FPV not available at all. Am I alone?

I tried this. Deleted the app from my phone and from itunes and took the older version from my trash bin on my desktop and put it back in itunes, re-synced and got it on my iphone. Still didnt work. From what I have read the firmware updates dont work well with the old app.

This really sucks how can they not address this. Everyone please complain and comment on facebook as much as possible.

I went back to 1.0.39 and all I get is the error saying "Unfortunately, the DJI VISION app has stopped." What 's that all about?

reynoldsyoung said:
I went back to 1.0.39 and all I get is the error saying "Unfortunately, the DJI VISION app has stopped." What 's that all about?

Thats probably about you having a bad installation. Try getting the apk again, installing again. Or just uninstall and reinstall. Or try another device if available. Troubleshoot it some.

ok reverting the app does not seem to be the answer. I think there are enough of us it is a software glitch and they will fix it. Strength in numbers. I am getting buttery smooth videos. I think they will fix it soon. We all know how to kill the market on the internet.I don't think we are there yet
will

I just tried v39 on a New Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus running CM. Same as reynoldsyoung, as soon as I tap "Camera", app crashes out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I just tried v39 on a rooted very old HTC Desire hacked to Ice Cream Sandwich. It doesn't crash but I get a black screen, not a single image from the feed. All other functions work.

I became convinced mine was a hardware problem after trying two iOS and one Android device.....all with the same black screen. I asked DJI sales for a refund and they stepped up and I received the refund today. I appreciate their support.

I was able to speak with technical support in LA. Lara was very helpful and seemed as knowledgeable. She acknowledged the engineers in HK were aware of the problem. It was, indeed, an issue with the apps and they were working hard to resolve it. So, if she is correct, help is on the way.

Just in case anyone is wondering........ the wifi booster app did not help this issue.
A friend in software says it takes approx. 2 weeks to go through the apple approval process, sometimes a bit less for just an update. That's assuming they have found the problem and written the code already.
Patiently waiting, and waiting, and waiting, etc

I was showing the phantom to a friend at his beach house yesterday and the FPV feed was completely black at startup. All other data, height, distance etc was visible, just no picture. This was the first time i have had any issues. Tried various reboots, different phone, iPad, but no fix. After obtaining sat's, i flew anyway, just without FPV. Not quite the same without the birds view.

My first thought was that the last two days of heat in my car may have hosed something. Started reading this thread to get some common thoughts, put it aside for the day.

Tonight i closed all apps down on the iPad, turned cell off, and wifi off, and did a hard reset on the Ipad. The FPV worked, with a message to calibrate compass. Seems good to go. Only other variable to mention, the battery on the iPad was fully charged, but was not yesterday.

Well on Android there is no delay in app release and an update is nowhere to be found. Not very hopeful. Also, for me I've never seen a single frame of FPV ever since I got the phantom. I've tried several devices, of which must have been reset several times. Again, not very hopeful :-\

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Spoke with DJI Tech Support today and they offered the following solutions while they are tracking the issue.
Support said that people need to call in with the issue and you will be added to a list of those who will be notified when an update is released and also assigned a ticket number to show the amount of affected users to put additional emphasis on the issue.

He explained it is a high volume of data being transmitted and the app is being overloaded with the video feed resorting in FPV being cut off.

1. Try using the iphone in airplane mode with wifi on (connected to phantom)
2. On an android OS try version 1.0.37 as all others are known to be affected.
3. last resort try iOS version 1.0.32 as it is known to work until a update is released.

The solutions haven't worked for me.

Does anyone know how to download iOS version 1.0.32? I do not know how.

Best of luck.

Twice I have had my video feed from the Vision+ 'frozen' and in black and white both times if I recall correctly.

I restarted the Phantom. I restarted the Range Extender. I restarted the iphone app. I disconnected and reconnected to the range extender Wifi. None of this changed anything. The only thing that fixed it was turning the iPhone off (completely powering it down) and restarting it. This fixed it both times.

oulette said:
I've gotten my phantom last week and I've been unable to get any kind of FPV feed on the app. I've seen a lot of complaints about FPV stuttering or being of poor quality (in these forums and other places), but I'm not getting a single frame of FPV on the app. Black screen all around. All other functions of the app work as expected (gimbal control, photo, camera). I've tried a Galaxy Nexus (running 4.4.2 CyanogenMod), a New Nexus 7 running stock Android and an iPod touch running iOS 6. All three devices exhibit the exact same behaviour (black screen, the rest works as expected).

DJI gave me a bunch of things to try (mostly uninstall/reinstall the app). None of that worked. They said it was possible that a new app version was required. Could that really be it considering most of you guys seem to have completely different issues? What do you guys think?

BTW here's a link to a montage of my first two flights. For the curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypThNXg0iKg

I have an Android device, Samsung Galaxy S4. In DJI app under settings, my default "Preview Quality" was set to 640x480 30fps, I simply selected 640x480 15fps and my problems have cleared up with the exception of when I first launch app, I may get a little lag or green, but if I simply wait 10-20 seconds it clears up and never returns during my flying session.

I am still in the blank screen mode and have been for a month and a half. No communication from DJI despite tweets, calls and emails. The last contact told me it would require a new app which their engineers were working on. ???? Very frustrating.

I email this morning requesting a replacement or refund. No response.

reynoldsyoung said:
I am still in the blank screen mode and have been for a month and a half. No communication from DJI despite tweets, calls and emails. The last contact told me it would require a new app which their engineers were working on. ???? Very frustrating.

You are using an iPhone, correct? Do you know someone with an Android phone who would allow you to test the Vision+ app on their device? If it works, you could pick yourself up a second hand Android phone just to use with your Vision. Not the ultimate solution, but at least it might get you FPV. Crikes I know it must suck without having FPV! :evil:

Dirty Bird said:
reynoldsyoung said:

You are using an iPhone, correct? Do you know someone with an Android phone who would allow you to test the Vision+ app on their device? If it works, you could pick yourself up a second hand Android phone just to use with your Vision. Not the ultimate solution, but at least it might get you FPV. Crikes I know it must suck without having FPV! :evil:

Don't know if this is of any relevance but I am using an iPad Mini (Retina) and never had any issue with this. can it be a problem with memory available for the app?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl