Flight safety webinars

• Thread starter Deleted member 29014
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29014

The licensed pilots here know about the many aviation safety webinars available for pilots to refresh their aeronautical knowledge base. WARNING- a plug for responsible flyers ahead. If you are the YEEHAAH, **** the rules, full speed ahead type, stop reading now AND spare me your wise cracks.
I just completed a one hour webinar titled "Help! my brain is trying to kill me."
From the website:
"This online course examines how our unconscious mind often plays an important, and not always helpful, role in our decision making. Several psychological concepts such as heuristics and cognitive biases are discussed in a way designed to provide a practical understanding of how they affect in particular, our aeronautical decision making. Some practical mitigation strategies are also presented."

It was an excellent review on improving pilots' decision making process. The case stories alone are worth your time. I would retitle the webinar for UAV pilots to "Help! my brain is trying to kill my credit card balance:D" since we don't "fly" on our aircraft, just crash 'em.
https://genebenson.com/hf/course_intro.html

Reactions: Patrick

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen