Fly DJI Phantom 3 Proffesional without data

Reaction score
So, Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and to My drone. I have Been Flying for about an month now in GPS mode.

I am Planning a trip this summer Where i Will not have Any data connection nor wi-fi.
I just wonder, Can i fly in gps mode without Any sim card / data connection?

What happens If My drone gets disconnected while flying? As i Will not have Any data connection. Will the drone record the home location without the data plan in case of disconected so that it Can return to home?

Thank you.

Put the card in so you can take pictures. You don’t need WiFi to fly. You are only connecting to the drone. I have flown in many places without WiFi. There is most always gps unless you are flying in a steep revene.
it really returnes home just fine. If it loses connection between the remote and the aircraft it will then return home. Done it many times. Have fun.

Ps. Check the area before you go to make sure there are no fly zone’s and it is safe to fly, while you have a Wi-Fi connection .

Put the card in so you can take pictures. You don’t need WiFi to fly. You are only connecting to the drone. I have flown in many places without WiFi. There is most always gps unless you are flying in a steep revene. Have fun.
Thanks for your reply. How about recording the home point without data connection? Tried it at home today and without Any data/ wi-fi My home point doesnt get recorded for the RTH

Thanks for your reply. How about recording the home point without data connection? Tried it at home today and without Any data/ wi-fi My home point doesnt get recorded for the RTH
A data connection is not needed for the Phantom to record the home point. The AC uses its own internal GPS receiver to know where it is located and GPS has nothing to do with wifi or a data connection.

If you were outdoors with a clear view of the sky when you did your test, a home point would be recorded unless of course there is something wrong with the GPS in your Phantom and thats not likely.

Reactions: JoBe and Meta4
You do not need data only GPS. The app will say: "The home point has been recorded please check it on the map".

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor