Footage taken during a Hobby Flight...

"But officer, I only just found this here can, how wuz I to know it was that full of worms..." I think I'll just keep my footage to myself, unless of course the Parks folks are willing to pay for me to take the part 107 test. As for YouTube, I've got zero interest in uploading anything to it, but have learned lots from the videos of people who should not allowed to have Sharp Objects in their hands, let alone "Drones"...

I'd offer them any "existing" work you have now and then work on getting your Part 107 in the near future.

Anything you've "already gathered" as a hobbyist is free game to give away or even sell. Going forward you'll be hard pressed to claim "hobbyist" though.

This has come up a few times before; I think if you search for "furtherance of a business" you'll get some results. Basically, if you're flying because you're doing something that will contribute to a business, even if you aren't getting directly compensated, it'll need to be under part 107.

That said, if you film something under hobby rules, and afterward decide to end up selling or giving it away, the FAA isn't likely to bust down your door and demand your UAS from you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna