FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

dci said:
PVFlyer said:
Test2 (start from 3:30): I pulled back P2V and ran the DCI disassembled scripts in the air. I flew again along the same path. It reached 190m and showed Phantom Connection Broken.
You've only applied repeater-side script in the video.
I believe it's pretty clear from my post you've quoted that phantom-side binary (now called 'fpvmonitor') is also used in the V booster to set phantom-side PHY to 20dBm (#1 and #2 in the list).
It's expectable you've seen no result as you haven't done anything with the phantom itself.
Have you missed this part unintentionally or by purpose?
Most of experienced P2V pilots know well both stock aircraft-end and repeater-end are already 20dBm. As I recalled someone even measured them and confirmed these by a 2.4G power meter back to early this year in P2V forum. I don't think you have any chance to boost FPV range by setting 20dBm at aircraft-end. Anyway, I plan to test it again in the next few days to prove it again.

PVFlyer said:
dci said:
PVFlyer said:
Test2 (start from 3:30): I pulled back P2V and ran the DCI disassembled scripts in the air. I flew again along the same path. It reached 190m and showed Phantom Connection Broken.
You've only applied repeater-side script in the video.
I believe it's pretty clear from my post you've quoted that phantom-side binary (now called 'fpvmonitor') is also used in the V booster to set phantom-side PHY to 20dBm (#1 and #2 in the list).
It's expectable you've seen no result as you haven't done anything with the phantom itself.
Have you missed this part unintentionally or by purpose?
Most of experienced P2V pilots know well both stock aircraft-end and repeater-end are already 20dBm. As I recalled someone even measured them and confirmed these by a 2.4G power meter back to early this year in P2V forum. I don't think you have any chance to boost FPV range by setting 20dBm at aircraft-end. Anyway, I plan to test it again in the next few days to prove it again.

PVFlyer...you once again "forgot" to answer the two questions we're all waiting for you to
answer...is there any 'advanced algorithms' in your app and what is the difference between version 1 and 2 of your app...?

You would fit well in a government with these evasive answers.

simply.... PVFlyer, If you answered a question directly from the outset then maybe the trust you had would still be there.. I'm still prepared to trust you... if you can tell me whats the major difference between version 1 and 2??

PVFlyer said:
Anyway, I plan to test it again in the next few days to prove it again.
I was out of the city last weekend and had a chance to fly with long line-of-sight conditions, so I've bought FPV Booster again to record this video.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flLiLxVWCLA[/youtube]
Last telemetry reading with default settings + 5dBm in LuCI -- 735.9m.
Last telemetry reading with two-liner automation from this post -- 1030.9m, restored at 969.7m.
Last telemetry reading with FPV Booster for Vision+ Version 2.1 -- 981.7m, restored at 968.2m.

PVFlyer said:
I think the source of accusation is from the disassembled codes. Thus, I prefer to sort this out first instead of dragging to other matters. For those who don't trust, there is no point to ask questions for untrusted answers that you are not going to trust anyway.

PVFlyer, so you feel some of your customers "ask questions for untrusted answers"? I have a simple solution.....answer the straightforward questions that have been repeatedly asked, and if you answers are understandable and honest, you will earn back the trust of those customers. Otherwise, your veracity and honesty is in doubt. Simple, n'est ce pas?

Any update on this, FPVFlyer?

I guess you should be healthy now and your coworker is back from his holidays, or isn't he?

un hombre said:
Any update on this, FPVFlyer?

I guess you should be healthy now and your coworker is back from his holidays, or isn't he?

they have to come up with a story now try to talk themselves out of the lies he told us

I believe the best answer is the fact they are now marketing booster for vision (non-plus) without mentioning anything they told during development.
All the native libraries, algorithms, custom protocols, not-boosting-txpower, not-using-ssh and stuff turned to be just some wifi tweaks.
Quite modest.

btw, if anyone has v1 for vision+ installed and wants to share it with me for purely scientific purposes (I want to find out what's the difference exactly), please contact me via pm. :)

I was just curious, would like to hear their opinion and facts, not that I really care because I bought this app when they introduced it in promotion for 99 cents... And back then I did not even have a phantom vision + and I was not even sure if I will buy V+...

Which brings me to the next question. I did not buy the Vision + as it turned out, I bought the good old Vision which is more then enough for me now, but... I wanted to upgrade it a bit out of the box so I bought Re700 repeater, so...

If I run the Vision+ FPV booster app, in theory, will it work? Or part of the boost process will work?

I know that it may not make any sense, because even if it works my FPV will have higher range then transmitter, but I would like to know for the future.

Thanks.

Does anyone know the page number all this crookedness began on?

Also curious if anyone has been cheated out of money?

un hombre said:
I was just curious, would like to hear their opinion and facts, not that I really care because I bought this app when they introduced it in promotion for 99 cents... And back then I did not even have a phantom vision + and I was not even sure if I will buy V+...

Which brings me to the next question. I did not buy the Vision + as it turned out, I bought the good old Vision which is more then enough for me now, but... I wanted to upgrade it a bit out of the box so I bought Re700 repeater, so...

If I run the Vision+ FPV booster app, in theory, will it work? Or part of the boost process will work?

I know that it may not make any sense, because even if it works my FPV will have higher range then transmitter, but I would like to know for the future.

Thanks.

The V+ app does nothing to the RE700, it adjusts the V+ airborne radio, so no it's won't work. But it is a better repeater.

Hi all

What is the latest on this thread? It's gone dead since it was moved here but as far as I can tell nothing was resolved. I'm thinking of purchasing the app but want to know the truth about it first.

Could those that understand all the technical stuff please continue to discuss it before I waste my money.

Steve

srchadwi said:
Hi all

What is the latest on this thread? It's gone dead since it was moved here but as far as I can tell nothing was resolved. I'm thinking of purchasing the app but want to know the truth about it first.

Could those that understand all the technical stuff please continue to discuss it before I waste my money.

Steve
I have been out of town for a few weeks. You may email to the developer if any questions.

Hmmm, stepping back? Well I like the app, it helps. I would like the pro version to come out, with the range extender security feature. This makes it even more useful so let's move on with it!

RemE said:
Hmmm, stepping back? Well I like the app, it helps. I would like the pro version to come out, with the range extender security feature. This makes it even more useful so let's move on with it!
As I heard from the developer, the security feature will be incorporated to the standard version in the next upgrade. It's likely similar to your beta version back in June. As the new FW 3.08 built with Ch7 tilting, I'm unsure about the development of the Pro version while it's hard to maintain multiple apps and support multiple iOS/Android versions.

Got it, yes if the security is added, the app is very useful. The new 3.08 firmware is out but the tilt is currently only working properly with the new DJI transmitter with self centering tilt control knob. But I'm sure that they will also support older transmitters so your dev would be wasting time on a pro version for that feature. Hopefully you will continue to improve the app!

I have been out of town for a few weeks. You may email to the developer if any questions.

Thanks. So I don't have to go through this long thread do you have his email or is he a member of this forum?

Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3