First drone, inevitable first crash lol

Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is my first drone. I traded a couple of RC cars i had (emaxx and scx10) for it and a few other things. I think i did ok. i had maybe 250 bucks into what i traded and the FC40 came with 3 sets of props, 2 sets of prop guards, carrying case, an extra dromida for practice, a small heli new in the box for my kiddo, 3 batteries (all brand new) charger, gimbal, and some other small things.

so i flew it around the yard 100% on manual mode (no gps or anything yet, just wanted to try it out) and it went well. i've flown the smaller ones before so it was pretty straight forward.

went out to the park aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand i crashed it into a tree lol. we flew my daughter's dromida (she's 5) as the light was fading. flew great, no issues, etc.

Then we fly the bigger one... well i'm just not ready to fly this in the dark yet. i lost perspective on the orientation of the drone and it ended up in a tree... HIGH in a tree. Luckily i was able to throttle it out and it fell (tried to catch it but missed).

broke 2 props and 2 prop guards. not really that big of a deal.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. I have a LOT to learn. i should have read up on everything prior to flying. But it's a new toy and i was excited lol.

also, totally installed the camera facing backwards... lol. first real flight, in low light environment, hurrying to get it in with my 5 year old sitting on my lap...

lesson learned here.

printing out the manuals now.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl