FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Nice to see you're still around PVFlyer and sorry to hear about your illness.

Thanks for sharing these test results. However again...I don't think anyone ever argued with the improvements running your app and that it will let you go further before you loose FPV. What people have been wanting to know is if those 'advanced algorithms' or whatever you called it in fact are there and what is the actual difference between version 1 and version 2 of the app where people who already bought the app was forced to pay for it again although at a reduced price the first 3 days.

So I ask you the same question again, are there any 'advanced algorithms' in your app and what is the main difference between version 1 and version 2 of your app?

Hope you'll get well soon!

I think at this stage we probably need to hear from this "developer friend" who ,as Pvflyer is unable to, can debate this code properly.

I also think someone other than PVflyer and DCI should do these distance tests and video in a controlled double blind non biased way.... I dont have the Booster app ( i was about to buy it) and i'm probably leaning on DCI's side anyway coming from a coder background so i'm NOT really impartial. I still think PvFlyer is spinning BS

So what we need is someone who doesn't know what is being used doing the flying and recording and another setting up the bird in the 3 ways.

PVFlyer said:
DCI further claimed the same accusation to P2V Booster (non-Plus). He disassembled 3 lines of shell scripts/commands, BUT definitely missed the majority part of coding WITHOUT going through shell script. I’m not the developer, I don’t know which part of coding missed.
There is archive linked in my previous post, it contains PDF which describes all the code in phantom-side and repeater-side binaries, step by step. It also contains IDBs for these binaries and fully decompiled code of phone-side part. I believe that's pretty much covers every line of code in your friend's application.
So you may ask him to point his finger and say 'aha, here we're doing something you've missed', and it will be shame for me and your reputation will be back.

PVFlyer said:
Test2 (start from 3:30): I pulled back P2V and ran the DCI disassembled scripts in the air. I flew again along the same path. It reached 190m and showed Phantom Connection Broken.
You've only applied repeater-side script in the video.
I believe it's pretty clear from my post you've quoted that phantom-side binary (now called 'fpvmonitor') is also used in the V booster to set phantom-side PHY to 20dBm (#1 and #2 in the list).
It's expectable you've seen no result as you haven't done anything with the phantom itself.
Have you missed this part unintentionally or by purpose?

I've had the Booster app for quite a while. I couldn't see any difference with it or without it and stopped using it. The other day just for fun I used it for the first time in months. On that very flight my WiFi module in the drone died. Coincidence? No idea. But it cost me $189 to replace the WiFi module.

I'm never going to use that app again. You guys do what you want.

rbhamilton said:
I've had the Booster app for quite a while. I couldn't see any difference with it or without it and stopped using it. The other day just for fun I used it for the first time in months. On that very flight my WiFi module in the drone died. Coincidence? No idea. But it cost me $189 to replace the WiFi module.

:eek: It makes me wonder how many of us run this app and have overheated the wifi module? I have noticed more reports of the black screen syndrome...coincidence? I'm not going there. Thank you RBH. :D

rbhamilton said:

Sorry to hear that and thanks for sharing your experience. If this app indeed does increase the chance of costly hardware failure that is very good information. Too bad though if that really is the case because in my case the app noticeably improved the FPV.

My mistake, Webmaximus. The PM was intended for another member, and sent to you in error. My apologies.

PVflyer, just remove all bloatware coding from your program which is just there to hide something as easy as script to set some registers to make signal stronger, and then I will buy your app anyway ....

dronebandit said:
PVflyer, just remove all bloatware coding from your program which is just there to hide something as easy as script to set some registers to make signal stronger, and then I will buy your app anyway ....

That would be nice if you got the updates/upgrades for free if you have already purchased V1 and/or V2. But a V3 will be another 8.77.

As a happy and enthusiastic user of the V+ Booster app, I am troubled by some of the comments here. If in fact the app was marketed to do things that it doesn't, that is not okay with me. However, I also think it's wise to withhold final judgment until all the facts are established.

As others have mentioned, the app does work well at increasing FPV range. As far as I'm aware, PVFlyer was the first person to make this available to the masses and many of us benefited from that. Others may view differently, but for me whether the coding for this is simplistic or complicated doesn't really matter to me - neither does the price as it's a free market and anyone else is able to create something better and/or cheaper if they have the inclination and skills. But if there have been misstatements on functionality with respect to interference control, and/or no real coding changes in V2 of the software, then I do think an explanation is warranted. PVFlyer, having now had some time to discuss these issues with your developer friend, is it possible that you understood the coding of the app to do more than it actually does? Or do you stand by all claims to date? Thank you for your efforts on the app, and thank you in advance for your sincere and direct response.

PVFlyer said:
sbarton said:
Just checked out the FPV Booster app for Android. Wasn't really able to get much further range than normal (could be due to weather), but it seemed to reconnect much faster after loosing the connection. :)
Please refer to FAQ section on the first page "Q5. How to test it working? What should I do if I could not achieve expected FPV result?" to seek support and provide required information.

I did a before and after test a couple of times. It did seem to get a little further range, but not much, the biggest difference was maybe 200', but I've flown further than that w/o app before.
I live in a highly congested WiFi area so was hoping the interference control algorythm would help. Also after testing again, it seems it doesn't reconnect any faster after it's been disconnected for a while.

-Scott

i use the app too
It is not about that this app is working or not working
it is about that PVFlyer cheated on us with his so called advanced algorithm
what also upset me is that he claims in his op that we should inform him if there is any misleading or or inaccurate info
he should start making apologies and admit he cheated
anyway, i will not use the app any longer because I don't want my wifi module get fried and pay $190 for a new one

cheers

Miguel said:
i use the app too
It is not about that this app is working or not working
it is about that PVFlyer cheated on us with his so called advanced algorithm
what also upset me is that he claims in his op that we should inform him if there is any misleading or or inaccurate info
he should start making apologies and admit he cheated
anyway, i will not use the app any longer because I don't want my wifi module get fried and pay $190 for a new one

cheers

I think it's helpful to keep the issues separate. There have been plenty of bad wifi modules reported by those who are not users of the app, and there just isn't any evidence of a higher malfunction rate for those using this booster app. The issue at hand that deserves a full explanation from PVFlyer is:

A) Have there been misstatements on functionality with respect to interference control?

B) Were there any significant coding changes in V2 of the V+ software as compared to V1 (and if so, given the nature of the allegations, it will be necessary to give some detail on what they are).

I agree, I don't find what has been said so far as any kind of "proof" using this app would risk frying your WiFi module. Also IIRC wasn't the strength when using this app actually decreasing the signal rather than increasing it?

rbhamilton said:

@rbhamilton

it looks like my wifi module died as well.
I've only had about 40 flights or less, and can't get any video now as well. I took a break about 2 months from flying, and tried to take it out today to fly but could not connect to video (while everything else worked).
I have used the booster app in several flights prior to this, and can't say this was the cause, but it sucks because now I have to order a new wifi module, and will be paranoid (naturally) to use the app as well.

Perhaps increasing TX wears out the module alot quicker ?

BTW Just going to ask because you guys obviously familiar with wifi module.. Where is the wifi antenna ?
I can see the 2 antenna's mounting on the landing legs thingies but they are for the rc / 5.8ghz I believe.. ?

plasmo said:
rbhamilton said:

@rbhamilton

it looks like my wifi module died as well.
I've only had about 40 flights or less, and can't get any video now as well. I took a break about 2 months from flying, and tried to take it out today to fly but could not connect to video (while everything else worked).
I have used the booster app in several flights prior to this, and can't say this was the cause, but it sucks because now I have to order a new wifi module, and will be paranoid (naturally) to use the app as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka