Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Flickering video problem?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by simple2010, Aug 12, 2014.

1. simple2010

Here's a recent GPS+waypoint flight I did in Half Moon Bay, CA. I've done around a dozen flights before and haven't run into this problem. The video starts to flicker a lot at a few points in the video. Skip to 4:00 to see the problem. All of my camera settings are currently default and I'm running the latest firmware for everything.

Is this auto white balance or exposure? Or, actually a problem with the camera? Maybe the white crests of the waves threw it off?

Youtube link

2. 4wd

4wd

It's probably not the easiest scene to get auto exposure.
    It might help if you set the ISO manually - probably on 100 for that relatively bright scene.
    I doubt it was involved in this flickering but also best to set the white balance manually rather than have it potentially jumping between settings during a scene as light changes.

3. EMCSQUAR

Depending on sunlight direction sometimes you can pick up reflections off of props.

4. simple2010

I'll try switching to manual camera settings. I suppose the props could be a factor. It does seem to do it more when it's tilting to gain speed so the camera would have angled upwards. I hadn't considered the props. The other times I've flown the sky was more overcast.

Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it!

5. 4wd

4wd

I don't think it was props at least not 4 mins in - that usually needs you to be facing towards the sun and it was bright overcast.
    Besides it was the whole screen jumping between two exposure settings.