FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

PVFlyer said:
umair239 said:
I know I am pretty late for the party but as a buyer of the first version of the app, How do I get the V2 of the booster app???
We offer a 3-DAYS (from 2014/09/11 to 2014/09/13) period (almost free) upgrade to Version 2.1 last week viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13496&start=2080#p233095

Unfortunately, it seems you missed that upgrade period. I couldn't think of any better way for the time being unless re-purchase it.

Well, that is kind of ridiculous. I will go ahead and buy it again but I am hoping that no stunts would be pulled when the next update is released. I understand it's not your fault but as a customer who already paid you, not to mention the increase in price, it is not my fault either. I appreciate your work, the app works beautifully but kind of disappointed about the how the release of the new app was handled but oh well!

umair239 said:
PVFlyer said:
umair239 said:
I know I am pretty late for the party but as a buyer of the first version of the app, How do I get the V2 of the booster app???
We offer a 3-DAYS (from 2014/09/11 to 2014/09/13) period (almost free) upgrade to Version 2.1 last week viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13496&start=2080#p233095

Unfortunately, it seems you missed that upgrade period. I couldn't think of any better way for the time being unless re-purchase it.

Well, that is kind of ridiculous. I will go ahead and buy it again but I am hoping that no stunts would be pulled when the next update is released. I understand it's not your fault but as a customer who already paid you, not to mention the increase in price, it is not my fault either. I appreciate your work, the app works beautifully but kind of disappointed about the how the release of the new app was handled but oh well!
I'm deeply sorry about the inconvenience caused and your extra pay. Unlike Apple, there is no redeem code or whatsoever in Google Play, even we want to giveaway the app to those (like you) missed the 3-DAYS upgrade window. We spent almost 2 weeks working with Google to try resolving the upgrade issue but no luck. We were forced to create as a new app. We lost all the customer base, download quantity, ranking and valuable customer reviews acquired in the past several months to start it over again from scratch.

I appreciate very much for your support and considerate. Hope you can help to post a review and rate the app in Google Play store.

I purchased app a few days ago.
Just quick question... it mentions it monitors wifi signal etc etc.. do I need to keep the app open ?? I normally connect to wifi, open app click boost and close app and then open DJI app.

I'm using PV2+

just out of curiosity.. to poster above.. why not buying app again ? What aren't you happy about ?? Did I miss something ?
Looks like a lot of what this app does you could do for free by modifying settings on the linux server, but eh for $12 I'd r rather the app do it at know and (hopefully) its all correct best settings.

justin00 said:
I purchased app a few days ago.
Just quick question... it mentions it monitors wifi signal etc etc.. do I need to keep the app open ?? I normally connect to wifi, open app click boost and close app and then open DJI app.

I'm using PV2+

just out of curiosity.. to poster above.. why not buying app again ? What aren't you happy about ?? Did I miss something ?
Looks like a lot of what this app does you could do for free by modifying settings on the linux server, but eh for $12 I'd r rather the app do it at know and (hopefully) its all correct best settings.
You may close the app after boosted. The app would load a tiny program into aircraft memory (RAM) to boost it and keep monitoring Wifi signal. Once you power cycle, it's gone.

I don't think modifying settings on the Linux can achieve the same.

Pelican said:
Justo to know i will not buy again your app.
Again, I'm very sorry about you missed the upgrade. Such upgrade technical issue in Google Play is out of our control.

We have done our best with every possible way to announce such 3-DAYS limited upgrade offer. I sent multiple posts in this thread, created a Facebook page and shared the announcement multiple times, etc. Hope you understand our difficulty and this is the best we can do with limited resources.

PVFlyer said:
Pelican said:
Again, I'm very sorry about you missed the upgrade. Such upgrade technical issue in Google Play is out of our control.

We have done our best with every possible way to announce such 3-DAYS limited upgrade offer. I sent multiple posts in this thread, created a Facebook page and shared the announcement multiple times, etc. Hope you understand our difficulty and this is the best we can do with limited resources.
Are all updates going to require repurchase on android?

brorex said:
PVFlyer said:
Pelican said:

This Android update (from V1.0 to V2.1) used to be a free upgrade, like iOS. The re-purchase (most users spent EUR 50¢ or USD $0.99 in 3-DAYS limited upgrade) only happened due to a technical issue in Google Play, which is out of our control. The upcoming upgrade of the same app should be free upgrade.

Im strongly considering buying this app.. I have a pigtail and a 8dbi antenna ready to install in my wifi extender.. perhaps i should try this first :)

ive already read it.. and already purchased it... i wanted to test it out tonight but i only had 6-7 satellites and didnt feel comfortable testing range with so few satellites... im really upset with my satellite acquisition on my phantom.. shielding etc, doesnt seem to be working.

PVFlyer said:
brorex said:
PVFlyer said:
Pelican said:

This Android update (from V1.0 to V2.1) used to be a free upgrade, like iOS. The re-purchase (most users spent EUR 50¢ or USD $0.99 in 3-DAYS limited upgrade) only happened due to a technical issue in Google Play, which is out of our control. The upcoming upgrade of the same app should be free upgrade.

Thanks I purchased at the lower price of .99 I was just wondering if all updates were going to be that way.

A new version of FPV Booster V2.2 for iOS will be released shortly. What's new in Version 2.2:
- iOS 8, iPhone 6/6+ compatible
- Remove support for iOS 6
- A new Smart Boost keeps monitoring Wifi signal every few seconds. If you out fly FPV range and get Phantom Connection Broken message, it helps shortening FPV reconnection time when you fly back in range.

victor said:
rbhamilton said:
Pelican said:

You aren't missing anything. It doesn't really do anything anyway.

You sound like a broken record!
We heard you the first 50 times!

Don't feed the troll eventually they will die from starvation

Do you think it would be possible for a future update to allow the lowering of the RE700 Range Extender power by any chance please? Main reason is so that the Sunhans 2.4Ghz booster can be used without frying it. :)

From reading around I understand that power from the repeater can peak above 20 dBm during boot (input limit on the booster) and then settle below this number afterwards, but that this varies between repeaters.

Rather than spending quite a few ££ on an attenuator, I'd like to use your app to reduce the power slightly as can be done on the other apps. I really don't want to buy a competitors app when yours works really well, especially with ICA.

Perhaps the ability to change this value could be within the iPhone's Setting app so that your main interface still stays clean with the single click button?

rbhamilton said:
Pelican said:

You aren't missing anything. It doesn't really do anything anyway.

Coming from someone who bought the app admittedly having NO idea what it really does or how it works, your repeated comments really make you look
like someone who just can't accept reality. If I was just about the ONLY one, out of several hundred or maybe even thousands of people using the app and not getting any benefit from it, the LAST thing I would be doing is going on internet forums and posting how it "doesn't do anything". I would be questioning what I was doing wrong.

I mean come on , read through these forums and look at the comments and the number of people who have done comparisons and flown with FPV farther after using a booster app. Do you have ANY idea how that makes you look? Basically like you don't have a clue.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor