FW UPDATING DILEMMA

Reaction score
So I am still running DJI Pilot App 1.1.0 on a Samsung Tab 4 and the firmware on the bird/rc/batts is 1.1.9

I have not had any problems except for the rare pilot app crash. Which only occurs usually near the end of multiple flights.

So the question is this.....Should I leave well enough alone or has DJI fixed the FW problem and it is safe for me to update the bird/rc/batts?

Leave it alone. There is nothing worth changing for yet. Until they add some feature you can't fly without, fly what you have and keep autoupdates turned off on your tablet.

I enabled WiFi last night and DJi updated my DJi Pilot 1.2.0 to DJI Go automatically.

Generally speaking, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I am going to update mine though to hopefully resolve my horrible FPV lag. Also, if you do have problems, the latest update allows you to downgrade to 1.1.9 again.

I had the same as you have, but went ahead -- but only to the 1.2.0 Pilot App (no reason to do GO at this point) and now the 1.3.20 firmware.

Originally mine had the infamous tilting horizon issue as well as the yaw-tilt-recovery issue and these are now gone, and have not reappeared. Now, I MUST say I have no idea what "fixed" these issues - could be firmware, OR the fact I did EVERYTHING in ONE SPOT at ONE TIME (including the IMU and Gimbal things) - on the dining room table, WITHOUT MOVEMENT AND facing North. For me, everything is still running slick as can be. Note too, I've never had any sort of crashing, lagging, signal loss issue...and still do not. Lucky maybe.

That said, I would advise not doing anything if you have no issues.

Good luck
Phil

• Phantom 3 Advanced
• 300A Controller
• Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 (Android 4.4.2) with WiFi and GPS only; no video caching, low bitrate, custom channel, airplane mode
• Pilot App 1.2.0 (at the moment, because it works fine)
• Firmware 1.3.20

PS: It is an unfortunate word choice in the App when it says update "required" I think they meant "recommended"

Last edited:
Reactions: rigor
The latest update for the Android app is 2.0.1...you mite want to update to the newest one they may have fixed a bug. It was a same day update, someone found something I bet and they fixed it right away...what it was is anyone's guess.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl