First Video

Need some opinions on this first effort at flying and editing this one. Good, bad, or lousy and any suggestions will be appreciated.. Harborwalk Rev.mp4
Thanks
Looks and sounds good to me. I think it is well done for sure in terms of the mechanics and color, etc. BUT.

The only opinion I might offer comes directly from a wonderful book [How to Shoot Video that Doesn't Suck by Steve Stockman - a REALLY Outstanding Guide for mere mortals!] :

Drastically shorten this.
(***EDIT***
IF this is a promotional clip; thinking so, because the name and features are emphasized in tittles)

Sounds harsh (and I can't help the name of Steve Stockman's book - it is what it is), but if this is a marketing piece, you need to whet the appetite of the viewer, not offer a meal.

Great shooting job!

Last edited:
Looks and sounds good to me. I think it is well done for sure in terms of the mechanics and color, etc. BUT.

The only opinion I might offer comes directly from a wonderful book [How to Shoot Video that Doesn't Suck by Steve Stockman - a REALLY Outstanding Guide for mere mortals!] :

Drastically shorten this.
(***EDIT***
IF this is a promotional clip; thinking so, because the name and features are emphasized in tittles)

Sounds harsh (and I can't help the name of Steve Stockman's book - it is what it is), but if this is a marketing piece, you need to whet the appetite of the viewer, not offer a meal.

Great shooting job!
Thanks Phil for taking the time to respond to my inquiry. I do appreciate your comments and am going to speed up the neighborhood turn and cut some of the marina flyover. I will check out the book.
Thanks again Roostertail

Thanks Phil for taking the time to respond to my inquiry. I do appreciate your comments and am going to speed up the neighborhood turn and cut some of the marina flyover. I will check out the book.
Thanks again Roostertail

Thank you for sharing the video! It was almost poetic. That said, take a look at your favorite TV show or commercial (hmmm "favorite" and "commercial" may not belong in the same sentence), or even a scene from a great movie. Be prepared to learn that there are virtually zero segments lasting over 4-6 seconds. Amazing! I counted nearly 200 cuts in the famous Untouchable movie train station scene in under three minutes!

Obviously, those are not fair or even intelligent comparisons, but the point is, cuts and short segments keep the interest and attention high. Also consider throwing in a couple of "B Camera" photos or video clips like maybe a person getting onto his boat, a couple having dinner with a view, or a water skier -- blended-in for just a second or two.

All the best, my friend! Keep it up with the quad.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3