FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

PVFlyer said:
photoshop64 said:
Didn't work for me on my P2V+ I did a test today, with and without it.
Only got 200 feet further, on an approximate 3500 foot run.
The main difference was the constant 'lost signal' warnings on the way out to 3500 feet when using the booster.
I did not have those with the non-boosted signal.
I was using an iPhone 4, which might simply process too slowly.
Both tests were run in wide open spaces, the same path, and at the same elevation, about 300 feet.

The booster app is boosting 2.4G Wifi FPV video/telemetry link only. You indicated "lost signal" warning likely due to 5.8G control link reached the limit. Control Signal Lost warning means video/telemetry link is still good to notify Vision app that your 5.8G control link dropped. You did not see this (un-boosted) probably because of 2.4G video/telemetry link shorter than 5.8G control link with "Phantom connection broken" warning, and after boosted 2.4G link longer than 5.8G control link.

Interesting. I will try the app again in an area where I'm flying a short distance but tend to lose video due to tree obstructions. Do you think that would be a better test?

photoshop64 said:
PVFlyer said:
photoshop64 said:
The main difference was the constant 'lost signal' warnings on the way out to 3500 feet when using the booster.
Both tests were run in wide open spaces, the same path, and at the same elevation, about 300 feet.

The booster app is boosting 2.4G Wifi FPV video/telemetry link only. You indicated "lost signal" warning likely due to 5.8G control link reached the limit. Control Signal Lost warning means video/telemetry link is still good to notify Vision app that your 5.8G control link dropped. You did not see this (un-boosted) probably because of 2.4G video/telemetry link shorter than 5.8G control link with "Phantom connection broken" warning, and after boosted 2.4G link longer than 5.8G control link.

Interesting. I will try the app again in an area where I'm flying a short distance but tend to lose video due to tree obstructions. Do you think that would be a better test?
It would be helpful if you can post some screenshots of your test flight when connection dropped for troubleshooting.

We submitted the new FPV Booster V2 (AKA Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster) to Apple for approval. The V2 equips with a new ICA (Interference Control Algorithm) engine for further improving the FPV performance in both open and urban area.

I anticipate to take 3-5 working days for Apple to review it. I will keep you posted if any updates.

Attachments

• FPV_Booster_V2.png
    FPV_Booster_V2.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 433
  • FPV_Booster_V2-320x320.jpg
    FPV_Booster_V2-320x320.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 408

PVFlyer said:
We submitted the new FPV Booster V2 (AKA Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster) to Apple for approval. The V2 equips with a new ICA (Interference Control Algorithm) engine for further improving the FPV performance in both open and urban area.

I anticipate to take 3-5 working days for Apple to review it. I will keep you posted if any updates.

Is this new upgrade let me fly over 12000ft Lever6 setting? :twisted:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhAvIT7-ZWI[/youtube]
http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopt ... lee-45593/

PVFlyer said:

Is the android app going to be updated also? If so when? Sorry if it's already been said

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly the channel 7 is for smoother panning of the camera up-and-down - correct? Once the pro app is released, what will I need to do to allow me to take advantage of channel 7?

brorex said:
PVFlyer said:

Is the android app going to be updated also? If so when? Sorry if it's already been said

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
We will update Android version FPV Booster V2 a few weeks later, while my dev. buddy is focusing on channel-7 development.

Mori55 said:
When's the pro with channel 7 going to be released ?
My dev. buddy finished channel-7 prototype early this week on his MacBook and tested on P2V (non-plus) successfully. He ordered a brand new P2V+ weeks ago and got it on Thursday evening after multiple delay shipments from DJI. He prepared to test the prototype on P2V+ yesterday (Friday) evening. Unfortunately, the brand new P2V+ Wifi shutdown itself after every power cycle within 5-10 seconds :evil: monitored by Wifi Analyzer. Hope he can get a replacement soon. **** just happens so often in DJI products even a brand new P2V+ without ever put props on. You know man, I have no way to predict the channel-7 release date.

Cocoa Beach Kiter said:
If I remember correctly the channel 7 is for smoother panning of the camera up-and-down - correct? Once the pro app is released, what will I need to do to allow me to take advantage of channel 7?

The 7th channel benefit is not having to take your hands off of the sticks to touch the phone/pad screen to tilt the camera. It will require you to either purchase a 7th channel lever kit from DJI or DroneExpert for your transmitter. The Tx has the control pot on the rear of the TX but they do not include the lever that moves the pot. Once modified, this Pro App will allow one to choose which method for tilting as needed.

Can't wait!

PVFlyer said:
Mori55 said:
When's the pro with channel 7 going to be released ?
My dev. buddy finished channel-7 prototype early this week on this MacBook and tested on P2V (non-plus) successfully. He ordered a brand new P2V+ weeks ago and got it on Thursday evening after multiple delay shipments from DJI. He prepared to test the prototype on P2V+ yesterday (Friday) evening. Unfortunately, the brand new P2V+ Wifi shutdown itself after every power cycle within 5-10 seconds :evil: monitored by Wifi Analyzer. Hope he can get a replacement soon. **** just happens so often in DJI products even a brand new P2V+ without ever put props on. You know man, I have no way to predict the channel-7 release date.

Yup, stuff happens! Fingers crossed that you guys make more progress soon, it sounds like you are sooo close!

RemE said:
Cocoa Beach Kiter said:

The 7th channel benefit is not having to take your hands off of the sticks to touch the phone/pad screen to tilt the camera. It will require you to either purchase a 7th channel lever kit from DJI or DroneExpert for your transmitter. The Tx has the control pot on the rear of the TX but they do not include the lever that moves the pot. Once modified, this Pro App will allow one to choose which method for tilting as needed.

Thanks... I assume that if you purchase the kit, instructions for mod are included. Is it fairly easy? Is there a selection in the app t use the lever instead of the app?

Thanks again for the help!

PVFlyer said:
brorex said:
PVFlyer said:

We will update Android version FPV Booster V2 a few weeks later, while my dev. buddy is focusing on channel-7 development.
Will the Android update include interference control? Yesterday evening, I was operating in a residential area with a lot of ambient Wi-Fi signal coming from the homes. FPV performance was improved once the Phantom "boosted up," but it took a couple of minutes for the app to connect and boost the signal. Is that to be expected?

Cocoa Beach Kiter said:
RemE said:
Cocoa Beach Kiter said:

Thanks... I assume that if you purchase the kit, instructions for mod are included. Is it fairly easy? Is there a selection in the app t use the lever instead of the app?

Thanks again for the help!

Installing the lever on the transmitter is easy. However, that won't do you any good on the V+ unless someone figures out how to re-enable the 7th channel capability. PVFlyer is working to make this happen via his app. We are all waiting anxiously to see if he is able to pull it off. Stay tuned in this thread!

Werz said:
Will the Android update include interference control? Yesterday evening, I was operating in a residential area with a lot of ambient Wi-Fi signal coming from the homes. FPV performance was improved once the Phantom "boosted up," but it took a couple of minutes for the app to connect and boost the signal. Is that to be expected?
Both iOS and Android FPV Booster V2 updates include interference control engine with a single "Boost up!" button as shown in a few pages back. It targets for most of casual FPV pilots and aerial photographers without thinking too much about interference and other environment factors (no brainer). You are good to fly with a single click.

You mentioned "it took a couple of minutes for the app to connect" is likely due to interference between device/repeater and aircraft. It usually takes only a few seconds.

ToddSmi said:
Installing the lever on the transmitter is easy. However, that won't do you any good on the V+ unless someone figures out how to re-enable the 7th channel capability. PVFlyer is working to make this happen via his app. We are all waiting anxiously to see if he is able to pull it off. Stay tuned in this thread!

The 7th channel wasn't disabled by DJI to avoid interferences with other components? If rehabilitated, what happens to the interference?

photoshop64 said:
PVFlyer said:
photoshop64 said:

I'm very sorry to see 1-star rating/review in iTunes App Store without identifying the issues. The booster app is not a magic, like any other amplifier or antenna mods. If you fly behind obstruction without LOS, both 2.4G video and 5.8G control links would drop as expected regardless using booster app or not.

It seems the iOS ratings are with 2 extremes only of the best (5-star) and the worst (1-star), whereas not many moderate ratings. For those 1-star rating users, please let me know your issues and I'm willing to help.

PVFlyer said:
You may show us something that really work and innovative in your app without copying others. Then I bet nobody calling your app is clone. Your stupid boosting repeater command in your clone app simply does NOT work at all. The only portion working is the clone part. It shows your incompetence of development and even simple testing. Shame on you and your clone app.

PVFlyer said:
enough ********. You must STOP bad mouthing to our members in my thread. If we file several complains to the site admin, you will get banned in this forum soon. Of course, you can register another email and start your monkeying again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z