Flying over festivals?

Reaction score
Was thinking about flying over lollapalooza music festival in Chicago. I was there yesterday and i think some aerial footage would looks pretty cool. Just curious if this would be legal? I dont plan on getting close to the crowds or anything and am hoping to have it high enough where its not too noticeable. And i would be flying it from outside the festival. Also do you think that many people in such a small place with all their cell phones and stuff would interfere with the quad or fpv?

There was an outdoor concert here last month, 2 people were trying to fly over it with P2's and gopros. One of the event security had a 2.4ghz signal (totally illegal, although so was the flying by IAA rules) and he was causing havoc with them, they just kept going into RTH mode. I dont think it would be illegal in your neck of the woods unless there is some sort of no fly zone restrictions?

I fly over festivals all the time but you'll need promoters'/venues approval, misc acts/bands approval and local authorities. Most will allow you as long as you practice safety and ensure them of that and it takes pre planning as you're bound to get a "NO" by just showing up and proposing the idea.

You'll also have to be cautious of how close you fly towards stage - bands' wireless mics will interfere with RF - my demo -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvNUzi5 ... VSNdmm127A

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl