FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: V+ Booster Longest FPV Range Contest

LMC said:
PVFlyer said:
In order to achieve more consistent FPV range results for V+ Booster, we would like to conduct the longest FPV range contest for both Android beta testers and iOS users as below:

1. All FPV range records should be performed with stock (un-modded) Phantom 2 Vision+ aircraft and stock RE700 range extender. Gentlemen, please be honest of NOT modding any hardware of your 2.4G FPV gears. You may use external battery for charging the range extender during flight. The 5.8G transmitter can be modded with antenna/amplifier to extend the control range.
2. Preview quality should be set to 640x480 15fps.
3. Any reported FPV range should provide screen captured or video recorded as proof to show Distance. FYI, if you use Metric unit in Android VISION app, it would show N/A after 2,000m, thus Imperial unit is preferable for Android.
4. You may fly in any area and any altitude to get your best FPV range.
5. You may report your best FPV range on/before June 1, 2014. Previous reported and effective records of iOS/Android (with proof) could enter to the contest automatically.
6. The champion, first runner-up and second runner-up of the contest can get a FREE copy of V+ Booster of your choice of iOS or Android as a token of appreciation for your achievement.

I will summarize all effective FPV range records in the original post (page 1) of this thread for easy reference.

Very interesting :lol:
It's just for fun with a bit challenge, :D and not that serious contest.

PVFlyer said:
LMC said:
Very interesting :lol:
It's just for fun with a bit challenge, :D and not that serious contest.

20140525 Test fly S/W Booster on & Dashware
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR3DInhwuVQ[/youtube]

Some data not detect , I will change place put on my flytrex V2.

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

First test with the Booster app ( IOS ipad mini ) :D
All stock.
Preview quality set to 640x480 15fps.
1615 mtr (5300 feet)
Altitude 134 mtr (440 feet)
Greetings from the Netherlands :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsHefbYZbq4

Attachments

• Photo 25-05-14 12 53 46.jpg
    Photo 25-05-14 12 53 46.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 455

My PV2+ arrived several weeks ago. Did some flying in Colorado over the weekend. Was losing video at less than 1,000 ft.

If its still open, I would love to participate in the Android booster beta test (S4). I can't find how to contact PV Flyer. Happy to provide serial number, etc.

Great forum! I am learning much from the excellent posts.

todays test was at 640x480 15fps at 400 feet up
i got 2600 feet without a boost
I got 3200 with the booster app

and for those who want to compare resolutions:
in this same exact flight path at the lowest resolution (320x240 15fps), at 400 feet up, i get 3200 unboosted and 4156 with the booster app
must have been a lot of interference to day. very cloudy and a thunderstorm was brewing, maybe thats it.
*I have a 8dbi tp link antenna on the wifi box. on this particular flight path it has enabled me to get 4400 feet out at 400 feet up. prior to getting the antenna i had to go 790 feet up to get 4424 feet. both on 320x240 15fps

M.Tigelaar said:
First test with the Booster app ( IOS ipad mini ) :D
All stock.
Preview quality set to 640x480 15fps.
1615 mtr (5300 feet)
Altitude 134 mtr (440 feet)
Greetings from the Netherlands :)
Great job from the Netherlands! Did you use iOS or Android version?

I have updated your record to the contest in the first post of this thread.

PVFlyer said:
Mossie said:
I've got the iOS app, running at 640x480 @30 I'm getting smooth FPV right out beyond what my 5.8 Antenna can achieve. In fact I haven't lost video feed once since I downloaded the app a couple of weeks ago. So well done all round :D

I'm using a Horizon 12 dbi dual Antenna 2.4 and 5.8. The 2.4 is performing well out to 4500 ft ,but the 5.8 is letting the side down and until I can improve the 5.8 I can't see just what this WiFi booster will do.
Glad to know the booster app keep your FPV the highest resolution.

Your 5.8G 12 dBi helix has only 9 dBi effective gain (-3 dBi loss) when matching with vertical polarized antenna on the aircraft, unless you mod the aircraft to 5.8G CP antenna.

Ah now then you might be able to answer my question. That dual 2.4 and 5.8 antenna is great for 2.4 but not so great for 5.8. In fact I am using the stock 5.8 antenna now. Do you think I would be better off getting a vertical 5.8 antenna to give better range as I don't want to mod the aircraft.

thanks

LMC said:
Some data not detect , I will change place put on my flytrex V2.
Nice video with Dashware. I'm thinking of build an iPad app for merging telemetry data with video & Google Map. We can then enjoy the video even in the field or waiting for battery charge.

Mossie said:
PVFlyer said:
Mossie said:
I've got the iOS app, running at 640x480 @30 I'm getting smooth FPV right out beyond what my 5.8 Antenna can achieve. In fact I haven't lost video feed once since I downloaded the app a couple of weeks ago. So well done all round :D

I'm using a Horizon 12 dbi dual Antenna 2.4 and 5.8. The 2.4 is performing well out to 4500 ft ,but the 5.8 is letting the side down and until I can improve the 5.8 I can't see just what this WiFi booster will do.
Glad to know the booster app keep your FPV the highest resolution.

Your 5.8G 12 dBi helix has only 9 dBi effective gain (-3 dBi loss) when matching with vertical polarized antenna on the aircraft, unless you mod the aircraft to 5.8G CP antenna.

Ah now then you might be able to answer my question. That dual 2.4 and 5.8 antenna is great for 2.4 but not so great for 5.8. In fact I am using the stock 5.8 antenna now. Do you think I would be better off getting a vertical 5.8 antenna to give better range as I don't want to mod the aircraft.

thanks
Personally, I prefer linear polarized 5.8G to match with the aircraft as stated viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13496&p=143403&hilit=14dbi#p143403.
With 5.8G 14dBi patch without amplifier, my control range can easily reach 10,000ft+ (3km+) every time as long as I aim the aircraft properly.

I purchased the wifi booster and tried it out with my new Vision 2 + and wasn't sure if it was doing better or not. A previously non boosted flight had the wifi cutting out around 800 feet altitude, with the actual controller losing contact intermittently around 1,000 feet. With the range booster turned on, shouldn't I be getting much better video link range? I tried turning off the booster app and still got about the same. How do I tell if the app is actually connected and boosting. It said " now you're connected" when I turned it on (both range extender and Phantom already turned on), but I'm not sure I actually saw any improvement. I'm not in a heavy interference area that i know of but I am using the stock batteries that came with the new Phantom. What type of range should I expect to get with the Booster app engaged? Unrelated to the booster and the wifi, in terms on just controlling the Phanom, what kind of range do any of you find to be typical before it enters come home mode? The 5.8 mhz controller I thought would be good for a couple thousand feet line of site at least.Thanks

zryall3 said:
I purchased the wifi booster and tried it out with my new Vision 2 + and wasn't sure if it was doing better or not. A previously non boosted flight had the wifi cutting out around 800 feet altitude, with the actual controller losing contact intermittently around 1,000 feet. With the range booster turned on, shouldn't I be getting much better video link range? I tried turning off the booster app and still got about the same. How do I tell if the app is actually connected and boosting. It said " now you're connected" when I turned it on (both range extender and Phantom already turned on), but I'm not sure I actually saw any improvement. I'm not in a heavy interference area that i know of but I am using the stock batteries that came with the new Phantom. What type of range should I expect to get with the Booster app engaged? Unrelated to the booster and the wifi, in terms on just controlling the Phanom, what kind of range do any of you find to be typical before it enters come home mode? The 5.8 mhz controller I thought would be good for a couple thousand feet line of site at least.Thanks
I suggest you to read the FAQ section in the first post of this thread. Where did you get " now you're connected" message?

I use iOS with ipad mini (640x480 15fps) :D
Love your app!!!! :p
Any chance for the 7 channel ? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Why is it bad to use 640x480 at 30fps? Is it going to cause the connection to lose... or just not as smooth as 15fps?

Hi, any chance I can beta test the Andriod app please?

I'm in the UK and have a HTC Sensation XL.

Thanks in anticipation.

PaulB

race3 said:
Why is it bad to use 640x480 at 30fps? Is it going to cause the connection to lose... or just not as smooth as 15fps?

If it works for you, great.

Many have issues with this resolution, the video streak is at maximum data at this setting and it has caused stuttering or loss of stream, sometimes loss until the model is landed and power cycled to clear the hang up.

640 x 480 15fps settings have been more stable. If flying far away, lowering the resolution and fps reduces bandwidth and allows for better video range usually.

Quick question in regards to the Android Beta. When I open the app and click boost, I get the confirmation message that the phantom has been boosted, but after staying in the app and waiting about 10 seconds, the boost button becomes available again, where I can then do the same process over, and over, and over again. Basically, it almost appears as if the boost keeps turning itself off where I then keep turning it back on. Is the boost really still connected, or is it really continually disconnecting somehow? If it is really still connected, that might be something you update to stop happening so that others don't get confused.

Quick question in regards to the Android Beta. When I open the app and click boost, I get the confirmation message that the phantom has been boosted, but after staying in the app and waiting about 10 seconds, the boost button becomes available again, where I can then do the same process over, and over, and over again. Basically, it almost appears as if the boost keeps turning itself off where I then keep turning it back on. Is the boost really still connected, or is it really continually disconnecting somehow? If it is really still connected, that might be something you update to stop happening so that others don't get confused.

Ha! I was trying to figure out how to word that same issue. Thanks for beating me to it.

I do get the same behavior on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

Additionally, when I switch back over to the DJI app and then switch back to the booster to check to see if it's still boosted, the boost app shows with the "boost" button and not the "phantom has been boosted" button.

So I can't really tell if I'm still in boost mode or not.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor