FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

ToddSmi said:
PVFlyer, pretty cool that you are already in beta for v2 of the booster. Sounds like you may already have your hands full, but was just wondering if you hit any snags in the concept of re-enabling 7th channel control via an app, or if you just haven't had a chance to experiment with this yet. I know lots of folks are curious about this as dronexpert.dl just started their first shipments of their $140 solution, but many would prefer to wait to see if you can come up with something first - assuming its still a plausible solution and that you still intend to pursue it. If you don't think it's realistic at this time, that's totally understandable as well - just let us know what your current thoughts are on 7th channel. Really appreciate how you conduct yourself on this thread and am enjoying the booster app very much!
Chatted with my dev. buddy yesterday, he has been working hard every evening to develop a framework to re-enable channel 7. It will take another 7-10 evenings to finish coding of the framework per my estimation. Once we finish the framework, channel 7 is just a small part of the game, and we can do a lot more with the framework for more fun. We could get this done sooner with a quick-and-dirty way without the framework, but we prefer to go for a comprehensive approach.

canerakcil said:
PVFlyer said:
canerakcil said:
wow that's incredible. I am a new owner of vision+ (ex phantom v1 owner) i don't have the recent version of your app but now i am waiting for the booster pro app for android, it is great.. It is scary to see +12.000 feet distance but awsome.
Welcome to Vision+ family. 12,000ft FPV range is just beginning of FPV Booster Pro beta. We have been working on a new beta with 8 levels of interference control. It should get FPV to further range.

We will also upgrade the current version booster app to V2.0 and apply certain level of interference control to V2.0. Stay tuned! :D

Thanks man that's amazing, i will buy the new app when it is available..

How do the pilots reach this distance with stock 800m range transmitter? Do you modify the tx/rx?
Many of our long range flyers modded the controller with a 5.8G patch panel antenna to reach 3km+. You may take a look the links under my signature.

PVFlyer said:
ToddSmi said:
PVFlyer, pretty cool that you are already in beta for v2 of the booster. Sounds like you may already have your hands full, but was just wondering if you hit any snags in the concept of re-enabling 7th channel control via an app, or if you just haven't had a chance to experiment with this yet. I know lots of folks are curious about this as dronexpert.dl just started their first shipments of their $140 solution, but many would prefer to wait to see if you can come up with something first - assuming its still a plausible solution and that you still intend to pursue it. If you don't think it's realistic at this time, that's totally understandable as well - just let us know what your current thoughts are on 7th channel. Really appreciate how you conduct yourself on this thread and am enjoying the booster app very much!
Chatted with my dev. buddy yesterday, he has been working hard every evening to develop a framework to re-enable channel 7. It will take another 7-10 evenings to finish coding of the framework per my estimation. Once we finish the framework, channel 7 is just a small part of the game, and we can do a lot more with the framework for more fun. We could get this done sooner with a quick-and-dirty way without the framework, but we prefer to go for a comprehensive approach.

Thanks for the update! Sounds very interesting. Keep us posted on progress when you can :cool:

PVFlyer said:
ToddSmi said:

My curiosity is peaked now, what more fun could be in store???

RemE said:
There are many items in our to-do list, but the bottleneck is on my dev buddy. These feasible items are:
- 720p HD FPV, but expect shorter FPV range, heavier processor loading on both aircraft & phone/tablet with such resolution;
- Take photo every few seconds (like GoPro camera) even Wifi connection dropped during waypoint navigation;
- Yawing aircraft/camera during waypoint navigation, this is harder to achieve but I think it's doable;

You may also propose any funny/useful features with your imagination.

I can even think of a naughty app called "Steal your vision in 10 seconds". Don't worry, we might just build a prototype for fun, and not going to sell it for sure.

PVFlyer said:
RemE said:
There are many items in our to-do list, but the bottleneck is on my dev buddy. These feasible items are:
- 720p HD FPV, but expect shorter FPV range, heavier processor loading on both aircraft & phone/tablet with such resolution;
- Take photo every few seconds (like GoPro camera) even Wifi connection dropped during waypoint navigation;
- Yawing aircraft/camera during waypoint navigation, this is harder to achieve but I think it's doable;

You may also propose any funny/useful features with your imagination.

I can even think of a naughty app called "Steal your vision in 10 seconds". Don't worry, we might just build a prototype for fun, and not going to sell it for sure.

Wow, very ambitious...I like all those ideas! In case you want any feedback to help with prioritization, I believe by far the most popular of the new features you are considering will be the 7th channel enablement and the yawing of aircraft during waypoint navigation (I hadn't even considered that as being a possibility - wow). Both of these are talked about incessantly on the rcgroups threads. You and your friend have already made a great name for yourselves, but IMHO, if you could pull off either of those 2 features it would take you to the superstar level! :D

OMG, yaw during waypoint nav!!! I agree, you do the 7th Ch and Yaw in GS along with boosting and WiFi security and you can easily (and rightfully) ask for some real money for this app, I would pay $50 or more for that capability.

Definitely heading for Rock Star status!

RemE said:
OMG, yaw during waypoint nav!!! I agree, you do the 7th Ch and Yaw in GS along with boosting and WiFi security and you can easily (and rightfully) ask for some real money for this app, I would pay $50 or more for that capability.

Definitely heading for Rock Star status!
Oh, I never expect to make real money on this app. We build these tiny features mainly for fun and prototyping of a future UAS project.

I assume the 7th channel feature implementation would simply allow us to purchase the cheap component that gets installed on the under side of the controller and your feature would enable it? So instead of paying $100 for this through Drone Expert we can basically implement it with a $10 lever kit?

There's nothing wrong with the actual hardware that prevents channel 7 use. DJI intentionally (and IMO, very disrespectfully) went out of their way to disable the functionality by way of the Vision application (not the firmware per-se). This is why the 7th channel works fine up until the moment the Vision app comes online. They're probably spamming the channel with the value of the software slider, even when the slider isn't being moved on the display.

"DroneExpert" OTOH, is trying to swat a fly with a sledge hammer. Adding unnecessary hardware (weight) and expense to do a job that really "only" requires some talented reverse-engineering of the DJI app. Kudos to Tony if he gets it working.

varmint said:
There's nothing wrong with the actual hardware that prevents channel 7 use. DJI intentionally (and IMO, very disrespectfully) went out of their way to disable the functionality by way of the Vision application (not the firmware per-se). This is why the 7th channel works fine up until the moment the Vision app comes online. They're probably spamming the channel with the value of the software slider, even when the slider isn't being moved on the display.

"DroneExpert" OTOH, is trying to swat a fly with a sledge hammer. Adding unnecessary hardware (weight) and expense to do a job that really "only" requires some talented reverse-engineering of the DJI app. Kudos to Tony if he gets it working.
DJI disabling channel 7 is likely due to avoid conflict with app tilting. I'm unsure what will happen if channel 7 lever tilting down but Vision app tilting up at the same time. Let's see how it goes. :cool:

srandall25 said:
I assume the 7th channel feature implementation would simply allow us to purchase the cheap component that gets installed on the under side of the controller and your feature would enable it? So instead of paying $100 for this through Drone Expert we can basically implement it with a $10 lever kit?

Good assumption. On my Vision non plus, making the 7th channel work was just a software hack and a $10 lever that attached to the pot on the back of the controller.
Sadly that software hack does not work on the Plus.

I am actively holding my breath for PVflyer to come up with an iPhone hack the way he did with the range booster to make my 7th channel work.

THANK YOU PVflyer.

Here's something I just posted in the RCG Vision+ thread;

I have been testing the next gen RangeBooster app. While doing it I discovered a very repeatable issue with the Drone Expert 7th Channel Tilt Mod, very odd.

We know (confirmed by DE) that if the TX tilt lever is moved before the Vision app is running, that the gimbal acts erratically.

I found that when using the new Ground Station waypoint page in the Vision App, that I could setup waypoints but the mission would NOT run, Just get a busy indicator followed by an error message "Mission Upload Failed, Check Network" (I thought it was because of the range booster app, but no!)

If I power everything off, power back up and DO NOT TOUCH the TX Tilt Lever, that the GS Missions work perfectly. If I move the TX lever to tilt the camera, missions no longer will load. This has been verified by another user as well.

Also, once the Tx lever is used in flight, there seems to be periodic loss of height, distance, speed. They will randomly show N/A then return.

Can some of you please test this with the model on the ground, with props off. It's easy to test this way,
1- Power up outside, NO Props, don't touch TX tilt lever.
2- Run the App, goto GS page, set a few points
3- press GO and the model should immediately spin up motors
4- flip S1 to atti (to cancel mission) and then back to GPS, hold throttle full down to stop motors.
5- Exit GS page, move TX tilt lever and verify camera tilting.
6- go back to GS set waypoints, start mission
7- on mine the mission will no longer load, every time.

There seems to be more to this 7th channel than meets the eye! Now we really need this capability done here if possible!

Hey guys I bought the V+ booster app for android on an HTC one M8 which the app had always worked well on and it has made my connection behave weird now. Cuts in and out it seems like is there any way to reset the WiFi or am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

brorex said:
Hey guys I bought the V+ booster app and it has made my connection behave weird now. Cuts in and out it seems like is there any way to reset the WiFi or am I doing something wrong?

The booster app only changes a setting in the Vision. This setting resets to normal when you power the Vision down, there is no permanent change made by this app.

brorex said:
Hey guys I bought the V+ booster app for android on an HTC one M8 which the app had always worked well on and it has made my connection behave weird now. Cuts in and out it seems like is there any way to reset the WiFi or am I doing something wrong?

Can you test again WITHOUT running the booster app? FYI, the booster app does not change anything permanently on your aircraft. Once you power cycle the aircraft, all settings are reset to default value.

Yes I will try again thanks guys I may just have a lot of interference around me the couple times I tried

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West