Flying over US stadiums on non game days

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of YouTube videos where people are flying over United States stadiums either football or baseball stadiums with no problem I live in Chicago and I my DJI Go app will not allow me to fly over Soldier Field Comiskey Park or Wrigley Field even on non game days in the middle of winter when those stadiums aren't going to be used for months how are these other people able to do it with their DJI drones. one guy said his Maverick was able to turn off the geofencing. I have the p3s

I haven't used it but there's a feature where you can put your credit card in and it will temporarily unlock for you. I'm not sure of the specifics but perhaps this will help you get further to your answer.

Is your firmware current? One of the last updates removed a bunch of old unused airports and previously NFZ's from the restrictions.

No it's not current... I don't want to give my credit card for a temporary 24hr unlock

I haven't used it but there's a feature where you can put your credit card in and it will temporarily unlock for you. I'm not sure of the specifics but perhaps this will help you get further to your answer.

Do you mean the drone itself? They come with credit card slots? :D

Reactions: Othan1
No it's not current... I don't want to give my credit card for a temporary 24hr unlock
You don't have to use a CC. There are other options they have to validate you.
I believe a mobile number will work where they text you.
Once validated, you can use the site to generate an offline authorization code or if you have internet in the field, you can authorize right from the app.

Reactions: Roccot312
There are three nfz on the dji geo.
* Green (warning zone) unlock not needed
*Yellow ( authorization zone) unlocked by credit card or cell#
* Red ( restricted zone) which it says is unable to be unlocked.
And my problem is all MLB AND NFL stadiums are restricted zones , but there are plenty of new videos posted in 2017 of dji drones fly over EMPTY stadium how do they do it

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl