First timer from DFW

Welcome! Great to see another Phantom owner in the DFW area. I'm in Benbrook. I'm still looking for a safe place to fly. I have yet to fly my Phantom 3 Standard for the first time.
We’re on a couple acres here, so I do have a little room, but my neighbors probably don’t appreciate me buzzing around up there. I put it on our HOA page that I was practicing, and not to be alarmed at the UFO.

What about flying at school? There may be fields nearby. People say over water is great.. but my luck I’d probably dive bomb right into the water. I need more practice over land first. You have Benbrook lake, if there is a park there, you could try that. Good luck and happy flying!!

Welcome Rodee34. Sure are a lot of you DFW area boys here. It would be great if you had a chance to link up, fly and learn from each other.
Thank you for the welcome! I’m not a boy though.. I just wanted to learn how to fly one of these. Our son has one for work, and it looked challenging and fun... and it is!! I hear there are groups that get together.. when I get home I’ll try to get the FB page for anyone interested.

I’m at a property waiting for Atmos Gas to come turn on the gas back on. Another tenant thought she smelled gas, and the fire Dept came and turned off the whole building this morning. This unit is vacant, and COLD!!! So I’m on my phone, iPad already died. LOL!

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
SeattleBoy- Phantom 4 is awesome. Jealous! I will ping ya soon to do some flyin! I'm at [email protected]

Dragonfly Joe- Thanks, man! I appreciate it. Will post how it goes. Are you part 107? I know it doesn't label anyone as awesome, I just want that "small chance" someday to say I made a couple bucks doing something that is awesome....in a legal way.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Dragonfly Joe- Thanks, man! I appreciate it. Will post how it goes. Are you part 107? I know it doesn't label anyone as awesome, I just want that "small chance" someday to say I made a couple bucks doing something that is awesome....in a legal way.

No Scott, I do not have a 107 certification but I have no aspirations of flying professionally. I do hope you pass on your firs try and can generate some income flying "legal" missions, LOL.

Reactions: Rodee34
>can generate some income flying "legal" missions, LOL.

Ha! Well, and I'm sure you know this, if you accept any kind of payment doing sUAS work (drone work) without 107 cert, it's against the law. Heck, I know some do it without 107.... but just sayin'.

At least you gotta know where I'm coming from in trying to do this. Heck, nothing might come from all this...but I wanna just try it.

Jay- thanks for response. First off, I apologize for hijacking OP's thread.

I started this whole thing 2 years ago. I loved the creativity of aerial photography and just capturing something I thought was just unique no matter where I was at. Plus, the thrill of flying a drone is awesome.

Monday, December 3rd, I take my Part 107 certification exam. Nervous as heck - been studying so hard for it. I want to do this, at some level, professionally. Even if it allows me to make enough $$ to buy another battery, etc, it'd be worth it!

You are not far from me! I'm about 8 miles from you it seems. I would love for DFW people to get together in a laid back way. A lot for each of us to learn from each other....and just enjoy being around fellow pilots here.

I own (proudly) a P3S, a Mavic Air, and a Spark. I've owned Yuneec drones in the past too.

Scott
Oh good luck on your FAA testing go get em, keep us posted and share the it's & out of taking the test. I started preparing for the 107 test in 2016 but things kept getting in the way, Jan of 2019 no later than
SeattleBoy- Phantom 4 is awesome. Jealous! I will ping ya soon to do some flyin! I'm at [email protected]

Not yet it's my goal for 2019 welcome to the fraternity.

Oh good luck on your FAA testing go get em, keep us posted and share the it's & out of taking the test. I started preparing for the 107 test in 2016 but things kept getting in the way, Jan of 2019 no later than

Not yet it's my goal for 2019 welcome to the fraternity.

How's about this? Lets all chat maybe next week about a meetup soon! The leaves are pretty much gone, it seems to be always windy this time of year in DFW and can be chilly, but it'd still be fun to meet you all. I'm sure we could agree on a central location - although it sounds like we are a little bit spread out in the metro area. I don't mind driving. Heck, I feel like I've pretty much photo'd every inch of Flower Mound! Time for somewhere else.

We’re on a couple acres here, so I do have a little room, but my neighbors probably don’t appreciate me buzzing around up there. I put it on our HOA page that I was practicing, and not to be alarmed at the UFO.

What about flying at school? There may be fields nearby. People say over water is great.. but my luck I’d probably dive bomb right into the water. I need more practice over land first. You have Benbrook lake, if there is a park there, you could try that. Good luck and happy flying!!

LOL... That is all. You made me smile oh Queen of the Indian War Dance!!

I’m of no help. P4P guy.

Thanks for the Laugh!

( I reposted. My earlier one was by phone and I responded to the wrong person )

I'm a member of the Fort Worth Thunderbirds and we have a really nice field which includes a helicopter area where you can fly drones. The field is located at the south end of the lake so there is not only lots of land area but over water as well. However, there is a southern limit to where you can fly because of properties bordering the south end of the park. There are also lots of other fairly secluded parks all around Benbrook lake.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good information here. You are wise to keep reading the manual, and forum posts! I live in Garland Texas. Where do you fly?

Waxahachie, TX. So far I've been staying in the yard. It went across the street once, by accident when I didn't know where the "front" was. :oops: I'm getting led lights to put on, that should help some. Today I may go to the school - I have a huge 60 x 30 metal and steel building in my backyard. I'm not sure if it has any effect on the AC. It seems to follow commands and it hovers in place.. so maybe not. The shop is also smothered in solar panels.. another possible distraction.

Thanks for the welcome!

Hello fellow DFW'ers! Hope everyone's doing well. Well, I took my Part 107 test on Monday (at the Addison Airport). Stressful, but I passed. If anyone wants to know my thoughts on the test, how I studied and more importantly, what I would do different if I could do it all over again...lemme know.

If I can pass this test, you can definitely too!

And I'd like to get an email group together to chat about a meet up! I could get it started.

Hello fellow DFW'ers! Hope everyone's doing well. Well, I took my Part 107 test on Monday (at the Addison Airport). Stressful, but I passed. If anyone wants to know my thoughts on the test, how I studied and more importantly, what I would do different if I could do it all over again...lemme know.

If I can pass this test, you can definitely too!

And I'd like to get an email group together to chat about a meet up! I could get it started.

Most definitely please share your thoughts, how you studied, any areas that gave you trouble, what went right and what went wrong. And your concerns and what you would do different if you had to do it all over again

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor