Flying in another country

Reaction score
Hello fellow drone pilots,I am from the US New York to be specific and i was just wondering if i am able to fly my dji phantom in Poland ? I will be going on vacation in a few months and i have no idea were to check for the answers.Is there anyone from Poland that would know? I dont want to get it taken away or get in any trouble.I once took a picture of a police officer in poland and he nearly made me delete it or was going to take my camera.Thanks for all the help

krsdj1 said:
Hello fellow drone pilots,I am from the US New York to be specific and i was just wondering if i am able to fly my dji phantom in Poland ? I will be going on vacation in a few months and i have no idea were to check for the answers.Is there anyone from Poland that would know? I dont want to get it taken away or get in any trouble.I once took a picture of a police officer in poland and he nearly made me delete it or was going to take my camera.Thanks for all the help

Poland is no worries ..
Just don't fly near airports and military bases

Droid said:
krsdj1 said:

Poland is no worries ..
Just don't fly near airports and military bases
Thanks for getting back to me droid,

krsdj1 said:

I had some concerns as well when I went to Singapore for the last two weeks, so I asked the DJI authorized vendor via email. They said that there are no guidelines really. In addition, I asked at Singapore Police (I was working there teaching a class). I was advised that as long as there are no people in the area it's cool. But I was also told that I may want to fly, get my pictures and move along quickly LOL...

You will probably be fine as previously stated - stay away from airports and military installations for sure. If you have time and want to be super cautious, find a police station and see if you can get some sort of guidance - just tell them you are a photographer.

I flew and had zero issues in Singapore.

Just watch which side of the road they drive on and adjust your navigational settings accordingly...

(jk)

I'm willing to bet there's a Polish Embassy somewhere in Americaland... with a web site... with an e-mail address... where you can send an enquiring e-mail to (want to visit your country and not just make regular photo/video but hope to make even more stunning ones by lifting the camera with my multicopter...).

If they tell you it's OK print it and carry it with you at all times to show any local who feels the need to interfere. If the answer is "no you can't" you're sh#t outta luck. :mrgreen:

Thank you all for the comments on my post, I'm going to have to think this out. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, it may be better to leave the drone home.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart