Fly in No Fly Zone (1.5 - 5 mi) radius

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I've switched out my ESC and ready to fly again. Thank you to everyone that helped me on that.

Today I was calibrating the compass and I saw something new. Green green green then a series of fast flashing red on the LEDs. This sequence repeated over and over, even when I would try and recalibrate. Being that I am about 3-4 miles from an international airport and my online research supports this theory, I understand this sequence is due to being within a no fly zone. I want to inquire about people's experience flying in these. I have no desire to fly above 20' or so from the ground, so I should be all good as seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoXAMRQoIAA

I'm going to retry tomorrow, maybe in the no fly zone?

I work on the very edge of a restricted fly zone, the last 10 feet of the property is in the zone. When my Phantom enters it during flight I get red flashing lights, very similar to a low battery alarm (no green lights mixed in there at all). I have not tried taking off from inside the zone to see how it behaves, but perhaps in the morning I can experiment.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl