FPV Glasses?

Decided to go for some homido VR goggles, as they get great reviews and have a good FOV of 100 degrees, to use with a mobile device such as my mobile phone. I'm hoping to use the litchi android app once it is released for the P3. I didn't want to spend a small fortune on fpv goggles so will be happy to give this a try.

You need to check these out http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/which-fpv-glasses.42055/page-3#post-395721 I have a new version coming out that is specifically designed for the P3 (with hdmi board) and the Inspire, These are by far the best on the market. here is some info I just wrote to a private conversation.

I designed the original system to connect wirelessly to the pad or phone that was being used with the phantom, The original system was designed for the phantom 2 vision series, that had to connect wirelessy in most cases, due to the lack of video out on most devices.

The original system worked well, and was about the only alternative, that had the best connectivity to the largest number of devices, It of course had its limitations. The original system still worked with the phantom 3, and the Inspire, I have been waiting though for the hdmi out board to become available, for the P3, before releasing my latest version.

I have been testing with the inspire the last couple of weeks, as soon as my new shipment comes in I will be releasing the new version, I have been working with the factory in china, for a version designed specifically for the P3 (with Hdmi board) and Inspire. The picture is much better in the new version With redesigned circuitry and direct hdmi it is light years ahead of the old version with the P2.

There is no lag and the picture is very good , compared to other glasses these are hands down the best option. They are very thin and light weight , you can see above them and below them maintaining visual sight of the craft at all times , being able to see the pad and the picture in the glasses also, adds a perspective that other glasses cant.

The new version does not have a power supply, they draw their power from the hdmi out on the remote, plug them in and turn on the remote that is it. The screen format is 16x9 unlike other more expensive glasses and goggles, that have the 4x3 screen format. The glasses provide you with the illusion of a 98 in. screen at about 15 ft. based on 32 degree FOV. There is no vertigo affect . I will post more with a demo and some pictures.

Reactions: Sandstorm76
You need to check these out http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/which-fpv-glasses.42055/page-3#post-395721 I have a new version coming out that is specifically designed for the P3 (with hdmi board) and the Inspire, These are by far the best on the market. here is some info I just wrote to a private conversation.

I designed the original system to connect wirelessly to the pad or phone that was being used with the phantom, The original system was designed for the phantom 2 vision series, that had to connect wirelessy in most cases, due to the lack of video out on most devices.

The original system worked well, and was about the only alternative, that had the best connectivity to the largest number of devices, It of course had its limitations. The original system still worked with the phantom 3, and the Inspire, I have been waiting though for the hdmi out board to become available, for the P3, before releasing my latest version.

I have been testing with the inspire the last couple of weeks, as soon as my new shipment comes in I will be releasing the new version, I have been working with the factory in china, for a version designed specifically for the P3 (with Hdmi board) and Inspire. The picture is much better in the new version With redesigned circuitry and direct hdmi it is light years ahead of the old version with the P2.

There is no lag and the picture is very good , compared to other glasses these are hands down the best option. They are very thin and light weight , you can see above them and below them maintaining visual sight of the craft at all times , being able to see the pad and the picture in the glasses also, adds a perspective that other glasses cant.

The new version does not have a power supply, they draw their power from the hdmi out on the remote, plug them in and turn on the remote that is it. The screen format is 16x9 unlike other more expensive glasses and goggles, that have the 4x3 screen format. The glasses provide you with the illusion of a 98 in. screen at about 15 ft. based on 32 degree FOV. There is no vertigo affect . I will post more with a demo and some pictures.
Please send me a link to the sales ad for the exact goggles. You can PM it, if you prefer. Thanks

Hi Sandstorm76
The glasses will be listed on ebay in about a week or two at most, still testing, and waiting on re designed board everything should be here this week, This will be the " alien sunglasses" version for the p3 and inspire, search for fpv video glasses Inspire phantom 3, should get it, give them about a week or so. direct hdmi connected 2.jpg direct hdmi disconnected.jpg
direct hdmi disconnected.jpg
direct hdmi connected 2.jpg
direct hdmi connected 2.jpg

When I started flying FPV I tried to do so with "budget" goggles.

After about 3 months I sold my goggles and purchased a set of FS Dominator V2's. The difference was dramatic in both color density, clarity anf FOV. More expensive yes, but very much worth it. I see this scenerio playing out all the time with new FPV flyers...buy cheap = buying twice.

:harry

"Buy cheap=buying twice"
I learned that lesson.

I used the Quanum DIY goggles V2 for the first time this weekend. I was underwhelmed.
The low resolution Vision Plus FPV video plus the cheap low quality Fresnel lens of the goggles made for a very splotchy and fuzzy view.
There's a small chance that the HDMI-to-composite video converter that was required for use with the iPhone introduced artifacts but I think that is unlikely. Also, most folks over 40 years old will need to wear reading glasses in addition to the included Fresnel lens.

Headplay goggles are probably out of the range of the OP's stated budget but they aren't as expensive as many of the popular goggles (yes, they are huge). The Headplay HD resolution is overkill for the crappy Vision Plus FPV resolution but it surely will look better than that of the Quanum goggles. Besides, I can use the Headplays for my future Phantom 4 (or other quad upgrade with respectable FPV resolution).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures