FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

andrewket2 said:
tizzl10 said:
ok, i looked it up. i definately dont have this moverio market app on my device.

developer-site-noborder.jpg

I installed the amazon App Store and the google play store. Done.

how? did you root your glasses?

PVFlyer said:
Although I'm still unable to order Moverio BT-200 glasses locally, I have another idea (purely idea stage) to build an app for BT-200.

How about to control P2V/P2V+ (1) camera tilting, (2) aircraft yawing and (3) aircraft rolling by the BT-200 (your head)? Imagine, when you head up/down, the camera is tilting up/down. When you turn your head left/right, the aircraft is yawing left/right. When you bend your neck left/right, the aircraft is rolling left/right.

It sounds pretty interesting to me.

I have seen a test video of tilting with sideways head motion so you can still watch the model thru the glasses. I could also see a mode with full head tilt following when flying more FPV thru the goggles. But, I would stick to pan and tilt of camera. Rolling motions are going to drive the model and I would prefer to do that only thru the TX sticks. The only issue is if they malfunction in some way, get out of cal, that would be a problem to fly back!

mitchsden said:
varmint said:
Funny, but unlike you, others do not have the market app yet, and I forced the last update this evening. It's just not there, so it's probably a regional thing.

Just a guess here, but if the firmware starts with a D, this might be developer version
and if it starts with R this could be the retail version

I have Moverio App Market on mine, but there is nothing really to download that is not
already installed. My firmware is R1.0.0

I only havd the 1Mobile store, no Moverio App store, no Google Play store...

RemE said:
PVFlyer said:
Although I'm still unable to order Moverio BT-200 glasses locally, I have another idea (purely idea stage) to build an app for BT-200.

How about to control P2V/P2V+ (1) camera tilting, (2) aircraft yawing and (3) aircraft rolling by the BT-200 (your head)? Imagine, when you head up/down, the camera is tilting up/down. When you turn your head left/right, the aircraft is yawing left/right. When you bend your neck left/right, the aircraft is rolling left/right.

I have seen a test video of tilting with sideways head motion so you can still watch the model thru the glasses. I could also see a mode with full head tilt following when flying more FPV thru the goggles. But, I would stick to pan and tilt of camera. Rolling motions are going to drive the model and I would prefer to do that only thru the TX sticks. The only issue is if they malfunction in some way, get out of cal, that would be a problem to fly back!
Can you share those test video with head motion to control camera panning and tilting?

PVFlyer said:
RemE said:
PVFlyer said:

Can you share those test video with head motion to control camera panning and tilting?

I tried it with mine the other day, just click the gyro icon in the Vision App
and tilt your head to the right, the camera then pans down :)

I could not say it felt that easy though, the camera seemed either up or down,
not easy to stop where I wanted :)

mitchsden said:

Good to know it supports camera tilting though you indicated "tilt your head to the right, the camera then pans down" is a bit weird. Did you tilt your touchpad or the glasses? AFAIK, both touchpad and glasses equip with a gyro each individually.

I got multiple PMs regarding Wifi security concerns in the past few days. We come up with a simple solution in the app to address this issue as below:

1. Let users to enter PSK password in the booster app and enable WPA/WPA2 wifi security only on the repeater. If you leave password blank, then no security enabled.
2. Users need to enter/remember the password on FPV device for the first time joining Phantom network, similar to joining your home's Wifi network.
3. It does not need to change other settings on aircraft or repeater, while the aircraft is bound with repeater by hidden SSID. It's hard to guess such hidden SSID by others, unless experts or hackers with some software tools. I presume aircraft to repeater Wifi connection is secured, and repeater to FPV device connection is protected by PSK password.
4. If you forget the PSK password somehow, you can reset the repeater by reset button and start over again.

Any suggestions or other concerns?

PVFlyer said:
mitchsden said:

Good to know it supports camera tilting though you indicated "tilt your head to the right, the camera then pans down" is a bit weird. Did you tilt your touchpad or the glasses? AFAIK, both touchpad and glasses equip with a gyro each individually.

They purposely used side tilt so you can still see the model flying, if it was tilt up/down you could not watch the model well when tilted down. The video demo I saw, tilt was sensitive but they could control it at mid points.

PVFlyer said:
I got multiple PMs regarding Wifi security concerns in the past few days. We come up with a simple solution in the app to address this issue as below:

1. Let users to enter PSK password in the booster app and enable WPA/WPA2 wifi security only on the repeater. If you leave password blank, then no security enabled.
2. Users need to enter/remember the password on FPV device for the first time joining Phantom network, similar to joining your home's Wifi network.
3. It does not need to change other settings on aircraft or repeater, while the aircraft is bound with repeater by hidden SSID. It's hard to guess such hidden SSID by others, unless experts or hackers with some software tools. I presume aircraft to repeater Wifi connection is secured, and repeater to FPV device is connection protected by PSK password.
4. If you forget the PSK password somehow, you can reset the repeater by reset button and start over again.

Brilliant!

+1 Brilliant... You should approach DJI to hire you or pay for your app and allow them to approve of it and put their name on it. You might bring in more money and support for future app enhancements as well. It can also provide an additional layer of security for them that I'm sure they would welcome.

PVFlyer said:

Yes, the sensor fully supports tilt/yaw/roll. What I don't understand is that they don't even seem to offer and Epson native SDK? It looks (unless I'm mistaken through all the confusion) as though the AR SDK is third-party and they're are charging €2,499 for it? http://www.wikitude.com/products/eyewea ... ality-sdk/

I can't even figure out why a dev version of the Moverio front-end is on my glasses. I've got no App store, and no clue how to get the release version installed (or why I should have to).

Gentlemen, the top 3 records of V+ Booster Longest FPV Range Contest (640x480 15fps or 30fps) is as below. Please let me know which platform iOS/Android do you prefer to get a free copy of V+ Booster app. It's easier for iOS, and I can PM you a promo code to redeem the app in App Store. For Android, you may purchase the app from Google Play (post a review would be helpful) and I will reimburse you using PayPal accordingly.

1. tizzl10: 10,840ft / 3,305 (iOS)
2. LMC: 8,424ft / 2,568m (Android)
3. sigwameister: 6,534ft / 1,992m (Android)

Thank you so much for all your support and feedbacks of FPV range records in the contest. I look forward to starting stage-2 beta in the coming week.

PVFlyer said:

3. It does not need to change other settings on aircraft or repeater, while the aircraft is bound with repeater by hidden SSID. It's hard to guess such hidden SSID by others, unless experts or hackers with some software tools. I presume aircraft to repeater Wifi connection is secured, and repeater to FPV device connection is protected by PSK password.

Is there a update then ?
I just run the app and i can't manage to set a password ?

PVFlyer said:
Gentlemen, the top 3 records of V+ Booster Longest FPV Range Contest (640x480 15fps or 30fps) is as below. Please let me know which platform iOS/Android do you prefer to get a free copy of V+ Booster app. It's easier for iOS, and I can PM you a promo code to redeem the app in App Store. For Android, you may purchase the app from Google Play (post a review would be helpful) and I will reimburse you using PayPal accordingly.

Thank you so much for all your support and feedbacks of FPV range records in the contest. I look forward to starting stage-2 beta in the coming week.

Thanks! :lol:

PVFlyer said:

I already have it on both ios and android :)

tizzl10 said:
PVFlyer said:

I already have it on both ios and android :)
Well JT, since you already have both, how about to get you a stage-2 V+ booster or P2V booster app once available?

LMC and sigwameister, please let me which version do you prefer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT