Fun while it lasted

I once got my Mavic stuck 90ft up in a tree (we have very tall trees here) and I googled tree service companies in my area, got quotes from $100 to $650, finally settled on one for $250 as he was willing to come out right away.. he came out with all his climbing gear and in about 15min, I had my Mavic back in hand

I'm in the UK and trying to find insurance, proving difficult, looks like insurers foresee too many claims from idiots crashing their drones into trees!!!

There's not many cheap insurance options for drones here in the UK

Model Insurance - Highworth Insurance

Can you add it onto your house insurance or do they not cover you?

The alternative is talking to someone like Coverdrone but they are aimed more at commercial flyers.

You could ask at your local flying club to see if they have negotiated any special deals with local insurers

Reactions: Smiffy62
Home insurance will not cover it, spoke to BMFA (incidentally one of my customers) they offer Third Party Liability cover but not equipment cover and cannot recommend anyone. I'll look at the link you supplied, thanks.

Home insurance will not cover it, spoke to BMFA (incidentally one of my customers) they offer Third Party Liability cover but not equipment cover and cannot recommend anyone. I'll look at the link you supplied, thanks.

I know the BMFA's insurance won't cover it which is why I said ask about at your local club - there's bound to be somebody that will know a local broker.

My cover is with Coverdrone but it's for commercial work and at £400 a year is not really worth it for hobby fliers

Next time put it above the trees before you hand over the controls.
I first read your post, I thought you said.

"Next time pull out the trees before you hand over the controls." :)

Rod

Big tree? I'd be climbing it... and I'm 50.

Neither your HO carrier or DJI will be able to help. You did not lose the drone. You know exactly where it is. I understand that you don't want to get it but that is not covered by insurance or DJI.

I don't know about other countries but mine is covered by my home contents insurance here in Australia.
I rang them to check when I bought it.

I don't know about other countries but mine is covered by my home contents insurance here in Australia.
I rang them to check when I bought it.

It's covered... for certain perils. Getting it stuck in a tree is not one of them (it should not be). A Personal Article Floater may cover this. It's still questionable.

Either a tree climber or see if a guy with a bucket truck would get it for you. I would keep trying. The right guy will do it for free. Or $50 gas money.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72