FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

Bigbells said:
PVFlyer said:
If you lost control signal at 4400ft, the app could not help to boost your control range.
I really don't know how I could state it more clearly than I already have done. The app does not boost my control range, and I have never made any statement that indicates that I thought it did. The app does not improve my control range and I know that.

I think they are just misreading your statement.

Bigbells said:
PVFlyer said:
If you lost control signal at 4400ft, the app could not help to boost your control range.
I really don't know how I could state it more clearly than I already have done. The app does not boost my control range, and I have never made any statement that indicates that I thought it did. The app does not improve my control range and I know that.

If it makes you feel any better, I was on the same page as you.. :) Alas, I must admit I did kind of chuckle when I saw the communication start to derail, however.. :twisted:

PVFlyer said:
Bigbells said:
PVFlyer said:
Are you able to test another flight path? Any chance there is some sort of 2.4G interference at such 4400' distance? What Preview Quality did you use? Did you lose control signal at 4400'?
Yes, I lost the 5.8Ghz control signal, not the 2.4Ghz video signal. The direction I went is consistently my best (greatest distance) direction from my current location. I'm thinking it's possible that I could increase the distance by locating myself and my take-off point further "back" on that same flight path. I'll be sure to brag about it if that happens, lol.
If you refer to FAQ section Q5. in the OP, I stated below:
------------------------------
Q5. Does it boost 5.8G control link?
NO. This V+ Booster app only boosts 2.4G Wi-Fi video connection (FPV) while the 5.8G control link remains the same.
------------------------------
If you lost control signal at 4400ft, the app could not help to boost your control range. You may add a 5.8G directional patch antenna to the transmitter. I get 3km+ control range with such patch.
can you post a link for your suggested: 5.8G directional patch antenna to boost the tx

PVFlyer said:
neoneo said:
can you post a link for your suggested: 5.8G directional patch antenna to boost the tx
I use both of these WITHOUT 5.8G amplifier. IMHO, they work better than LHCP/RHCP helical on stock Vision/Vision+ aircraft without LHCP/RHCP antenna mod on the aircraft.
11dBi 45-degree beam width http://www.amazon.com/JMT-High-gain-Ant ... B00FGLBA1G
14dBi 35-degree beam width http://www.amazon.com/Docooler-Antenna- ... B00JIKTGJO

+1

PVFlyer, could you post a picture of your controller so we can see how and where you mount the panel antenna you mentioned above.

Also, could someone tell me which direction the range extender that's mounted above the controller should be aimed for best results.

Thanks

Zycor said:
PVFlyer, could you post a picture of your controller so we can see how and where you mount the panel antenna you mentioned above.

Also, could someone tell me which direction the range extender that's mounted above the controller should be aimed for best results.

Thanks
You may refer to my previous post of 5.8G patch antenna mount viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13496&start=240. I get 10,000ft+ control range with this 14dBi patch (without 5.8G amplifier) and P2V transmitter. I still keep my brand new P2V+ transmitter in the box. :lol:

PVFlyer said:
neoneo said:
I use both of these WITHOUT 5.8G amplifier. IMHO, they work better than LHCP/RHCP helical on stock Vision/Vision+ aircraft without LHCP/RHCP antenna mod on the aircraft.
11dBi 45-degree beam width http://www.amazon.com/JMT-High-gain-Ant ... B00FGLBA1G
14dBi 35-degree beam width http://www.amazon.com/Docooler-Antenna- ... B00JIKTGJO
do you recommend these over fpvlr's products. if so what do you recommend i use for the wifi extender. i've reached 5800+ feet and only use fpv. not control

neoneo said:
PVFlyer said:
neoneo said:
do you recommend these over fpvlr's products. if so what do you recommend i use for the wifi extender. i've reached 5800+ feet and only use fpv. not control
I personally do not own any FPVLR antenna so far though I referred a few friends buying 2.4G LHCP from them. I like the small form factor of 2.4G half-dome, and their antennas are top quality built. I'm willing to buy their X3 product but replacing 5.8G helical to vertical polarized yagi or similar if available.

I prefer to keep my Vision+ aircraft as stock to avoid adding any weight on it. Stock Vision/Vision+ aircraft 5.8G control link antennas (dual grey cables sticking on landing skid) are vertical polarized. Any LHCP or RHCP 5.8G antenna on RC transmitter matching with vertical polarized antenna on the aircraft would incur 3dB loss (50% power loss). Thus I use 5.8G linear/vertical polarized patch panel.

I have different setup for different range/purpose flight. I use stock repeater (with booster app) for <1km range. For longer range, I use my homebrew LHCP helical with Rocket M2 AP/repeater sitting on a tripod. I don't use any 2.4G/5.8G amplifier in order to stay in legal EIRP.

neoneo said:
PVFlyer said:
neoneo said:

If you want to fly over 13600ft ? See my post viewtopic.php?f=27&t=15660 :twisted:

Hello, PVFlyer.

First, congratulations on achieving what seems to be the best $9 I've ever spent on this hobby by a WIDE margin. I had a chance to try the app for the first time today, and it truly does what it claims to do and does it well. I and I'm sure many others hope that you continue to enjoy sales, and that DJI doesn't try to interfere.

What I'd like to ask, and I assume this is all possible given the nature of the methods that you must have used, to do more with the wifi. Specifically, to decode the (what I believe is unencrypted) telemetry data, including lat/long, range, alt, heading, and broadcast it via bluetooth so that other ground-based devices can query it for things like SD logging, GPS tracking and antenna tracking. All of this and more would be possible without flying ANY additional equipment.

For example, Flytrex would be rendered immediately obsolete, since even a simple Arduino could log the data right there at the operator. You could see it realtime in google maps with no need to fly it. Lose your phantom? no problem, you've got the last known good coordinates right there. Of course the booster app itself could log the data, and provide this type of info, but it would be much much more powerful if the data were made available by the booster app for other devices to query.

Just a thought, but the applications beyond range extension are enormous once that wifi data is exposed.

varmint said:
Hello, PVFlyer.

First, congratulations on achieving what seems to be the best $9 I've ever spent on this hobby by a WIDE margin. I had a chance to try the app for the first time today, and it truly does what it claims to do and does it well. I and I'm sure many others hope that you continue to enjoy sales, and that DJI doesn't try to interfere.

What I'd like to ask, and I assume this is all possible given the nature of the methods that you must have used, to do more with the wifi. Specifically, to decode the (what I believe is unencrypted) telemetry data, including lat/long, range, alt, heading, and broadcast it via bluetooth so that other ground-based devices can query it for things like SD logging, GPS tracking and antenna tracking. All of this and more would be possible without flying ANY additional equipment.

For example, Flytrex would be rendered immediately obsolete, since even a simple Arduino could log the data right there at the operator. You could see it realtime in google maps with no need to fly it. Lose your phantom? no problem, you've got the last known good coordinates right there. Of course the booster app itself could log the data, and provide this type of info, but it would be much much more powerful if the data were made available by the booster app for other devices to query.

Just a thought, but the applications beyond range extension are enormous once that wifi data is exposed.
Glad to know you like the app. Can you post a short review to App Store and share your experience? I really hope ALL V+Booster users can do the same to help my developer buddy.

Retrieving GPS & telemetry data is a bit tricky. We built a prototype on P2V around 3 months ago and setup a proxy in Rocket M2 AP to replace stock repeater, then log and decode GPS data into a thumb drive into XML file. The XML file can be loaded into Google Earth showing 3D flight path. This is doable theoretically, but we just don't have time to drill down into details. There are so many items in my wish list, and hope we can finish them one-by-one.

Hello,

So I have been using the app for a few days and works great but I just had a weird occurrence where my screen said "Network time out" I was flying around 2000 feet out over water and about 200' high & lost all FPV just instantly. I have never seen this happen without using the APP. Luckily RTH worked and it finally came back with like 8% battery left ... Just wondering what could have caused this?

PVFlyer said:
Peter089 said:
So I did it. I have wifi connection and see the video. I try it a few times delete your app and Dji reinstall it. Maybe the problem is the JB
Can you PM me your iPhone4's UDID? I will send you a link to download a fix and check whether it fixes your problem.

Thank you for your fix and help. It works :D :D :D

midwestjeff said:
Hello,

So I have been using the app for a few days and works great but I just had a weird occurrence where my screen said "Network time out" I was flying around 2000 feet out over water and about 200' high & lost all FPV just instantly. I have never seen this happen without using the APP. Luckily RTH worked and it finally came back with like 8% battery left ... Just wondering what could have caused this?
Sounds weird. Which app (V+Booster or VISION) did you get "Network time out" message? If it's from VISION app, what version are you using? What Preview Quality did you use? Did you see something odd before lost FPV, such as video glitch?

Kudos PVFlyer on all the work you've done on this app!
I just have a quick question before I purchase it.

I'm sorry if you have already answered this question but I don't see an answer to it in the notes for the app.
In order to achieve the great distances this app provides I presume I first need to set the greater limits in the firmware via the PT2 application - correct?

If I need to articulate the question better please let me know.

thanks

Jordan McC said:
Kudos PVFlyer on all the work you've done on this app!
I just have a quick question before I purchase it.

I'm sorry if you have already answered this question but I don't see an answer to it in the notes for the app.
In order to achieve the great distances this app provides I presume I first need to set the greater limits in the firmware via the PT2 application - correct?

If I need to articulate the question better please let me know.

thanks
The longest range achieved by a beta tester in the OP summary is "1. tizzl10: 7,037ft / 2,145m – 640@15fps (5.8G control signal dropped & triggered RTH)" in rural area. You may set 2-3km radius in Phantom Assistance software. However, your FPV range may vary mainly depending on 2.4G RF noise/interference, Preview Quality and 5.8G control range.

I suggest you to read the FAQ in the OP to learn more.

mr_3_0_5 said:
Do you still have plans to up the preview quality?
Yes, we have found a simple way to set higher resolution of preview quality, but it would not get through Apple's approval for sure, maybe work for Android. We have been exploring a way more complicated approach. Stay tuned!

midwestjeff said:
Hello,

how did you activated RTH ? you only lost FPV ? backed at 8% battery left, means that you were distance of 2000 ft away with less than 30% battery capacity over water :roll:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor