First Videos - Focus Issues?

Here are some brief video clips from my first few flights, and I have to say, the images seem a little fuzzy. I'd be interested to hear any feedback and/or things I can do to improve the image quality.

DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Videos - YouTube

Cheers.
What bird are you flying?
Edit< Dah! Advanced. My bad. What were your camera settings and speed?

The cat looks a bit big in going up....

Seriously i dont think you have a camera issue. The low light video is as expected.

The camera is good for what it is but you cant expect too much from such a small sensor, particularily at higher ISO.

look about same as my advanced mate.
mine look crystal clear in daytime and a bit grainy in evening/dusk..
i thinks thats pretty much normal for our camera mate.

Reactions: Numone
Don't fly. Set the craft on a table or something and take a still picture. Set the color options to none.
Make sure the lighting is good.
The subject should be at least 10ft away. It should also be of something that has detail. Not the plain white siding on your house or snow.
Something with lots of sharp edges so you can see if they are sharp in the image. Experiment. Take a bunch of pictures.
Then take the JPG's from the SD card and examine them.

I got my P3A 4 days ago. The 1st thing I did was test the focus. It was acceptable. I find if the still image is acceptable the video is even better.

Reactions: Numone
I recently had to send my P3P in for gimbal and camera focus issues. First off, your gimbal is working perfectly so you can be happy about that. Second, you need pictures as Trackman1 discussed. If you could take a picture of something with large letters or numbers from about 20 feet away while the phantom is completely still on a table and using auto settings that would be ideal. Test the center, and all 4 corners of the screen.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl