FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: FPV Booster app DOUBLE FPV Range

Geert said:
Xenn0X said:
I am gonna mod the 7th channel like this:
saves me the lever and gives me a nice pod switch.
Like this way more then a back lever.

Hi,

Spare yourself the trouble. The pod mod is also not working.
I did this mod on the P2V. Before it was working fine but since the new firmware it doesn't work anymore.

Geert./.

thanks for the heads up... doesn't work either with the dronexpert solution?

Mori55 said:
Any pics of the slider ?

Here is a photo of my installed mod, simple to use without taking hands of sticks and very smooth.

Attachments

• TX 2.jpg
    TX 2.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 401

Of course Geert it does not ... not better than the lever it replaces ... but it will, when the Wifi Booster Pro will be up and running !

Geert said:
Xenn0X said:

Hi,

I did this mod on the P2V. Before it was working fine but since the new firmware it doesn't work anymore.

Geert./.
I think pod switch is just a hardware replacement of CH7 VR. Thus, both lever and pod wouldn't work once update firmware.

Warning to other app users, my buddy download the CH7 app for a trial & almost brick the Wifi. After further investigation, the way of implementation & coding is VERY risky without proper exceptional handling, and might mess up OpenWrt Wifi. Beware!

PVFlyer said:
Geert said:
Xenn0X said:

Hi,

Geert./.
I think pod switch is just a hardware replacement of CH7 VR. Thus, both lever and pod wouldn't work once update firmware.

Ah...so would it be correct to say that with the new firmware we may be looking at an additional hurdle for ch 7 enablement?

ToddSmi said:
Ah...so would it be correct to say that with the new firmware we may be looking at an additional hurdle for ch 7 enablement?
I don't see additional hurdle of CH7 caused by the new firmware 3.06 unless some undocumented changes. It may need additional testing on the new firmware though. We anticipate to start CH7 beta by the end of this week.

PVFlyer said:
ToddSmi said:
I don't see additional hurdle of CH7 caused by the new firmware 3.06 unless some undocumented changes. It may need additional testing on the new firmware though. We anticipate to start CH7 beta by the end of this week.

awesome..

tizzl10 said:
PVFlyer said:
ToddSmi said:

awesome..
As you may install other CH7 app, it "overwrote" some stock OpenWrt files on your aircraft which cannot be restored. I'm unsure how's the impact to our CH7 app and DJI future firmware update to the current 1.2.5g.

PVFlyer said:
As you may install other CH7 app, it "overwrote" some stock OpenWrt files on your aircraft which cannot be restored. I'm unsure how's the impact to our CH7 app and DJI future firmware update to the current 1.2.5g.
Other CH7 app ? Never, I'm not than man you think I could be, just looking forward to your Pro version :D

Hey there,
i try'd the rar-tool with the new Assistant release 3.2 and can't get it work.
Is the tool not compatible with the new Assistant? Have it tested someone else?

Odd... in a location where I consistently get 10,000+ feet distance, after upgrading to the new firmware Im only getting about 6400 feet distance. Will downgrade back to the previous firmware and fly again tomorrow.

ManuelW said:
Hey there,
i try'd the rar-tool with the new Assistant release 3.2 and can't get it work.
Is the tool not compatible with the new Assistant? Have it tested someone else?

The Central Board Firmware v1.0.1.32 wasn't available until today, have you tried updating again to see if it makes any difference. Not sure if these issues are related or not as I haven't had time to test.

tizzl10 said:
Odd... in a location where I consistently get 10,000+ feet distance, after upgrading to the new firmware Im only getting about 6400 feet distance. Will downgrade back to the previous firmware and fly again tomorrow.

Very curious to hear if this is happening to others as well. Do you think the firmware is limiting the bird in some way?

TexanBuckeye said:
tizzl10 said:

Very curious to hear if this is happening to others as well. Do you think the firmware is limiting the bird in some way?

not sure. I will have to downgrade and re-test tomorrow. I do find it odd that after 2 test flights today, my wifi range has decreased quite a bit. will report back.

Geert said:
tizzl10 said:
not sure. I will have to downgrade and re-test tomorrow. I do find it odd that after 2 test flights today, my wifi range has decreased quite a bit. will report back.

My FPV range went down from 3200 meter to 1700 meter, almost 50%.
This is since firmware v3.04.
I did not update yet to the newest firmware.

Geert./.
Unsure whether it's related to the other app as I warned you guys earlier. It probably overwrites some stock DJI wifi files.

PVFlyer said:
Geert said:
tizzl10 said:

My FPV range went down from 3200 meter to 1700 meter, almost 50%.
This is since firmware v3.04.
I did not update yet to the newest firmware.

Geert./.
Unsure whether it's related to the other app as I warned you guys earlier. It probably overwrites some stock DJI wifi files.

if it did, wouldn't that be blown away with a fresh install of the firmwares?

tizzl10 said:
PVFlyer said:

if it did, wouldn't that be blown away with a fresh install of the firmwares?
No it wouldn't unfortunately. Wifi is under FC200 FW 1.2.5g.

So currently there is no change to the FC200 firmware, so shouldn't we be OK with the booster app? I just upgraded the Vision+ to 3.06, including the new mainboard .32 firmware. I flew out over the beach in Hawaii until I lost video, then pulled back and boosted (#B2 Level 6), video was solid after that. I was not very far out, around 400-500m, but the booster did work better than stock.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart