FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

urgno said:
a little question:

I'm reading the posts by linuxkidd about encrypting the wifi and changing the root password

I guess that if I change the password of the fc200/repeater, then the booster pgm will not be able to login to them to change the parameters to boost the signal

I'm i wrong ?

thanks
That's correct. If you change root password, the booster app wouldn't work.

Regarding Wifi security, I believe my proposed solution earlier (a few pages back) is a much better approach in terms of the followings.
(1) Safety - Wouldn't brick the Wifi in case firmware upgrade in future.
(2) Performance - Deploy WPA/WPA2 between P2V+ aircraft and repeater in long range Wifi network is likely to reduce bandwidth, FPV range and reliability. My solution is to deploy WPA/WPA2 between repeater and FPV device (several inches apart) to secure the "entrance" only.
(3) Security - Eliminate 99.9% unauthorized access while there is no way to ensure 100% secured anyway.
(4) Easy implementation - Simple to implement and use, and users can easily change the password in the app. In fact, we plan to implement this in our stage-2 booster app.

PVFlyer said:
urgno said:
ok I'll look for it ... was trying to avoid surfing 100 pages of trolling :mrgreen:
Check this out viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13496&p=162660&hilit=wpa#p162660
i was talking about root password not WPA encryption :roll:

the wifi autentication is transparent to the booster program as it rely on established tcpip connection
but, if the booster need to login to repeater and fc200, then he need to know the root password ...

so my question is, if the root password has been changed (via passwd command), how the booster can login ?

thanks

urgno said:

the wifi autentication is transparent to the booster program as it rely on established tcpip connection
but, if the booster need to login to repeater and fc200, then he need to know the root password ...

so my question is, if the root password has been changed (via passwd command), how the booster can login ?

thanks
If you read my reply earlier carefully, I state "If you change root password, the booster app wouldn't work."

It seems you are confusing about my solution regarding security. My solution does NOT need to change root password, and simply block the unauthorized access from Wifi network layer. If you cannot connect the Wifi network, you cannot access anything within the network, even you know the root password of OpenWrt/Linux.

PVFlyer said:
urgno said:

thanks
If you read my reply earlier carefully, I state "If you change root password, the booster app wouldn't work."

It seems you are confusing about my solution regarding security. My solution does NOT need to change root password, and simply block the unauthorized access from Wifi network layer. If you cannot connect the Wifi network, you cannot access anything within the network, even you know the root password.
oops ... sorry :oops: now i got it !

agree, if the wifi is encrypted with WPA/WPA2, should be secure enough
anyway keep in mind that with a simple scanner you can discover the mac address of the hidden wifi of the camera then we all know that is FC200 plus last digits of the mac address :roll:

b2pilot186 said:
PVFlyer said:
I think it's hard to stack up 1,000+ posts (100+ pages) with a few buddies or alternate/fake IDs in the same thread. I don't do any marketing to promote this app, and I don't get paid by the developer (my dev buddy). I do this for fun and help my dev buddy, as well as benefit P2V+ community.

Well, your "dev buddy" is getting paid...and you're marketing the heck out of the app on this forum and rcgroups.com...So I think we can dispense with those lies. I think it's very easy to stack up 1000+ posts with a group of people desperate for your snake oil miracle cure...Between the volunteers to beta test, the "testers" who have actually bought the app, and your own posts, I think you could manage a nice long thread for a few bucks. ;)
"b2pilot186", enough ********. You must STOP bad mouthing to our members in my thread. If we file several complains to the site admin, you will get banned in this forum soon. Of course, you can register another email and start your monkeying again.

urgno said:
anyway keep in mind that with a simple scanner you can discover the mac address of the hidden wifi of the camera then we all know that is FC200 plus last digits of the mac address :roll:
I wouldn't worry too much about a hacker scanning hidden SSID with some tools (like inSSIDer) and hack my bird hundreds of meters away via a high power AP/repeater. I worry more about my bird dropping off from sky somehow, compass/GPS/NAZA firmware issues causing flyaways or lost control, etc.

Geert ............Thumps up :)

PVFlyer said:
urgno said:
I wouldn't worry too much about a hacker scanning hidden SSID with some tools (like inSSIDer) and hack my bird hundreds of meters away via a high power AP/repeater. I worry more about my bird dropping off from sky somehow, compass/GPS/NAZA firmware issues causing flyaways or lost control, etc.

Agree 100%, if someone wants to try to hack my Phantom during the random 15minutes that I happen to fly in any particular location, let them have at it!

PVFlyer is good people and has delivered on his word time & time again. He's a messenger with a resource of a friend who had the ability to create a app that indeed does show performance gains. Had I only been able to use his app a week I would still feel like I got my monies worth.

There will always be those that don't agree with things people do simply because it's just their nature. But in this case, it's my guess that nobody forces anyone to install PVFlyer's app. Nobody makes us come to this website and read from this thread. If you don't like it, handle your issues away from this website. Allow others the right to have a positive experience here on PP.com.

PVFlyer, don't let any fools slow you down with bringing more vPlus enhancements out to those of us that appreciate your efforts.

-Frank

PVFlyer said:
urgno said:
LOL ... good point :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

U dont have a app that boosts the gps signal aswel or have a solution on this? :D having a small problem loosing the satellites to often, jumping from 5-8 :(

You guys still trying to do the channel 7 app ? Now that should make believers out of some people. ! They'll actually see something.
Keep up the good work !

flyNfrank said:
PVFlyer is good people and has delivered on his word time & time again. He's a messenger with a resource of a friend who had the ability to create a app that indeed does show performance gains. Had I only been able to use his app a week I would still feel like I got my monies worth.

There will always be those that don't agree with things people do simply because it's just their nature. But in this case, it's my guess that nobody forces anyone to install PVFlyer's app. Nobody makes us come to this website and read from this thread. If you don't like it, handle your issues away from this website. Allow others the right to have a positive experience here on PP.com.

PVFlyer, don't let any fools slow you down with bringing more vPlus enhancements out to those of us that appreciate your efforts.

-Frank
Thanks Frank for your good words. Never bother by kids monkeying around, just like I deal with my 11 years old son everyday. My son will grow up for sure, and hope those "senior" kids growing up some day.

白癡笨蛋的歪國人真的不輸給X匪 :lol:
Tony你看得懂就好 :twisted:

以前老闆告訴我ㄧ個故事......你要回家的路上遇到一隻對你狂叫的瘋狗,你要做的是別管牠繼續回家,而不是停下來跟牠對罵 :mrgreen:

LMC said:
以前老闆告訴我ㄧ個故事......你要家的路上遇到一隻對你狂叫的瘋狗,你要做的是別管牠繼續回家,而不是停下來跟牠對罵 :mrgreen:

明智的话 :mrgreen:

M.Tigelaar said:
LMC said:

明智的话 :mrgreen:

明智的话的确 :cool:

LMC said:
白癡笨蛋的歪國人真的不輸給共匪 :lol:
Tony你看得懂就好 :twisted:

Thanks Jason for sharing such a funny story as proverb.

PVFlyer said:
b2pilot186 said:
PVFlyer said:
I think it's hard to stack up 1,000+ posts (100+ pages) with a few buddies or alternate/fake IDs in the same thread. I don't do any marketing to promote this app, and I don't get paid by the developer (my dev buddy). I do this for fun and help my dev buddy, as well as benefit P2V+ community.

Well, your "dev buddy" is getting paid...and you're marketing the heck out of the app on this forum and rcgroups.com...So I think we can dispense with those lies. I think it's very easy to stack up 1000+ posts with a group of people desperate for your snake oil miracle cure...Between the volunteers to beta test, the "testers" who have actually bought the app, and your own posts, I think you could manage a nice long thread for a few bucks. ;)
"b2pilot186", enough ********. You must STOP bad mouthing to our members in my thread. If we file several complains to the site admin, you will get banned in this forum soon. Of course, you can register another email and start your monkeying again.

Before I bought the app, I contacted a trusted board member who was also a pioneer in extending the range of the Parrot AR Drone, to ask about the legitimacy of this app. I'm happy with the results.

For nine bucks, it is ok to be skeptical, but there's no need in crossing the line in criticism, especially when you don't really know whether the app works or not.

BUT FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DO ASSUME THAT THIS APP DOES NOT WORK, let me ask you a question: If this app were simply a placebo, why would it not also be compatible for the Vision (not the Plus)? Can you imagine how much money these "scammers" are losing by not also advertising their app to Vision users?

Got the screen " Max distance " today with the new mods on the 5.8ghz transmitter.
The app still worked even though it had some glitches on its way to the limit.
I guess i am a happy camper now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12