FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

can you post a link to info on how to upgrade the antenna on the phantom vision +?

FPVLR said:
bobg said:
can you post a link to info on how to upgrade the antenna on the phantom vision +?

This video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bbF77Y1KTE

minute 3:07 onward.

He asked about the Vision Plus, it is FAR easier to mod the Plus as the antennas and radio are inside the body. Just unplug the patch antennas and attach pinwheels, but with the booster app there is almost no point in messing with the model!

I wad talking about the rc antennas on the phantom. The app only works on the fpv.

bobg said:
I wad talking about the rc antennas on the phantom. The app only works on the fpv.

I see, as PVFlyer posted, a simple 11 or 14db patch for the TX will take you out to 3km on the control side. Still no need to modify the model.

FPVLR said:
13 dBi Yagi 5.8 is being tested on spectrum analyzer, trying to keep it as small as possible.
This is Linear Polarized and will kill all those patches without worrying about weight and size and without changing the stock phantom antenna.

The RHCP 5.8 helicals are still better if you plan on upgrading to a 5.8 GHz pinwheel on the copter, no question about that for 2 reasons:

1: lower noise floor from the LHCP 2.4 on board the aircraft
2: no losses in all attitudes of the copter, unline LP you can bank left and right , and tip forward and back and there will be no dB lost due to cross polarization mismatch.

CP is still the winner when it comes to rf transmission from Flying objects, just people need to install CP also on the aircraft, in order to have full range + the benefits I just mentioned above.

If you want to keep the Phantom with stock antennas then LP will be better.

Tony from FPVLR.
13dBi Yagi 5.8 sounds very impressive. Do you have a picture for it? What's the size and weight?

It would be nice if you can design a modular base X3 foundation (without antenna) hooking to Phantom RC transmitter's handrail or somewhere. We can attach/insert 1 or 2 half-dome as we like to the foundation. We may further attach 5.8G helical, Yagi or leave it empty on our choice. This is a common way of designing computer software & hardware, and I guess this approach is also applicable on your antenna "system". With such flexible X3 foundation, people might buy various types of antenna from you for different purpose flight, like short range filming (<1km), mid-range exploring (1-3km) or long range / record breaking (>3km), etc. You can then sell a lot more antennas to our Vision/Vision+ community. I would probably buy 2 full sets for mid-range and long range.

P2V/Vision+ (and most of other copters) do not bank left/right or tilt forward/backward too much as RC plans. I guess P2V/Vision+ bank/tilt max 30-degree and probably only 1-2 dB signal loss on 5.8G control link, unless flying very high altitude. Thus IMHO, I don't see too much benefit on modding 5.8G CP antenna for control link, but adding extra weight on the aircraft for sure.

PVFlyer said:
It would be nice if you can design a modular base X3 foundation (without antenna) hooking to Phantom RC transmitter's handrail or somewhere. We can attach/insert 1 or 2 half-dome as we like to the foundation. We may further attach 5.8G helical, Yagi or leave it empty on our choice. This is a common way of designing computer software & hardware, and I guess this approach is also applicable on your antenna "system". With such flexible X3 foundation, people might buy various types of antenna from you for different purpose flight, like short range filming (<1km), mid-range exploring (1-3km) or long range / record breaking (>3km), etc. You can then sell a lot more antennas to our Vision/Vision+ community. I would probably buy 2 full sets for mid-range and long range.

Exactly. a platform with a modular approach to adding antennas is what I'm looking for. I do not even want it limited to mounting on the transmitter, as I would like to be able to attach various comfigurations to a tracking base and have long thin leads which hook to the transmitter.

So I have a 3 day weekend coming up where I am going to hopefully do a lot of flying of my PV2+. I am waiting for the Android release of the FPV booster but if it is not released I might give in and go buy a Apple iDevice to use instead. Yes, I want to use this software that bad! :lol: I wonder if there is any ETA for the Android version? Like days, weeks, or months?

vjdave said:
So I have a 3 day weekend coming up where I am going to hopefully do a lot of flying of my PV2+. I am waiting for the Android release of the FPV booster but if it is not released I might give in and go buy a Apple iDevice to use instead. Yes, I want to use this software that bad! :lol: I wonder if there is any ETA for the Android version? Like days, weeks, or months?
Are you serious "want to use this software that bad! :lol:"? The FAQ in the first post, I indicated to target June timeframe ETA for Android version. We maybe able to start Android beta in the coming weekend. My dev buddy is putting the codes together for beta testing shortly.

PVFlyer said:
vjdave said:
Are you serious "want to use this software that bad! :lol:"? The FAQ in the first post, I indicated to target June timeframe ETA for Android version. We maybe able to start Android beta in the coming weekend. My dev buddy is putting the codes together for beta testing shortly.

Yippee sooooo looking forward to it, can't wait :D

d

FPVLR said:
I have the 17 dBi version but it's too directional,
the 13 dbi is just like it and shorter.
Look at this picture on the left, that's the 17 dBi.
The 17 dBi Yagi is bulky and even longer than 12 turns helical, which looks like holding a Magnum Revolver. What's the size/length of the 13 dBi Yagi? My 14 dBi patch seems a lot slimmer comparing to 17 dBi Yagi.

Android V+ Booster Beta Testing

We are about to start Android version V+ Booster beta testing on the coming weekend/Sunday. The app will only support Android 4.0 or above.

For those willing to be beta testers of the V+ Booster, you may prepare/require the followings:
1. Own an Android device running 4.0 or above;
2. Willing to take risk;
3. Comfortable to fly 1-2KM range by FPV, which will be definitely way out of sight;
4. Likely to outfly 5.8G control link (around 1200m) and trigger RTH. You need to check your RC transmitter in FCC mode;
5. Willing to share your range test results regardless good or bad, including (1) Vision app Preview Quality - avoid using 640x480 30fps due to DJI VISION app issue, (2) rural/sub-urban/urban area, (3) before/after boosted FPV range and altitude;
6. Please PM the serial number of your Android device(s) running 4.0 or above.

Re: Android V+ Booster Beta Testing

PVFlyer said:
We are about to start Android version V+ Booster beta testing on the coming weekend/Sunday. The app will only support Android 4.0 or above.

For those willing to be beta testers of the V+ Booster, you may prepare/require the followings:
2. Willing to take risk;
3. Comfortable to fly 1-2KM range by FPV, which will be definitely way out of sight;
4. Likely to outfly 5.8G control link (around 1200m) and trigger RTH;
5. Willing to share your range test results regardless good or bad, including (1) Vision app Preview Quality - avoid using 640x480 30fps due to DJI VISION app issue, (2) rural/sub-urban/urban area, (3) before/after boosted FPV range and altitude;

PM Sent

Re: Android V+ Booster Beta Testing

PVFlyer said:

2. Willing to take risk;
4. Likely to outfly 5.8G control link (around 1200m) and trigger RTH;

PM sent :mrgreen:

D

how do you get the serial number from a nexus 7 tablet? i went to "About" but dont see a serial number.

tizzl10 said:
how do you get the serial number from a nexus 7 tablet? i went to "About" but dont see a serial number.
Settings > About phone/About tablet > Status > Serial number

LMC said:
tizzl10 said:

lol..im blind as a bat..thanks.

LMC said:
tizzl10 said:

lol..im blind as a bat..thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart