FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

Read the whole manual but don't remember seeing it. Thanks for the help though.

Sorry, but i use IOS, not Android ;)

Thanks for your really good work !!!! :)
Do you think you can fix the 7th channel ? :geek:

Greetings from the Netherlands :D

M.Tigelaar said:
First test with the Booster app ( IOS ipad mini ) :D
All stock.
Preview quality set to 640x480 15fps.
1615 mtr (5300 feet)
Altitude 134 mtr (440 feet)
Greetings from the Netherlands :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsHefbYZbq4

V+ Booster Longest FPV Range Contest (640x480 15fps)
- tizzl10: 7,037ft / 2,145m (iOS)
- LMC: 6,058ft / 1,847m (iOS)
- Alib: 5,061ft / 1,543m (iOS)
- MattUNI2001: 3,518ft / 1,072m (Android)
- M.Tigelaar: 5,300 / 1,616m (Android)
- Vortex66: 2,722ft / 830m (Android, proof required)
- Orbbs: 3,608ft / 1,100m (Android, proof required)
- Hovtech: 2,600ft / 793m (Android, proof required)
- neoneo : 3,200ft / 976m (Android, proof required)

M.Tigelaar said:
Sorry, but i use IOS, not Android ;)

Thanks for your really good work !!!! :)
Do you think you can fix the 7th channel ? :geek:

Greetings from the Netherlands :D

M.Tigelaar said:
First test with the Booster app ( IOS ipad mini ) :D
All stock.
Preview quality set to 640x480 15fps.
1615 mtr (5300 feet)
Altitude 134 mtr (440 feet)
Greetings from the Netherlands :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsHefbYZbq4

V+ Booster Longest FPV Range Contest (640x480 15fps)
- tizzl10: 7,037ft / 2,145m (iOS)
- LMC: 6,058ft / 1,847m (iOS)
- Alib: 5,061ft / 1,543m (iOS)
- MattUNI2001: 3,518ft / 1,072m (Android)
- M.Tigelaar: 5,300 / 1,616m (Android)
- Vortex66: 2,722ft / 830m (Android, proof required)
- Orbbs: 3,608ft / 1,100m (Android, proof required)
- Hovtech: 2,600ft / 793m (Android, proof required)
- neoneo : 3,200ft / 976m (Android, proof required)
Thanks for the notice, I have updated the contest record. Will take a look on ch-7 later.

hi all
i did a few tests let hope this is proof enough

my phanton v2 + STOCK!!

preview 640@15fps on all tablets/phones

nexus 7 without booster
IMG_0139.png

nexus7 with booster forgot to take a pic lol :p

iphone 4 s without booster
IMG_0140.png

iphone 4s with booster
IMG_0142.png

hope weekend will be good to do more with samsung s4 and kindle hd

kescot said:
hi all

my phanton v2 + STOCK!!

Thanks for sharing your results. Can you post your Distance of all pictures since they are blurry? Or you can post better resolution pictures.

PVFlyer said:
LMC said:
Tony:
I got a new record,wait my video.
Wow, that's amazing 8400ft! Did you fly with stock setup? Can't wait to see your video.

Of course ! That's game rule. :lol:
Only use 5.8G 1W booster with 14db patch antenna and stock 2.4G repeater.

First time setup and record.
14330437913_86049412a9_z.jpg

14330510933_24824734e5_z.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6owTwcb9z0[/youtube]

Second time setup and record. Add 5V power bank charge to repeater.
14306946961_27f93b9830_z.jpg

14123825437_ee06bd78d4_z.jpg

My new record on Flytrex site http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopt ... lee-36527/
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oKh1hNhY3Y[/youtube]

I did a little testing here in the house. I want to redo the test out in the field using longer distances for readings.

I powered up the controller, repeater, and Phantom, and used an old Android tablet with a WiFi signal strength app and took three measurements from the exact same spot inside the house, with the Android on a plastic shelf. The readings were -52dbi, -50dbi, and -50dbi.

I left the tablet in place, and walked back to my iPhone and launched and enabled the Wi-Fi Booster. Then the readings from the tablet still at the same spot: -45dbi, -45dbi-, and -44dbi.

So without the booster, the Wi-Fi average over 3 readings was -50.67dbi. WITH the Wi-Fi Booster, the average was -44.67dbi. That is a 6dbi improvement in my very controlled but very small environment.

BobUnplugged said:
I did a little testing here in the house. I want to redo the test out in the field using longer distances for readings.

I powered up the controller, repeater, and Phantom, and used an old Android tablet with a WiFi signal strength app and took three measurements from the exact same spot inside the house, with the Android on a plastic shelf. The readings were -52dbi, -50dbi, and -50dbi.

I left the tablet in place, and walked back to my iPhone and launched and enabled the Wi-Fi Booster. Then the readings from the tablet still at the same spot: -45dbi, -45dbi-, and -44dbi.

So without the booster, the Wi-Fi average over 3 readings was -50.67dbi. WITH the Wi-Fi Booster, the average was -44.67dbi. That is a 6dbi improvement in my very controlled but very small environment.

After around 8 flights over two days with virtually no improvement in FPV distance, today I also tried the in-house testing using a wifi signal strength app. From about 15 ' away I initially was getting pre-boost readings of -60 dbi. I then activated the boost and saw no difference, still - 60 dbi. One time it dropped to - 58dbi, but it also went to -66 dbi. I uninstalled the booster app and re-installed it with the same results. I really want this to work, but so far it is a no-go with this bird. I am going to continue to test it.

To be clear, I think the wifi signal you were measuring would need to be from the phantom itself (because that is what is being boosted) - not the network you connect to with the usual phone/tablet.

It's not the same thing because there's a few reports of wifi dropouts a few feet from controller put down to connecting to the phantom itself rather than the extender.

PVFlyer said:
kescot said:
hi all

my phanton v2 + STOCK!!

Thanks for sharing your results. Can you post your Distance of all pictures since they are blurry? Or you can post better resolution pictures.

nexus 7 out of box -- distance 1447.4m alt 70.8 with out booster
nexus 7 out of box -- no image yet with booster
iphone 4s out of box -- distance 1540.3 alt 69.6 without booster
iphone 4s out of box -- distance 1873.2 alt 80.1 with booster

HarleyRed said:
BobUnplugged said:

After around 8 flights over two days with virtually no improvement in FPV distance, today I also tried the in-house testing using a wifi signal strength app. From about 15 ' away I initially was getting pre-boost readings of -60 dbi. I then activated the boost and saw no difference, still - 60 dbi. One time it dropped to - 58dbi, but it also went to -66 dbi. I uninstalled the booster app and re-installed it with the same results. I really want this to work, but so far it is a no-go with this bird. I am going to continue to test it.
It's weird there is no signal strength improvement. Did you see "Your Vision+ is boosted" message when you activated the app? I guess you are boosting P2V+ instead of P2V, while this app does not work for P2V.

PVFlyer said:
HarleyRed said:
BobUnplugged said:

It's weird there is no signal strength improvement. Did you see "Your Vision+ is boosted" message when you activated the app? I guess you are boosting P2V+ instead of P2V, while this app does not work for P2V.

Yes, I see the "your vision is boosted" message, and it is on a P2V+.
I just came in from another test. I flew it out unboosted until I lost the fpv. (only about 1200 ft and still LOS) then I flew it out for probably another 300 ft. and still had no connection. I then got out of vision app and went to booster app. I hit "boost" and got the message "your vision plus is boosted". My question is: Does the app actually communicate with the bird and is reporting back that is it indeed boosted, or is it just sending a command, and does not really know if it is actually boosted ? I assume it is using the 2.4ghz signal to transmit the command to the P2V+, so how does it do that when the connection is broken ?
I have tried just about every combination of things I can think of, and am still getting no increase. I also think the stock configuration is a little weak too as I would think I should be getting better than 1200 ft LOS.

I do have some TP Link omni antennas ordered that are supposed to come today. I will be installing at least one on the wifi extender and hopefully that will get me a little more distance.

I don't really do long distances but do appreciate the apparent improvement flying about 1000 feet away with not the slightest glitch - which was not the case the last time I did a similar route.
I may have imagined it but it seemed significantly less laggy.
Android with a Moto G

Will the app be available for the P2V (non plus) soon? The app will provide most benefit for those guys having the P2V as it is quite limited compared to P2V+ in the first place and now with the booster app the margin becomes quite extreme. The vision being able to achieve only ~300 m compared to you with 1.4-1.6 km is quite pathetic for us.

App cannot find my wifi. Samsung 5S with full wifi connection to th extender...but then my camera won't connect either (greyed out in Vision).....so it could be my rig....

mede8er said:
App cannot find my wifi. Samsung 5S with full wifi connection to th extender...but then my camera won't connect either (greyed out in Vision).....so it could be my rig....
The booster app is not supposed to find Wifi, but boosting Wifi signal. If your Samsung device won't connect to the camera, you should fix it first.

Hey PVFlyer.

Did you see my question in an earlier post asking whether the booster app is actually getting confirmation from the P2V+ that it is boosted, or does it just send the command and not actually receive anything back ??

In the one regular flight scenario that I have been using to test the app it does not matter what I do, I get right around 1200 ft. and lose FPV.
I have tried it stock setup, stock setup boosted, 1.0.39 & 1.0.40, 6dbi add on antenna on the wifi extender - boosted and unboosted, re-bind on the wifi and P2V+. You name it and I have tried it. Still gets choppy and stops right around 1200 feet. This is all at 350 ft. and LOS. No trees, wires, etc. between me and the bird. Strange.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl