96.9 KB · Views: 351
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 364
Re: Stage-2 Booster App Beta

tizzl10 said:
RemE said:
PVFlyer said:
Alright guys, the stage-2 booster for iOS is ready for beta testing. We might add more features to it, depending on the feedback of the first round beta testing. As we are running low of UDID quota, the first round beta testing is only for those iDevices participated in the previous iOS beta. Please PM me if you are interested and you don't need to send UDID again, I will send you the download link.

There are 6 levels of interference. The higher interference level (highest is 6 - Urban), the better FPV range in urban area but worse in open area. The lower interference level (lowest is 1 - Open), the better FPV range in open area but worse in urban area.

Looking good!

So is the Range Extender only getting password option, no boost??

Also will these settings be just trial and error in any particular area?

reme, did you install it yet? im getting an error.

No, I'm in the back of the class, can only dream...

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

Hey PVFlyer,

I purchased this app a few days ago and today was the first time I got to use it. From what I've seen, it seems to work well and better than without. I'm a new flyer still with only 5 flights under my belt and I haven't been paying too much attention tot he FPV on my phone.

When I get into a better comfort zone and have more skills, I will be able to give a proper review.

PVFlyer said:
That's why I never propose any encryption on aircraft end, and we don't ever bother to test something unlikely to work. FYI, streaming from P2V/P2V+ is TCP not UDP.

If you change root password for whatever reason, I can almost guarantee this will break the new released waypoint VISION app. "HunterSK" please take note.

My packet analysis shows that all FPV on the P2V+ is over UDP from 192.168.1.10 on port 9000. UDP is used typically in video streaming of 'live' feeds since it requires less overhead of initial connection, and for live feeds, no one wants to wait around with buffering video in case of dropped packets. Let the video distort a bit, then keep going with the current live frames.

The waypoints are communicated over TCP port 2001 to IP 192.168.1.1 just like all other HUD data (distance, altitude, direction, battery level, etc).
While not related to the thread/conversation.. for the sake of completeness, I'll add that Data regarding Repeater battery, etc.. are over TCP port 2002 to 192.168.1.2.

So, changing the SSH password has no impact on the Vision app with or without waypoints support.
LK

linuxkidd said:
PVFlyer said:
If you change root password for whatever reason, I can almost guarantee this will break the new released waypoint VISION app. "HunterSK" please take note.

So, changing the SSH password has no impact on the Vision app with or without waypoints support.
LK

LK...Thank you for providing actual coding expertise.

and in english lolol ???

:lol:

pyrophantom said:
and in english lolol ???

* Changing root password won't break Vision app or Waypoint use
* Encrypting your WiFi doesn't make things 'not work', although it does add a second or so to the session setup when the P2V+ comes back within range of the repeater.

unfortunatly i cant beta test this time because i swapped my vision plus for a P2 with gopro

have any of the beta testers successfully installed the new pro version yet? I cant get my beta to install.

linuxkidd said:
pyrophantom said:
and in english lolol ???

* Changing root password won't break Vision app or Waypoint use
* Encrypting your WiFi doesn't make things 'not work', although it does add a second or so to the session setup when the P2V+ comes back within range of the repeater.
Accordingly to my understanding, the latest waypoint app 1.0.41 (iOS) or 1.0.50 (Android) uses root once to load the waypoint file into aircraft. If you changed root password BEFORE upgrading to the latest version, then the app couldn't load the file and break the app. Obviously, you may clear the root password first, then upgrade the app to let waypoint file load, and then change root password again to whatever you like. You may need to do this process every time in future app upgrade if you change the root password, though it also breaks Rename SSID or something else.

PVFlyer said:
tizzl10 said:
have any of the beta testers successfully installed the new pro version yet? I cant get my beta to install.
I will see my dev. buddy today (Saturday morning) in the field and get back to you shortly.

ok thanks..i was just wondering if there is an issue with installing it on my phone or if the issue is with the beta app itself.

tizzl10 said:
PVFlyer said:
tizzl10 said:
I will see my dev. buddy today (Saturday morning) in the field and get back to you shortly.

ok thanks..i was just wondering if there is an issue with installing it on my phone or if the issue is with the beta app itself.
It sounds an issue of iOS version support/compatibility. It should be pretty straight forward to fix it by recompiling the app. We both are heading to the field for some other testing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor