effect on this for my P4P.

Based on both our experiences, it obviously needs more work.

Based on both our experiences, it obviously needs more work.

No doubt. My first response was about to be making it easier and faster to access so if we're mid flight we can fix the inevitable gimbal yaw (and tilt).

But then i thought, wouldn't it be better to just fix the gimbal issues to prevent it in the first place? :)

Reactions: Richard Walker
Version 4.1.5 is now out and partially functional. It now does adjust the camera Yaw. The numeric indicator does not work. It remains at zero no matter how much yaw you dial in. At least the camera Yaw adjustment now functions. This is on my P4P.

I'm not sure if this is the same issue as yours but the problem I've been getting is the gimbal periodically will wiggle to the left every so often and all I see is the landing strut. It happens at least one or two times during my flight. I have a phantom 3 standard

Not the issue I had. My gimbal was always pointing slightly to the left. I was able to correct it using a manual process but was kind of sketchy in its results. This new function now allows the yaw to be adjusted electronically

My P4P will not complete an Auto Gimble Calibration in Advanced Camera settings. It gets to 50% and stops. My P3P does not do that. I read on this forum that was a good thing to do before each flight. I have also noticed my camera angle after powering up is pointing about 3 -5 degrees to the left of center on the P4P.

Seem to be working on my p4p, gimball was always a bit on the left, Whit the New yaw adjustment fonction, can't Waite to see of its going to last, the values dont change but it work.

Sorry for my english, i am french

Reactions: Richard Walker
Matter of fact, I flew today and did the adjustment as suggested and good news. Gamble is straighter than you could ask for. It went through the whole download as it should. I shot some great sunset video this evening. Thanks for reply and smooth flying... ‍✈️

Seeing the same regarding numbers not changing but function working.. It has been reported

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart