Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Fly in No Fly Zone (1.5 - 5 mi) radius

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by voodoo, Sep 28, 2014.

1. voodoo

Hey guys,

So I've switched out my ESC and ready to fly again. Thank you to everyone that helped me on that.

Today I was calibrating the compass and I saw something new. Green green green then a series of fast flashing red on the LEDs. This sequence repeated over and over, even when I would try and recalibrate. Being that I am about 3-4 miles from an international airport and my online research supports this theory, I understand this sequence is due to being within a no fly zone. I want to inquire about people's experience flying in these. I have no desire to fly above 20' or so from the ground, so I should be all good as seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoXAMRQoIAA

I'm going to retry tomorrow, maybe in the no fly zone?

2. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

3. voodoo

Yeah I'm definitely in a no fly zone but wondering who out there has experience flying in these areas. Thanks

4. dlunk

I work on the very edge of a restricted fly zone, the last 10 feet of the property is in the zone. When my Phantom enters it during flight I get red flashing lights, very similar to a low battery alarm (no green lights mixed in there at all). I have not tried taking off from inside the zone to see how it behaves, but perhaps in the morning I can experiment.

5. voodoo

Hey thanks for the posts. We flew in the no fly zone today without any issues. I didn't go very high, as I am still learning, so there were no issues at all. Cheers!