FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: FPV Booster app DOUBLE FPV Range

wattage said:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sqx0tghilk[/youtube]

Used the app today (sadly before I realised v2.0 was out) but something weird happened on the way back. I got out to 3,000 feet away and started coming back as I reckoned that was quite far enough for today. Although the WiFi had been rock solid all the way outbound, it dropped out as soon as I turned towards home and the dreaded "Phantom Connection Broken" message appeared. It reconnected after a tense few seconds so I resumed my journey home, using the sporadic video link to head exactly towards my location. The WiFi was a bit more laggy than usual but was still connected until I reached 2,000 feet away at which point it dropped and never came back until I was 400 feet away.

Is the Phantom V+'s WiFi antenna weaker from the front or is their something going on with this app as I've read of someone else having the same experience with Vision + Booster?

Read the details I posted here: http://forums.multicopterpilots.com/pha ... lying.html

flyNfrank said:

I did and I thought it was pretty good; you certainly didn't deserve the beasting you got from the other contributors on the thread! Your post was mainly concerning control signal loss though. In my flight today, control signal was fine, it was the WiFi which was flaky as I got nearer.

Could you expand on the "Red Zone" you mentioned please?

I think he means that you are on the edge in the Red Zone. Antenna orientation is now key, altitude, model position etc.

I didn't quite get the issue with RTH, if you fly out of control range, it will trigger RTH without your help. I would do my long distance testing upwind so the model is not fighting a headwind home.

Agreed when far, it's probably better to reverse direction for a while before pivoting the model and risking video loss.

I'm a big fan of the MarcoPolo tracker, very light at 12g and runs for days. It does not need any cellular coverage and in a cornfield situation it would lead you right to the model.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... count=8486

wattage said:
Used the app today (sadly before I realised v2.0 was out) but something weird happened on the way back. I got out to 3,000 feet away and started coming back as I reckoned that was quite far enough for today. Although the WiFi had been rock solid all the way outbound, it dropped out as soon as I turned towards home and the dreaded "Phantom Connection Broken" message appeared. It reconnected after a tense few seconds so I resumed my journey home, using the sporadic video link to head exactly towards my location. The WiFi was a bit more laggy than usual but was still connected until I reached 2,000 feet away at which point it dropped and never came back until I was 400 feet away.

Is the Phantom V+'s WiFi antenna weaker from the front or is their something going on with this app as I've read of someone else having the same experience with Vision + Booster app causing reconnection to be worryingly slow, even when within visual range?
Sounds a bit weird it worked good at 3000ft but not 2000ft with the same flight path. May I suggest to test the same path again, maybe with V2 and full screen video record. I saw electric towers in your return flight.

Will do.

I saw electric towers in your return flight.

They run parallel to my whole flight path about 350 feet away. Strange that the WiFi would drop as I got nearer my position after being solid all the way out. I need to rethink my position though to rule out the possibility of EMI.

Sebastian said:
This app fix the problem of many P2V+?

http://www.djiguys.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5217

Suddenly the live video becomes black and white (spinning wheel on iphone) and everything freeze?. But telemetry and movement of the camera works well.

Thank you

No, this app boosts the range. The lost video is a problem only with some Vision+, if yours fails like this I would seek a replacement unit.

First of all, Many thanks for the app! it's a great tool :)

I had issues with taking ages to find gps connection while wifi boosting but i solved this by putting some extra aluminium shielding between all electronics and the GPS chip.
While boosting the wifi output is giving the gps chip pain in the head and taking way longer to get a fix. Some times 4/6 minutes..

By following this guide you can shield the gps chip al lot better and get a better and much quicker gps fix!
In my case i have a fix withing a minute after applying the extra shielding.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q31s6NDFUlA[/youtube]

Yes i know but just trying to help out :) you might just missed it :lol:
mede hollander! :)

Admin, Thanks for moving this post but i was related to the FPV booster app.. the problem only happens while boosting..
So the shielding helps wifi boosting users too.. please put it back to the FPV booster thread..

Xenn0X said:
Yes i know but just trying to help out :) you might just missed it :lol:
mede hollander! :)

Admin, Thanks for moving this post but i was related to the FPV booster app.. the problem only happens while boosting..
So the shielding helps wifi boosting users too.. please put it back to the FPV booster thread..
Thanks a lot for information, though I'm unaware of boosted Wifi affecting GPS myself. I don't have foil shielding mod so far, but I plan to do so when I'm back in town 2 weeks later.

So I just noticed the V2 update on my phone today so I came here to see what is new for the app.. I haven't had time to fly but am interested on what changes there are?

midwestjeff said:
So I just noticed the V2 update on my phone today so I came here to see what is new for the app.. I haven't had time to fly but am interested on what changes there are?

The app has improved range, especially in noisier urban environments not much beyond that.

PVFlyer i bought the android version but can a have a apk download for my Epson Moverio BT-200 glasses? glasses have no store and i do not want to root the moverio.. :(

Edit, solved it with apk downloader, thanks anyways :)

Quick report after test of new 2.0 v+ booster with 2 different antennas.
1. Pentagram 12 dbi omni antenna ( similar to Tp link 40 cm long ). Range in mid urban area increased to 1.8 km. The fpv on 320 x 240 with 15 fps. Connection broke several times.
2. Yagi HellicaLL+ 18 dbi antenna ( 50 cm long, but light weight). Range 1,5 km in the same area, but the fpv was 640 x 480 fps, very smooth. Connection broke twice as I didnt point the antenna in the right direction. I will check it on longer distance later, as it was windly and I was affraid of loosing the battery power. Yaga Hellix costs around 25 usd and Pentagram around 30 usd.

glennaxl said:
Can a flight logger be added to this app?

The developer of the other vision+ app is working on it - viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20198
According to DJI in May, telemetry logger will be implemented in the next firmware update with a data viewer. The is also mentioned in the manual earlier, though I'm unsure whether this is still in the latest manual.

So does RTH normally initiate on FPV loss rather than 5.8Ghz signal loss? I guess the control signal can cope with much greater distances then? (it would be good to put this as a Q/A if possible on the front page - I tired searching all 154 pages but my various search terms provided no results)

Thanks.

RTH has nothing ever to do with 2.4ghz FPV signal and everything to do with 5.8ghz transmitter signal(or rather, loss of signal,).

And yes, it's been proven fairly soundly that out of the box, the transmission 5.8 signal far exceeds the FPV 2.4 signal

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT