FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

PVFlyer said:
jimmyckchan said:
Hi PVFlyer,

Finally I flied yesterday night with preview 640x480@15fps and got the result below

Stock PV+ with 14dbi panel = 537M

Stock PV+ with 14dbi panel & sunhans 2.4G & 5.8G hardware booster = 854M

Stock PV+ with 14dbi panel & sunhans 2.4G & 5.8G hardware booster & V+ booster app = 1537.9M :lol:
Good job Jimmy. You boost additional 80% range. Is it long enough flying to Disneyland to film fireworks? :lol:

Great idea. But need to fly more long range flight first since my heart beats go faster and faster when my PV+ over 1000M :lol:

BTW, even I got the V+ booster beta version but the flight was tested by the official app I purchased at APPLE store.

PVFlyer, can I beta the androind version? Galaxy S5, (couldnt PM you)

Hey can't PM you because i just registered here. Have an Xperia Z2 with 4.4.2 And a Vision+. Can you pm me your email?

Hi PVFlyer,

Can I be your android beta tester
this time? Still can't PM you.

hey Tony..did you get my serial number for the android?

jimmyckchan said:
PVFlyer said:
jimmyckchan said:
Hi PVFlyer,

Finally I flied yesterday night with preview 640x480@15fps and got the result below

Stock PV+ with 14dbi panel & sunhans 2.4G & 5.8G hardware booster & V+ booster app = 1537.9M :lol:
Good job Jimmy. You boost additional 80% range. Is it long enough flying to Disneyland to film fireworks? :lol:

Great idea. But need to fly more long range flight first since my heart beats go faster and faster when my PV+ over 1000M :lol:

BTW, even I got the V+ booster beta version but the flight was tested by the official app I purchased at APPLE store.
Thank you so much for your support, and hope you like this booster app extending your FPV range.

Your setup seems hunting for long range. When you start hunting range, you are then eager to fly farther & farther until pushing the aircraft and you to the limit. Obviously, flying long range (say 3km+) is a bit more risky. A good flight plan is always helpful for long range to lower the risk. Happy flying! :D

PVFlyer said:
tizzl10 said:
Not yet, you said you need to charge your tablet and get the serial#.

ok, ill resend it.

I just checked my outbox..i sent it to myself lol. pm sent.

jimmyckchan said:
Hi PVFlyer,

Because someone is bound to ask:

No, the V+ Booster app does NOT increase the control range for flying your Phantom 2 Vision Plus. The results above might lead you to think so, but that would be an incorrect conclusion. The V+ Booster app increases the FPV range ONLY.

Jimmyckchan, I sure would like to know what your range is when using just the V+ Booster app and the 14dbi panel. I assume that when you used the 14dbi panel without the V+ Booster app, you lost FPV but still had flying control. I ordered one of the 14dbi panels yesterday.

PVFlyer said:
tizzl10 said:
Not yet, you said you need to charge your tablet and get the serial#.

Pm'd about doing some beta testing for you (Android)

Bigbells said:
... the V+ Booster app does NOT increase the control range for flying your Phantom 2 Vision Plus. The results above might lead you to think so, but that would be an incorrect conclusion. The V+ Booster app increases the FPV range ONLY.
At these distances, Line Of Sight is not relevant (that is... having just an RC control uplink by itself). Both links (FPV WiFi video downlink on 2.4ghz and RC control uplink on 5.8ghz) have to be maintained. The first one that drops is your max "pilot" control range.

Boosting power on the video downlink with limited RC control uplink power will still add value increasing the video downlink Quality of Service.

By serial number you mean the actual serial number or the IMEI?

garrock said:
At these distances, Line Of Sight is not relevant (that is... having just an RC control uplink by itself). Both links (FPV WiFi video downlink on 2.4ghz and RC control uplink on 5.8ghz) have to be maintained. The first one that drops is your max "pilot" control range.

Boosting power on the video downlink with limited RC control uplink power will still add value increasing the video downlink Quality of Service.
It is not necessarily true that the flight control link fails before the video downlink on a stock P2V Plus. The transmission power was designed by DJI to be roughly equal. On a number of occasions I have lost the video without losing flight control. One time was at 3500 feet, which was a little freaky because I have the bottom position of S1 set to manual, not to RTH. I am not a big fan of turning off the RC. I gave it some additional altitude for a few seconds, then switched to Home Lock, intending to bring it back far enough to regain the FPV.

That's not what happened, though. HL did not "take" and I actually flew the bird further away, until control connection was lost, and RTH was triggered. I know this only from watching the video after the fact.

can someone tell me whether the wifi extender box should be facing the drone or straight up in the air (for distance flights). i'm getting mixed results.
i have a 8dbi antenna facing horizontally (on the wifi extender), should the tx antenna face vertically or horizontally paralleling (but behind) the 8dbi antenna attached to the wifi box. i seem to lose connection on both at the same time

Bigbells said:
Because someone is bound to ask:

No, the V+ Booster app does NOT increase the control range for flying your Phantom 2 Vision Plus. The results above might lead you to think so, but that would be an incorrect conclusion. The V+ Booster app increases the FPV range ONLY.

Jimmyckchan, I sure would like to know what your range is when using just the V+ Booster app and the 14dbi panel. I assume that when you used the 14dbi panel without the V+ Booster app, you lost FPV but still had flying control. I ordered one of the 14dbi panels yesterday.
I believe most of V+ Booster users knowing it's for Wifi FPV only, as I stated in FAQ of the first post Q5.

neoneo said:
can someone tell me whether the wifi extender box should be facing the drone or straight up in the air (for distance flights). i'm getting mixed results.
i have a 8dbi antenna facing horizontally (on the wifi extender), should the tx antenna face vertically or horizontally paralleling (but behind) the 8dbi antenna attached to the wifi box. i seem to lose connection on both at the same time
Can you post a picture of your setup? It's easier to let us understand your setting.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart