Full speed then a tree comes from nowhere

Martcerv, you will be happy with the new tx, I look forward to see what sort of distances you can get with it. I've taken mine to about 1.2 km but it is very difficult in the city to fly further than that without flying over peoples houses.

I think it should easily handle all I need, I have pushed a bit too hard on the toy dji radio :D The 8fgs will let me fly the same not likely going much past 1km but for a little golf course flyover project it should let me pretty much fly the entire course in one flight I think. Will need about 1.2km range from the clubhouse to cover the full course. Here is a basic test flight I did with stock radio and deliberatly behind some trees to 700m, a couple sketchy radio glitches that are very similar to how my crash happened so I wouldn't recommend this kind of flying at the limit of range unless your certified crash test dummy or just an idiot like me. :mrgreen:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBKTYLcctZ4[/youtube]

Im pretty lucky as close to where I live there is lots of open land, I could easily fly a few km for a range test but I think 1.5km is about where I will set my own limits with the phantom.

Never stop pushing the limits :p You will get footage you never thought you could and crashes are entertaining for others. Next step for me is learning how to fly in manual mode after seeing your vids. The only problem is the weather here has been unusually bad for a long period of time so to amuse myself I built an FPV monster truck with dash mount for the GP black and upgraded the receiver to 2.4ghz. Brushless motor is next should get between 100 - 130 km depending on how I tune it. Cool vid by the way, it is difficult to comprehend that the stock tx has that sort of range.

Its pretty surprising seeing how tiny the rx is and how little power the radio uses, plus I accidently trimmed a little off the antenna after my first paint job. I think I lost about 200m range as I got it to 1km flying los quite a while back. With the new radio I guess my video link will be my limiting factor but its always possible to get better long range antennas. :mrgreen:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl