First flight after winter break

Reaction score
As its getting warmer thought I'd get some flying in after winter break. Charged up batteries plugged in switched on but absolutely no response from the app. P3 fires up ok seem to be talking to controller, even take pictures but no dji app response whatsoever. Have not done any updates to app or firmware since last flight so at a loss to know where to go from here. Can anyone point where I may be going wrong or what is not working. My bet is an Hdmi module fault possibly usb connector. This is the only problem I have ever had with the p3a so could be it's finger trouble. Many thanks guys for any assistance.
Ray

I would try a new USB cable and see if that works. Also force close the app and reopen it. Are you on iOS or Android?

Thanks for reply. I use iOS but I have also tried an Android tablet with the same result and that uses a different connector that's what points me to the hdmi module. What do you think,any other ways of trapping this problem?

Thanks for reply. I use iOS but I have also tried an Android tablet with the same result and that uses a different connector that's what points me to the hdmi module. What do you think,any other ways of trapping this problem?
Do you still have the old non-HDMI module or was the HDMI module already fitted when you bought the quad? If you do still have it, you could try swapping them back over. If that sorts it out then, yes, it's most likely a problem with the HDMI module.

View attachment 97088 Taken a picture of back of hdmi module and USB contact soldering looks a bit sus to me. Picture could be better I must admit but it you can make out something odd compared to other soldering so. Just an observation.
Do you still have the old non-HDMI module or was the HDMI module already fitted when you bought the quad? If you do still have it, you could try swapping them back over. If that sorts it out then, yes, it's most likely a problem with the HDMI module.

Solved- replaced HDMI module with the original and all working as normal. Had to be that and nothing to do with firmware or other software updates as all had been working perfectly well beforehand.

View attachment 97088 Taken a picture of back of hdmi module and USB contact soldering looks a bit sus to me. Picture could be better I must admit but it you can make out something odd compared to other soldering so. Just an observation.
Glad that sorted it out. I can't see the photo but I would suggest that if you are handy with a soldering iron, you can try remaking the USB solder connections.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT