FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

Mori55 said:
As far as I know the vision + doesn't work at all with the old hack. Only if you turn off the app.
I suspect this is due to new versions of VISION app (1.0.39/1.0.40 for Android and 1.0.37 for iOS) send a command to aircraft disabling channel 7 upon opening the app, and take over tilting control from the app. If we can intercept such disable channel 7 command and ignore the app tilting control sending to aircraft, then the channel 7 lever should work as the app turning off.

Can anybody check whether channel 7 working on the previous version app 1.0.38 for Android and 1.0.32 for iOS or even earlier version?

So after beta testing the Android app, I purchased the one from the store and tried it tonight. For the first time I was able to fly with the FPV preview settings on 640 30FPS and didn't lose my video. Before using the app, I would lose the video after a few seconds if I set the preview to the highest settings.

I'll try a distance run tomorrow morning and post my results. Honestly, $9 is a little steep for an app but it does seem to help.

This is not a high volume app so why not buy the equivalent of a cool beverage for a guy who labored many hours to make something that is useful to you?!

D_Tshudy said:
So after beta testing the Android app, I purchased the one from the store and tried it tonight. For the first time I was able to fly with the FPV preview settings on 640 30FPS and didn't lose my video. Before using the app, I would lose the video after a few seconds if I set the preview to the highest settings.

I'll try a distance run tomorrow morning and post my results. Honestly, $9 is a little steep for an app but it does seem to help.

9 dollars is a little steep for an app? what would you pay for an equivalent hardware solution to get the same results? more than 9 bucks im willing to wager. people kill me..

D_Tshudy said:

Thanks for your support and hope you will get a good result. This little $9 booster app is WAY cheaper and easier than any hardware mod to boost FPV range, as well as eliminating all the hassles of adding/replacing 2.4G antenna, amplifier, high power repeater, pigtail cable, drilling, soldering, etc.

9.00 way cheaper than antennas and connectors and installing .
Thanks for doing this , I was ready to spend 90.00 on antennas before this came out !

Jeepers. I said I bought the **** thing and it helps. How dare I comment on the cost! Blasphemy!

Ive had it installed for weeks and had first opportunity to test it out today and yikes does it go some lol

:D

RemE said:
D_Tshudy said:
Jeepers. I said I bought the **** thing and it helps. How dare I comment on the cost! Blasphemy!

Bingo! It was insulting.

Whatever, dude. I disagree and that was certainly not my intent. I don't think PVFlyer was insulted. Now if I had said, "$8 for this piece of junk??", that would have been insulting.

I know that some of you guys are passionate and loyal to the booster and the author. I get that. App coders need supporters. I've had a pretty successful 30 year career in software development and cost is always an issue for debate; as important as features and quality.

Gentlemen, we are here for fun, sharing our joys as well as good/bad experience. We build this little app to help P2V+ pilots having fun with longer FPV range. Constructive ideas and suggestions (such as channel 7 lever) are welcome to further enhance the app for even more fun.

I'm not insulted, take it easy. :)

Well if you can get channel 7 working , you'll be my hero ! Have made any progress at all with it. ?

D_Tshudy said:
Whatever, dude. I disagree and that was certainly not my intent. I don't think PVFlyer was insulted. Now if I had said, "$8 for this piece of junk??", that would have been insulting.

I know that some of you guys are passionate and loyal to the booster and the author. I get that. App coders need supporters. I've had a pretty successful 30 year career in software development and cost is always an issue for debate; as important as features and quality.

Sorry, dude. Didn't mean to be so snippy. As a developer for 30 years you probably notice that apps are dirt cheap today compared to even modest apps for PDA's and PC's in the past. Also consider that Apple takes their Bite, and the fact that this isn't this isn't Candy Crush, far more limited audience/volume. The intent is to get these guys enough revenue to buy the Phantom hardware needed to test new models etc.

So no harm, no foul, let's be happy, sorry for the detour!

you guys are real gentlemen :)
Thumbs up :D

RemE said:
This is not a high volume app so why not buy the equivalent of a cool beverage for a guy who labored many hours to make something that is useful to you?!
Fully agree !

Just purchased the app, not tried it yet but will do so tomorrow.

I think the price is ok considering the few people that have Phantoms. Thanks for bringing us this little gem !

Mori55 said:
Well if you can get channel 7 working , you'll be my hero ! Have made any progress at all with it. ?
We are working hard on channel 7 hack.

My buddy ordered a P2V+ and hope to get it in a few days. He also ordered a second hand P2V camera (egg) from eBay for P2V booster development and I gave him my RE500 repeater as well. He should now get all equipment for development and testing.

I bought the app for my iPad mini and testing so far has given me a greater distance. My control range runs out before my video feed. I am guessing the control range is because I don't have anything modded and may not be doing something right. But I am not going ages away. This seems to have also given me less little drop outs of the video feed to my iPad. I would get say 5 split second drop outs in a 22 minute flight, but they seem to be gone when I use the app.

When it comes to the price: I read up on the ssh connectivity and monitored some of the traffic with a MitM approach and saw what was going on. Logged into my device and saw what I needed to modify. Then after it all I felt a bit concerned about some of the changes I had made. It's the same sort of setup as a lot of medical equipment I have configured before. But at the end of the day, I reset everything back and bought the app for about AUD$11. The only reason being is that I know other people have this app and if it starts bricking their P2V+'s I am sure I will hear about it first on these forums. Also gives me someone else to blame if things go wrong :) I know that might not sound very nice but it puts my mind at ease a little.

That is my concern aswell, if its safe for the V+ and dont harm it in any way. Thats wy i havent bought it yet :(

SeeUAV said:
When it comes to the price: I read up on the ssh connectivity and monitored some of the traffic with a MitM approach and saw what was going on. Logged into my device and saw what I needed to modify. Then after it all I felt a bit concerned about some of the changes I had made. It's the same sort of setup as a lot of medical equipment I have configured before. But at the end of the day, I reset everything back and bought the app for about AUD$11. The only reason being is that I know other people have this app and if it starts bricking their P2V+'s I am sure I will hear about it first on these forums. Also gives me someone else to blame if things go wrong :) I know that might not sound very nice but it puts my mind at ease a little.
Firstly, DJI did not implement OpenWrt in a very robust way. P2V/P2V+ Wifi is fairly easy to brick, even on a normal firmware update. I think some of P2V pilots heard or even experienced about that, though there is no Wifi firmware update for P2V+ so far. Once you brick the Wifi (software), you have to send your bird back to DJI for repair/replacement and wait about 2 months or so.

I've seen some other threads (either in this forum or other forum/Facebook) mentioned tweaking Wifi, and I have some concerns personally. Some of the tweaks (such as change TX power in config file) are simply not working, or may have unexpected consequence unless you know well what you are doing and risk of future firmware update.

Perhaps this was addressed already in the 115 message thread... Is there any chance on a software update making this a permanent boost to the wifi of the phantom or is that simply physically impossible?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12