Gimbal broken, no signal on phone

Reaction score
Recently I had a crash with my P3S and got broken flat cable and yaw arm. I unmounted the gimbal and tried the quad, its flying well. Now ordered parts from China, mounted them but still no luck to get working my camera. I have no connection between the camera and my phone. The RC power light is red instead of green, and I dont get any info for the drone of my phone. Should I get info like battery status etc on my phone without gimbal working or unmounted or not?
Here is some video of whats doing the drone with this flat cable which I assume is not original as said from the chinese guy and the packaging I receive it as OEM.

Also I am not able to re-bind the quad with RC.
Here is video:

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the crash. I had a similar experience, broken yaw arm and sheared ribbon. It took about 5 hours to replace the parts, but I am flying again.

When the gimbal was disconnected, I was able to fly - but no status was relayed to phone. Safe to fly - GPS Mode stayed green the entire time.

Did the ribbon cable come in DJI packaging? I would check all of the connections (ribbon cable, gimbal main connector and the tiny antenna connections.

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the crash. I had a similar experience, broken yaw arm and sheared ribbon. It took about 5 hours to replace the parts, but I am flying again.

When the gimbal was disconnected, I was able to fly - but no status was relayed to phone. Safe to fly - GPS Mode stayed green the entire time.

Did the ribbon cable come in DJI packaging? I would check all of the connections (ribbon cable, gimbal main connector and the tiny antenna connections.

Yes, the cable came in original DJI package. I am able to fly the drone but have no info on the phone. Checked all connection few times, now I tried to downgrade the firmware, starts flashing red/green and after 5 mins goes red which I guess is fail.

Yes, the cable came in original DJI package. I am able to fly the drone but have no info on the phone. Checked all connection few times, now I tried to downgrade the firmware, starts flashing red/green and after 5 mins goes red which I guess is fail.

Firmware is not your issue. The gimbal controls the video and data sent to your RC through WiFi. Without a working gimbal, you get not details.

Also you can check your SD card for a text file about the FW upgrade that you tried. It will tell you what happened.

Are the black and grey cable leading from your gimbal to the Phantoms body ok? Those two cables lead to two 2.4ghz patch antennas. They transmit telemetry and picture to your phone. If those cables are broken, you won't be able to connect to the camera.

I broke my grey cable recently in a crash and although I can receive image, I have no telemetry. If the gimbal has power and you can't connect chances are you need to replace one or both of your patch antennas.

Going to be making a YouTube how to video once I receive them.

I just watched the 1st video you posted. Ignore my comment for now and get yourself a new ribbon.

I have the same problem with my P3S and now P3P.
the gimbal goes limp right after start up and no image on phone

bugger. I just ordered a new gimbal arm from china with the ribbon cable as a kit. that means im gonna have the same problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl