FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

tizzl10 said:
LMC said:
Over 13600ft(4.2KM) screenshot.
14179810196_c9abc8eb19_z.jpg

what antenna are you using to get this control range??
Fpvlr 5.8 8 turn with 1w sunhuns booster.
Fpvlr 2.4 6.5 turn with 2.5w sunhuns booster.

Re: Software Boosted Vision+ DOUBLE FPV Range

PVFlyer said:
May I know how many of you are using Android or iDevice? How many of you using both Android and iDevice?

A. iOS device only
B. Android device only
C. Both iOS and Android device

I would pick "C", as I use iPhone and HTC as my phones, I use Nexus 7 for flying Vision+, and use iPad3 for web surfing.

Such information would help us to prioritize the resources on development.

I use both. The I Phone and A sum sung tablet
Cant seem to find this app in the Playstore though??
I bought the IOS version.. bargain at the price, and will happily buy the Android version if I can find it??
Great work.
This takes my range well beyond what I require. Cant wait to hook up my Ziess Goggles and experience true FPV

LMC said:
tizzl10 said:
LMC said:

Does the booster increase beam width as well? If so, how much? I have a 5.8 Helix with 4.25 turns....

LMC said:
tizzl10 said:
LMC said:
14179810196_c9abc8eb19_z.jpg

got ya..guess I need to order my 1w sunhans booster then..thanks.

Thanks to all the guys who developed and tested this app.
I have purchased it for my I Phone and can't wait to get out and fly.

Only question is.. when can we expect to find it in the Andriod Playstore?

mtpisgah said:
i have iphone5s, ipod mini, and ipad...i can use it anytime when my family is not, except my phone. so, do i have to buy and pay one of each if i want to continue the way it is now. :?:

3 x $8.99 = $26.97 :oops:
If you use the same Apple ID to login App Store for all your iDevices, you only need to pay once.

For all 5.8G antenna mod pilots, Vision/Vision+ aircraft 5.8G control link antennas (dual grey cables sticking on landing skid) are vertical polarized. Any LHCP or RHCP 5.8G antenna on RC transmitter matching with vertical polarized antenna on the aircraft would incur 3dB loss (50% power loss). I use vertical polarized 5.8G small patch panels as shown, 14dBi with 35-degree beam width (left) and 11dBi with 45-degree beam width (right). My control range can reach >10,000ft (3KM+) without amplifier if I aim the aircraft properly.

Attachments

• IMG_0398_640.jpg
    IMG_0398_640.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 435

Looks amazing! I'm wondering what is it actually boosting? The wifi power output of the iDevice? If that's the case does it work better for normal wifi signals outside of using it for a phantom? as for example you want wifi but it's weak from your access point.

**** Apple Itunes! I can't buy anything with my visa electron from the app store. Can i just pay you directly for the app and then give me a coupon or something so i can download it? i really need this and i have no other options..

nhirsch said:
Looks amazing! I'm wondering what is it actually boosting? The wifi power output of the iDevice? If that's the case does it work better for normal wifi signals outside of using it for a phantom? as for example you want wifi but it's weak from your access point.

It's all spelled out in the OP... doesn't boost the iDevice... it boosts the onboard wifi signal on the Phantom for sending long distance back to the repeater... The repeater then sends the signal to the iDevice.... The iDevice is always 6 inches away from the repeater so it needs no boost to communicate over that short distance.

people refuse to read what is clearly in front of their faces.

Great app
Works amazingly well on the iPad mini and iphone. Prior to using this app my range was less than six feet.

Any idea where the fp200 antenna is located? I haven't disassembled the p2+ as it is new and there are more issues. I am trying to get a replacement.

I like the camera but they need to time lapse stills like the hero3 also takes too long to take a single frame.

Kudos

Bcook01 said:
Great appAny idea where the fp200 antenna is located? I haven't disassembled the p2+ as it is new and there are more issues. I am trying to get a replacement.

Two antenna, one vertically mounted on either side, inside of the battery compartment.

Bcook01 said:
Great app
Works amazingly well on the iPad mini and iphone. Prior to using this app my range was less than six feet.

Any idea where the fp200 antenna is located? I haven't disassembled the p2+ as it is new and there are more issues. I am trying to get a replacement.

I like the camera but they need to time lapse stills like the hero3 also takes too long to take a single frame.

Kudos

less than six feet? something is wrong there buddy!

Vortex66 said:
**** Apple Itunes! I can't buy anything with my visa electron from the app store. Can i just pay you directly for the app and then give me a coupon or something so i can download it? i really need this and i have no other options..
I'm sorry that we don't have other way to receive payment than App Store. You may borrow an Apple ID from your friend to download/buy this app, then pay back to your friend.

tizzl10 said:
Bcook01 said:
Great app

Kudos

less than six feet? something is wrong there buddy!
Either hardware problem or some 2.4G channel-1 Wifi AP/router nearby generating noise. You may try to bring the aircraft outside of your apartment/house.

I made a little video today of mine, very impressed with this app so far, just need a bit more nerve to send it further

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz8MWQ796Jw[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor