FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

PVFlyer said:
The Android beta will be available in the next 24 hours according to my dev buddy.

Got my beta link sir, thank you very much... was able to install on 2 devices ... Galaxy tab Pro 8.4 and Note 3... confirmed the app functions properly and performs the boost as it should with both devices... but I can't go out flying till later today :evil:

Looks like I'll have to do the antenna mod on the tx as soon as I get home... :ugeek:

DBS said:
PVFlyer said:
The Android beta will be available in the next 24 hours according to my dev buddy.

Got my beta link sir, thank you very much... was able to install on 2 devices ... Galaxy tab Pro 8.4 and Note 3... confirmed the app functions properly and performs the boost as it should with both devices... but I can't go out flying till later today :evil:

Looks like I'll have to do the antenna mod on the tx as soon as I get home... :ugeek:
Thanks for the updates. Did you see any missing Vision+ image from the app like this below?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-25-17-34-49.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-25-17-34-49.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 468

I got the program and installed successfully on my Samsung galaxy s4.
Test will begin later today. No images are missing.

should I remove the rubber duck 5db?

I installed one TP LINK 5db rubber duck to my WiFi, replacing only one of the two patch antennas in the extender, and I've gotten good range with that. I never actually tested it for range, but it's gone as far as I want.

Now, learning more about antennas and reading this thread, I'm inclined to revert back to the original extender patch antennas and use this app instead.

I'm looking for your opinions on that subject. D86

PVFlyer said:
neoneo said:

Got my beta installed on Nexus 7, 2013, thank you, yes I can see the graphic,
just need this wind to drop now, so can start the testing

thanks again

john

Hey Tony..for some reason, I kept sending the serial number info to myself in PM.. I resent it to you.

PVFlyer said:
Thanks for the updates. Did you see any missing Vision+ image from the app like this below?

No missing image... All good on both devices...

Further proof that the boost is working...

This shot taken before running the boost app...
(Wifi signal direct from the phantom... not repeater)

And then again after running boost app...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-25-06-30-11.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-25-06-30-11.png
    200.9 KB · Views: 432
  • Screenshot_2014-05-25-06-20-01.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-25-06-20-01.png
    133.9 KB · Views: 451
  • Screenshot_2014-05-25-06-21-14.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-25-06-21-14.png
    138.8 KB · Views: 416

There is any way to improve the video quality on my iPhone fpv during a flight?

Does any one use the apps wifi booster? Could this boost cause any problem during flight?

Regards.

DBS said:
PVFlyer said:

No missing image... All good on both devices...

Further proof that the boost is working...

This shot taken before running the boost app...
(Wifi signal direct from the phantom... not repeater)

And then again after running boost app...
How's that possible to boost 25dBm from -74dBm to -49dBm. Did you measure at the same distance and antenna orientation? This is way more than my calculation.

I have the beta app installed on my GS4, and the images appear as they should. I'll be doing a test flight within the next hour or two and will report back with my first results.

PVFlyer said:
How's that possible to boost 25dBm from -74dBm to -49dBm. Did you measure at the same distance and antenna orientation? This is way more than my calculation.

Same distance and orientation...

Turned on wifi analyzer and walked away until signal dropped to lowish levels ... set the phone on a table and let the reading settle (-74dBm)... took screenshot... used tablet to boost... watched signal increase... took second screenshot... didn't move the phone or the drone or even where I was standing in relation to the devices.

But then again this was indoors... and it was with my Note 3 with antenna polarity not matching the phantom's polarity... so there was some drifting up and down as I was taking the screenshots.

Basic idea is there though... without boost is lower... With boost is higher...
Getting accurate numbers on that inside my house with a Note 3 running a free android app isn't going to be as accurate as one would like :ugeek:

First flight results are in:

Verizon Samsung GS4
Urban Flight in Orlando, FL - lots of wifi networks everywhere
Preview Settings: 640X480 15fps
Completely Stock V+
Flight 1 with boost off at approx altitude of 260 ft: 2300 feet (didn't get a screenshot)
Flight 2 with boost on at approx altitude of 260 ft: 3518 feet (screenshot below)

Total gain in FPV range: 53%

Nice!

wifibooster.png

MattUNI2001 said:
First flight results are in:

Verizon Samsung GS4
Flight 1 with boost off at approx altitude of 260 ft: 2300 feet (didn't get a screenshot)
Flight 2 with boost on at approx altitude of 260 ft: 3518 feet (screenshot below **Will edit and attach once I figure out how)

Total gain in FPV range: 53%

Nice!
Great work! First report back from Android beta. Can you update us what preview quality and Wifi density (urban or rural) in such area? I bet you flew in some Wifi interfered area. If you test in rural area, you may get better FPV range gain. Look forward for your updates.

PVFlyer said:
Great work! First report back from Android beta. Can you update us what preview quality and Wifi density (urban or rural) in such area? I bet you flew in some Wifi interfered area. If you test in rural area, you may get better FPV range gain. Look forward for your updates.

I've updated my main post to put all the information together as well as have added the screenshot using the booster. My prior furthest record flying FPV, in this urban setting, was 2450 feet, so the booster added substantial range. Pretty cool stuff...:)

@FPV Flyer

Thank you very much for an excellent app!
Is there any chance your friend can incorporate an unlock of the channel 7 feature for the tilt function of the camera?
Potentiometer works fine before opening the DJI app so something is disabling the function as soon as the DJI app starts.
Thank you for any help/insight.

MattUNI2001 said:
PVFlyer said:

I've updated my main post to put all the information together as well as have added the screenshot using the booster. My prior furthest record flying FPV, in this urban setting, was 2450 feet, so the booster added substantial range. Pretty cool stuff...:)
Thanks for the update. I would summarize all relevant test results to my first post (bottom part) for easy reference.

cougar said:
@FPV Flyer

Thank you very much for an excellent app!
Is there any chance your friend can incorporate an unlock of the channel 7 feature for the tilt function of the camera?
Potentiometer works fine before opening the DJI app so something is disabling the function as soon as the DJI app starts.
Thank you for any help/insight.
We will take a look on this. Seems DJI purposely disable channel-7 lever upon opening Vision app to avoid conflict of tilting between 2 controls.

Re: should I remove the rubber duck 5db?

doug86 said:
I installed one TP LINK 5db rubber duck to my WiFi, replacing only one of the two patch antennas in the extender, and I've gotten good range with that. I never actually tested it for range, but it's gone as far as I want.

Now, learning more about antennas and reading this thread, I'm inclined to revert back to the original extender patch antennas and use this app instead.

I'm looking for your opinions on that subject. D86

anyone? Bueller?

I loaded the Android application into my Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android Version 4.4.2

Now just waiting on the weather to cooperate. :roll:

Attachments

• wifiboosterAndroid-SamsungS5.jpg
    wifiboosterAndroid-SamsungS5.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 360

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member