FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Software Boosted Vision+ DOUBLE FPV Range

PVFlyer said:
The iOS version had been submitted to Apple.......

This is great news! I'd have no interest in Jail Breaking my iphone or ipad.

I am impressed and sold after my range improvement from 2,000 ft to 3.500 ft (in a high wifi residential area). Very appreciative of your efforts and those of your friend. I understand that he doesn't do this for a living, but if priced appropriately, this may be a money maker. Price it high enough to make it worthwhile and low enough to attract the masses.

PVFlyer said:
Alib said:
well, it definatly works :)

i took mine out this morning. stock setup, i got out to 950m before loosing wifi connection,then i launched the app, and took out to 1300m at about 50m high. and still had signal. then i got scared because it was quite windy, and decided to come home :p
Well done, Alib! What Preview Quality did you use for 950m and 1300m? I'm gathering test results to prepare a summary.
640 @15fps

bit worried about the issues people have had at 30fps, so not used it at all.

mem_ny said:
The app is remarkable.

Just did my first test with stock RE700 repeater, stock P2V+, and Tony's 3.5 turn antenna for the 5.8 RC.

Clear day over residential neighborhood in Northport NY.
FPV at 320x240 30 fps
Altitude 450 ft for unboosted and boosted test.

Unboosted FVP distance was 2,050 ft.
Boosted FVP distance was 3,620 ft.

Result was 75% Increase over stock range extender.

Considering all the time I've spent with antennas and mod's, it's very significant that FPV range can be increased 75% by a software update.

I have yet to modify my P2V+ RE700 repeater but will do so this week so I can add Tony's half sphere and alternatively Will's Super Plus Pilot end (with 2 FPV antennas).

Should be able to reach 1 full mile FPV without altering the P2V+. I was never comfortable with the antennas on the bird itself.

Not sure yet what the problems may be with the app upgrade, but clearly, it works!!!

I'll be in line to purchase it.
Good job, mem_ny! You may further test in rural area and set higher resolution 640@15fps. You should be able to go longer range with better FPV experience.

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

I would like to summarize the FPV range test results so far from our beta testers below. All beta tests were conducted with stock (un-modded) Vision+ aircraft and RE700 repeater.

1. tizzl10: 5,642ft / 1,720m – 640@30f (5.8G control signal dropped & triggered RTH)
2. LMC: 6,058ft / 1,847m – 640@15 (FPV connection broken)
3. mem_ny: 3,620ft / 1,104m – 320@30 (in high Wifi residential area)
4. Alib: 4,264ft / 1300m – 640@15 (scary to go farther)

If you have achieved better range, please keep me posted. I will keep updating the above list upon received further test results, and update them to the first post of this thread as a summary for easy reading.

28rcyt0.jpg

new one. ha.

i actually moved the tx antenna and got control back, but didnt go further. maybe next time when theres less wind. :D

6,000 feet distance @ lowest preview setting. my weak link remains to be the control of the aircraft. I have to come up with a better control solution.

Attachments

• 6kfeet.jpg
    6kfeet.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 404

drmgcm69 said:
PVFlyer said:
drmgcm69 said:
PVFlyer,,

Any idea when we will be able to try out the Android version?

Cheers

D
The iOS version had been submitted to Apple. My friend is working hard on the Android version every evening. I don't want to push him too hard, you know man, he does not develop apps for living.

Hey no worries man :D just curious is all ;)

D

What is the IOS app named?

At what price is it put in the app store and yeah the name?

I'd love to give it a shot. What's the name and price! Cool stuff!

tizzl10 said:
6,000 feet distance @ lowest preview setting. my weak link remains to be the control of the aircraft. I have to come up with a better control solution.
It seems your 5.8G patch was not aiming to the aircraft according to the radar icon when you captured the screen. This 5.8G 14dBi patch (like any other high gain antenna) is with narrow beam width about 35-degree (at 3dB loss). It means if you aim to the direction right in front of you at 12 o'clock, the beam width covers left 17.5-degree and right 17.5-degree. It's somewhere around from 11:30 to 12:30, which is pretty narrow and you need steady hands to hold the transmitter. It doesn't mean you would drop the control signal even you fly out of such 35-degree, but the signal is a lot weaker when your bird is far away.

You may try some transmitter neck strap and balancer, such as http://www.ebay.com/itm/Futaba-RC-N...m-Walkera-Devo-Helicopter-Plane-/291133866507 and http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Al...Radio_Controlled_Vehicles&hash=item4180945af6. These little widgets help me to hold the transmitter steadily for 20 minutes, especially I use a heavier 7" tablet.

PVFlyer said:
tizzl10 said:
It seems your 5.8G patch was not aiming to the aircraft according to the radar icon when you captured the screen. This 5.8G 14dBi patch (like any other high gain antenna) is with narrow beam width about 35-degree (at 3dB loss). It means if you aim to the direction right in front of you at 12 o'clock, the beam width covers left 17.5-degree and right 17.5-degree. It's somewhere around from 11:30 to 12:30, which is pretty narrow and you need steady hands to hold the transmitter. It doesn't mean you would drop the control signal even you fly out of such 35-degree, but the signal is a lot weaker when your bird is far away.

You may try some transmitter neck strap and balancer, such as http://www.ebay.com/itm/Futaba-RC-N...m-Walkera-Devo-Helicopter-Plane-/291133866507 and http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Al...Radio_Controlled_Vehicles&hash=item4180945af6. These little widgets help me to hold the transmitter steadily for 20 minutes, especially I use a heavier 7" tablet.

oh, dont pay attention to the radar. i took it off the mount and turned the phone sideways to get the screenshot. the antenna was pointing directly at the aircraft prior to that.

PVFlyer said:
I would like to summarize the FPV range test results so far from our beta testers below. All beta tests were conducted with stock (un-modded) Vision+ aircraft and RE700 repeater.

1. tizzl10: 5,642ft / 1,720m – 640@30f (5.8G control signal dropped & triggered RTH)

If you have achieved better range, please keep me posted. I will keep updating the above list upon received further test results, and update them to the first post of this thread as a summary for easy reading.
I got 5384 feet stock at 320x240 15fps. the pic is here: https://www.facebook.com/NeomayaDeJesusDavila
i still cant find software to shrink photos to fit this websites limit. so i post them on fb and share the link.

neoneo said:
PVFlyer said:

I got 5384 feet stock at 320x240 15fps. the pic is here: https://www.facebook.com/NeomayaDeJesusDavila
i still cant find software to shrink photos to fit this websites limit. so i post them on fb and share the link.

i just open the picture with Paint and resize to 47% and save it to my desktop. im sure others have better ways but this works for me.

Had to go out I town as soon as I got the app
I will post some results on Wednesday when I get back home

LMC said:
I order a 5.8G wifi 1W booster now. Hope p2v+ can catch my p2 distance( over 4KM) :twisted:

i cannot find a single vendor stateside that has this sunhans 5.8ghz 1w booster.. all overseas..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart