FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

MattUNI2001 said:
Quick question in regards to the Android Beta. When I open the app and click boost, I get the confirmation message that the phantom has been boosted, but after staying in the app and waiting about 10 seconds, the boost button becomes available again, where I can then do the same process over, and over, and over again. Basically, it almost appears as if the boost keeps turning itself off where I then keep turning it back on. Is the boost really still connected, or is it really continually disconnecting somehow? If it is really still connected, that might be something you update to stop happening so that others don't get confused.

I'm not the author but I bet the app is sending a script to change the RF output which probably stays as is until powered down. Subsequent presses of that button probably do nothing.

MattUNI2001 said:
Quick question in regards to the Android Beta. When I open the app and click boost, I get the confirmation message that the phantom has been boosted, but after staying in the app and waiting about 10 seconds, the boost button becomes available again, where I can then do the same process over, and over, and over again. Basically, it almost appears as if the boost keeps turning itself off where I then keep turning it back on. Is the boost really still connected, or is it really continually disconnecting somehow? If it is really still connected, that might be something you update to stop happening so that others don't get confused.
When you boost the aircraft ONCE, it remains boosted until you power cycle the aircraft or repeater to disconnect Wi-Fi. Obviously, you can tap the "Boost up!" button again and again, but it would not do anything once it's already boosted. There is no way to turn off the booster unless power cycle to disconnect Wi-Fi.

Just bought the Android version - will test out tomorrow. I've been leaving everything stock on the P2V+ to test just this app first.

neoneo said:
todays test was at 640x480 15fps at 400 feet up
i got 2600 feet without a boost
I got 3200 with the booster app

and for those who want to compare resolutions:
in this same exact flight path at the lowest resolution (320x240 15fps), at 400 feet up, i get 3200 unboosted and 4156 with the booster app
must have been a lot of interference to day. very cloudy and a thunderstorm was brewing, maybe thats it.
*I have a 8dbi tp link antenna on the wifi box. on this particular flight path it has enabled me to get 4400 feet out at 400 feet up. prior to getting the antenna i had to go 790 feet up to get 4424 feet. both on 320x240 15fps
It seems the app boosting a lot longer than your expected 700ft range at 640x480@15fps.

Re: V+ Booster for Android Available in Google Play

PVFlyer said:
I'm glad to let you all know that V+ Booster for Android is generally available in Google play store.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... fi_booster

You may also search "fpv booster" in Google Play.
Thank you so much for your great appli PVFlyer.
I've been following all this thread since beginning and reported to our french forum DJIphantom-forum where many Phantomist friends were waiting for the appli.
I've just bought it in its Android version and will come back to you as soon as I can test it (currently in week-end at my parents).
Thank you as well to all beta testers who made me want it immediately.
Great flights to all :D

Haven't had a chance to test yet, but I just purchased the Android version. I knew sooner or later I'd get a chance to use some of those Google Play credits! :cool:

Re: V+ Booster for Android Available in Google Play

philarvropagan said:
PVFlyer said:
I'm glad to let you all know that V+ Booster for Android is generally available in Google play store.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... fi_booster

You may also search "fpv booster" in Google Play.
Thank you so much for your great appli PVFlyer.
I've been following all this thread since beginning and reported to our french forum DJIphantom-forum where many Phantomist friends were waiting for the appli.
I've just bought it in its Android version and will come back to you as soon as I can test it (currently in week-end at my parents).
Thank you as well to all beta testers who made me want it immediately.
Great flights to all :D
Please report back your results. Can you share the URL of French Phantom forum?

Does it matter if you turn on dji vision app and then v+booster?

1. Turn on both Phantom 2 Vision+ aircraft and range extender, and connect your Android device to Wi-Fi network as usual.
2. Open V+ Booster app, tap “Boost up!” button. The app connects to Vision+ aircraft through the Wi-Fi network, then it boosts up Wi-Fi power and applies tweaks to the aircraft. It will display a message "Your Vision+ is boosted up".
3. Open DJI VISION app, and Happy Flying.

iorwerth said:
Does it matter if you turn on dji vision app and then v+booster?

1. Turn on both Phantom 2 Vision+ aircraft and range extender, and connect your Android device to Wi-Fi network as usual.
2. Open V+ Booster app, tap “Boost up!” button. The app connects to Vision+ aircraft through the Wi-Fi network, then it boosts up Wi-Fi power and applies tweaks to the aircraft. It will display a message "Your Vision+ is boosted up".
3. Open DJI VISION app, and Happy Flying.
No, it does not matter. You may turn on the booster even your aircraft is in the air at hundreds of meters away like I did in the demo, as long as your Wifi connection is in range.

The new Andriod app. is still just for the PV2+ correct? Any reason it would not work for the PV2? I think my camera wifi output has been low since new. Installed antenna and amp mods to increase range but still not happy with 3000ft. Seems that I should be getting more reliable distance.

Any prediction that it will sometime be available for the PV2. I read that you lost your PV2 (sorry) so I would expect you will not be purchasing another just for testing. My next mod will be adding a small amp to the bird to increase camera wifi output if a PV2 andriod app. booster is not possible in the near future. Thanks for all the hard work PVFyer.

Why does it keep stucking on my Nexus 5 at 640x480@15fps?:(

Congratulations on the release of the Android version of "Boost", being in the electronics and computer industry it is not always as easy as one thinks. Many on here do understand that........I give you major props for not only the conception of the program but taking the time to develop it while keeping the natives (all punts intended) at bay. :) I have some further testing on my newly installed stage 2 from FPVLR from Tony. So far the stage 2 in a heavily congested area has put me more than 50% plus, need to confirm.

Once my nails grow back, stop drinking rich dark roast I suspect I can get some quantifiable data on my RMAC. At which time I will then install the BOOST UP and make my test flights. In preparation a minimum of (2) 44OZ Diet Coke Thirst Busters, (yes 88OZ of Diet Coke) will be consumed to settle me down so I can have fun :D and not be in :shock:

enterprise1 said:
The new Andriod app. is still just for the PV2+ correct? Any reason it would not work for the PV2? I think my camera wifi output has been low since new. Installed antenna and amp mods to increase range but still not happy with 3000ft. Seems that I should be getting more reliable distance.

Any prediction that it will sometime be available for the PV2. I read that you lost your PV2 (sorry) so I would expect you will not be purchasing another just for testing. My next mod will be adding a small amp to the bird to increase camera wifi output if a PV2 andriod app. booster is not possible in the near future. Thanks for all the hard work PVFyer.
The Android version V+ Booster is still for P2V+, because of P2V+ and P2V are with total different Wifi modules. Adding amp may not help too much (sometimes is even worse) to boost the FPV range, as amp always introduce more noise. Higher gain LHCP antenna mod on the repeater is the best bet to extend the range.

I will let you know once we finalize a plan for P2V booster.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z